Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Dean Ledford
honeypot

Author Topic: Dean Ledford  (Read 6323 times)

training

Dean Ledford
« on: Jul 14, 2007, 07:52 »
Dean Ledford, a house tech at Sequoyah, passed away this afternoon.  He was at home and had just mowed his grass.  He went inside and had a heart attack.  Dean was planning to retire in August and was looking forward to joining the contract tech ranks.

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
  • Never Happy Until Happy With Yourself!
Re: Dean Ledford
« Reply #1 on: Jul 15, 2007, 01:49 »
Dean Ledford was and is one of my favorite House Techs of all time. He never treated me as a contractor, but as a friend. He didnt tell you to go do a job, he always asked. And when he sent you on a job, he could tell you which ladder to climb, which way to turn and how many hangers you would pass before you found that valve you were looking for.

It was always a pleasure to work with him, regardless of the job or how bad the outage sucked. He was always one of the friends I looked forward to seeing again after a long absence from SQN, he will be missed greatly on those outages to come and in life, just knowing he wont be around anymore. I will miss our conversations and friendship. There is one more Tar Heel in heaven now.

RIP my friend, you'll always be in my thoughts.
I NEVER KNEW LOVE, I JUST KNOW THE SOUND IT MAKES WHEN IT LIES!

fraz-me

« Reply #2 on: Jul 16, 2007, 02:29 »
Dean Ledford was a great guy and great tech. He will be missed by all who had the pleasure of knowing him, he and the SQN family are the reasons we all go back. My heart and prayers go out to him and his family. Heaven gained an angel and we lost a dear friend, Rest in Peace my Brother.

Offline Limited Quanity

• Moderate User
  • Don't worry about the mule just load the wagon!
« Reply #3 on: Jul 16, 2007, 08:34 »
Dean was one of the most respected technicians that Sequoyah has ever had.  He was highly thought of here at Watts Bar and at Browns Ferry.  Everybody loved working for Dean.  I had the pleasure of working as a house tech for many years with him at Sequoyah.  I learned a great deal from him during  that time and I'm better for the experience of having known Dean.  It was always a joy seeing his name on the shared resources list that he was coming to help out during a outage.  He was always your ace in the hole, the go to guy.  There will be some very heavy hearts at Sequoyah for a time.  Take care Deano!  We loved you man! 

Arrangements:

Williamson & Sons Funeral Home
8852 Dayton Pike, Soddy-Daisy 37379

Visitation: Tuesday, July 17th -- 4:00 PM to 9:00 PM

Funeral: Wednesday, July 18th at 12:00 PM in the chapel of Williamson & Sons Funeral Home
Soddy, Daisy, TN

Interment will follow the service at the Chattanooga National Cemetary with Military Honors

« Last Edit: Jan 20, 2008, 08:33 by Limited Quanity »
I used to be a lifeguard until some blue kid got me fired.

Fermi2

« Reply #4 on: Jul 18, 2007, 12:26 »
Great guy. Very classy and easy to work with. He and Randy Evans passing really hits home because both were great people and are both missed.

Mike

BeenThereDoneThatSRO

« Reply #5 on: Aug 02, 2007, 09:42 »
Dean was a friend to all. We miss him already. You can't replace folks like Dean. It was he and people like him that made Sequoyah a tolerable place to work.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?