Reference, Questions and Help > Polls

outage tee shirts

(1/7) > >>

Gonzo:
i wish someone would set up a site and everyone would photo and upload the pix of their old teeshirts...

Rennhack:

--- Quote from: Gonzo on Sep 05, 2007, 06:31 ---i wish someone would set up a site and everyone would photo and upload the pix of their old teeshirts...

--- End quote ---
There is already a site you can upload your pictures of outages and outage t-shirts, called NukeWorker.com

Why can't you use the 'upload picture' button here?

Brett LaVigne:
Seems like outages used to be different. We would show up and re-unite with old friends and make some new ones. Many of us were less than 30 years old and looking for a party. The outage seemed like more of a party than it does now. I think the majority have grown and don't think the same about an outage, we are here to make money and support our families. The outage shirt used ot be a fit, it was a great way to "remember that outage when we made a bon fire with the rental car on the last day and drank our bodyweight in beer".
Those outages just don't exist anymore...Thank goodness!

Camella Black:
I agree that most of us have grown up and gotten wise to the world (thank goodness) but I am a firm believer that the short outages have been caused a ripple effect in our lives. Money aside, think about it. We used to spend 8, 9 months even a year working with the same people, eating out with them, partying with them and traveling to the next job with them. We were like a clan, a big huge family. Wives and children went along, so did girlfriends, moms (ours) as babysitters, it just didn't end.

I miss the old days and sometimes think we lost a lot more than rent a cars, paid hotel rooms and flights and long work hours.

Anyway if I've dampened your mood sorry but hey I'd still love to see some reprints of those old shirts ....

Chimera:
I think I still have a bunch going back to the late 70's.  When I started on the road (he said while tamping his pipe and fluffing the cushions on his rocking chair), outages were only a few weeks long.  We traveled as a crew - the same guys (with a few additions and subtractions) worked together where ever we went.  Following TMI, the outages grew longer as mods were implemented.  Something happened in the mid-80's where plants seemed to forget how to get of their outages.  Now we're back to shorter outages. 

Next time I get home, I'll have to brush the moth balls off the old shirts and start taking pictures.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version