Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu The 2007 monetary value for the NRRPT on an hourly basis?

Author Topic: The 2007 monetary value for the NRRPT on an hourly basis?  (Read 82348 times)

exocom

I first took the test in 1995 at the insistence of a house supervisor.   At that time the utility was seriously considering not hiring contract RPs that did not have the NRRPT.  Passing the test gave me a $1.50/hour raise at some sites; $1.00/hour at others and nothing at still other sites.  I got out of the field in 2002 and came due in the time I was out.  Came back in 2005, took the test again in 2006 and received a $1.25/hour raise.  I figure the value of the NRRPT to me at $16,000 over ten years.

Cathy

I just recently passed the NRRPT (2-28-09) and honestly it was the most difficult test I have taken in years, I was truly surprised. The company I work for paid for the test (250, but only if you pass, you fail, your loss) and sent me to a prep course on site several months prior. I can say for me personally that the prep course had little value for me. As far as monetary value, the NRRPT is worth about 1400 to 1500 a year in additional pay at my plant.

stownsend

I think that some off your best techs came up through the ranks of deconners with no degee's.

Also I have seen people who has passed the NAACP and are navy super intellegent and book smart that couldn't Dose rate a bag of trash!

What type of questions are on the NAACP exam? :P

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?