Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Job Interviews: Authorization letter from command/Navy?
honeypot

Author Topic: Job Interviews: Authorization letter from command/Navy?  (Read 5559 times)

jonota

I am attending a job interview (hopefully) early next month and they have specified that they need a letter (of some sort) that "allows" them to interview me since they are a government contractor.  I requested more information on what this letter is supposed to contain but so far haven't got much in the way of guidance.  I still have 7 months in, but I have a lot of terminal, and a deployment between now and then and need to get this done.  I can't seem to find ANYTHING on this "letter" that they need.  I have seen some to authorize actually WORKING for the company during terminal leave, but nothing just to interview.  Has anyone had to deal with this, and if so what did you get/use?  I went to my ships Yeoman (yeah I know good luck right) and he looked at me like I was an idiot, and said I don't need anyone's permission to interview... except his contractor has stated that if I don't get the "letter", then they have to cancel the interview.  HELP!

Offline deltarho

• An EOOW asked during his S/Y steam plant testing pre-watch tour, "Shouldn't those scram breakers be open?" K-thunk, K-thunk. "Uh-oh!"
  • Heavy User
  • I make alpha particle "direct delivery" systems.
Re: Job Interviews: Authorization letter from command/Navy?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 30, 2007, 07:54 »
Try your NCC.
The above has nothing to do with any real  or imagined person(s).  Moreover, any referenced biped(s) simulating real or imagined persons--with a pulse or not--is coincidental, as far as you know.

ddklbl

« Reply #2 on: Aug 30, 2007, 09:44 »
When I moved to SC, I tried to get a new license and registration for my cars.  The DMV lady wanted to see my orders or else I would have to pay a fine (I'd been living in SC for longer than 30 days) since my military ID wasn't enough to validate that I was under military obligation to live in the state.  So I go home and get a copy of my orders.  They were the ones that my YN1 emailed to my ENG and me, the DMV lady balked at them because they had the outlook header file on the top.  She said they weren't my "OFFICIAL" orders.  I tried to explain to her how with the advent of email, military communications were slowly crawling to 1990's technology.  She said that everyone else was able to bring their official orders, why was I being so difficult.  She refused to accept my orders as proof (a copy of this same email was indeed in my service record) .  The manager refused to accept my orders, all because of the Outlook email header.  Well, I got online and copied my orders from the BUPERS website, cut and paste to Word, courier new, 12 pt font, and drove to Staples.  I bought a red OFFICIAL stamp for 10 bucks and stamped my new "OFFICIAL" orders in red.  The DMV lady asked why I was being so difficult in getting them what they wanted.

Long story short.  Get them what they want.  It isn't that hard to put the check in the box.

jonota

« Reply #3 on: Aug 31, 2007, 04:23 »
I think I found what I wanted by searching a bunch of different word combos on Yahoo.  I found a "Navy Post Government employment Guide" that said to interview with a contractor you had to submit a "disqualification letter" to the command so that they know you can't have anything to do with negotiating or evaluating (among other things) the company with which your are interviewing.  I haven't made sure but I think that is what they are looking for.  Of course, Navy Legal Office in PH and my command are NO help at all as usual... maybe if someone else has this problem in the future this will help.

Offline deltarho

• An EOOW asked during his S/Y steam plant testing pre-watch tour, "Shouldn't those scram breakers be open?" K-thunk, K-thunk. "Uh-oh!"
  • Heavy User
  • I make alpha particle "direct delivery" systems.
« Reply #4 on: Sep 04, 2007, 07:26 »
Totally off subject...but when you capitalized NO, that reminded me of a time I was travelling down I-10 and saw NO airport 10 miles.  I thought it odd that someone would bother to say that there isn't an airport withing 10 miles.  Then it dawned on me... I was in Luisianna...ergo, New Orleans.   Farging Nuke!
The above has nothing to do with any real  or imagined person(s).  Moreover, any referenced biped(s) simulating real or imagined persons--with a pulse or not--is coincidental, as far as you know.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?