Indian Point 3

Above Average
12 (50%)
Average
8 (33.3%)
Below Average
4 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Indian Point 3  (Read 16519 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Indian Point 3
« on: Nov 30, 2002, 07:05 »
Don't forget to vote.  Keep your comments civil.

Offline makua13

• Light User
  • Live Aloha
Indian Point 3
« Reply #1 on: Sep 10, 2004, 04:20 »
IP3 is on my top 2 list just because the House Techs are interesting and enjoyable, Neffie, Cranker, Billy, etc.  I am not a woman however.  They treated me real fine and I shall return as soon as Numanco drops dead.
IP2 on the other hand is the worst plant I ever worked (pre Entergy) they hate Contractors who know what they are doing.  Obnoxious Slugs almost unanimously.  Love the area, the delis and TNT pizza, canoles, Greek food, would love to return--IP3 only, still do not trust 2.
« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2006, 07:04 by Rennhack »
Live Aloha

bronxcheer

Indian Point
« Reply #2 on: Sep 14, 2004, 08:18 »
IP3 is on my top 2 list just because the House Techs are interesting and enjoyable, Neffie, Cranker, Billy, etc. 
Neff has always been one of my favorite people too. He is retired now. Saw him this summerand he is loving life.

Offline Showme T. Money

• Light User
  • Senior HP Tech
Re: Indian Point 3
« Reply #3 on: Aug 29, 2005, 09:28 »
worked there for the first outage after entergy had bought units 1,2,and 3.  Seemed a little weird being able to walk from unit 3 turbine into unit 1/2 turbine.  Very union minded but as long as you dont make any waves its not to bad.

LaFeet

« Reply #4 on: Oct 23, 2005, 10:15 »
Being new to the outage life, this was my second outage.  Met and befriended a lot of GREAT house techs from the shared resources as well as the locals. 

I was able to stay at West Point (ex nav retiree) and the "Goat Trail" was a pleasant, if somewhat harrowing drive experience.

Dose and Contam levels were meeger at IP3.  I would go back again, and probably will hit IP2 this spring.

LaFeet

Indian Point
« Reply #5 on: Mar 13, 2006, 07:43 »
I managed to sneak into IP3 last fall and had a blast.  Worked with house techs from both unit 2 and 3.  While there was a noticable attitude change between houses, I thought I was treated well by both sides.

Looking forward to comparing IP2 outage to IP3's last one.

CoastalCaptainJack

« Reply #6 on: Apr 05, 2008, 09:14 »
IP3 is on my top 2 list just because the House Techs are interesting and enjoyable, Neffie, Cranker, Billy, etc.  I am not a woman however.  They treated me real fine and I shall return as soon as Numanco drops dead.
IP2 on the other hand is the worst plant I ever worked (pre Entergy) they hate Contractors who know what they are doing.  Obnoxious Slugs almost unanimously.  Love the area, the delis and TNT pizza, canoles, Greek food, would love to return--IP3 only, still do not trust 2.

Indian Point 3 in the late 1980s was a good place to work.  You are right about the GREAT food around the plant, Italian, Greek, etc.  Is the bar Johnny Ritz's still open?  The "Ocilla Boys" used to hang out there after work.  Then we would TRY to play some softball.  LOL  Where are all of the "Ocilla Boys" now?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?