News and Discussions > History & Trivia
Hope Creek Containment Building
<< < (4/4)
wlrun3@aol.com:

--- Quote from: rlbinc on Aug 09, 2007, 01:30 ---BWR Containments...

Mark I is the Nitrogen inerted Drywell and Torus. The Lightbulb and the Donut inspired this design. These are inside an unremarkable pole barn called a Reactor Building. They are found at BWR 2s, 3s, and 4s. Dresden, Quad Cities, Pilgrim, Duane Arnold, Monticello and almost every body else have these.

Mark II is the vertical standpipe containment. They are also Nitrogen inerted. These are found at BWR 5s. In the Mark I and II the Drywell IS the Primary Containment. LaSalle, Columbia, NMP 2, and Susquehanna have these.

Mark III is the horizontal vent containment. These have a Drywell inside the Primary Containment. These are NOT inerted, you can tour the Primary Containment at power and look down (and hopefully see no bubbles) in the Suppression Pool. since they are not inerted, they have active Hydrogen control systems, such as igniters, mixers, and recombiners.
Some have Containment Spray (Clinton, Perry, Grand Gulf) Some do not (River Bend).

Why? Heck I don't know. Ask GE.

--- End quote ---

"3,4,5 Kiss Hymies Ass" 3 kW = 4 HP = 5 Amps at 480vac ...
"Hymie Rickover's Thumbrule for Interplanetary Power Conversion is more correctly 3,4,5,12,Kiss Hymies Ass Daily, with the 12 corresponding to DC Amps at Battery Voltage."  rblinc

Thankyou, again.

RRhoads:
I can verify that is sux in that drywell!
Have not been in a worse one than Oyster Creek!
So they are on PAR with each other..same w/ the Area!
Navigation
Message Index
Previous page

Go to full version