NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu some perks of the past

Poll

How many recall

Rental cars
3 (6.4%)
Paid flights
0 (0%)
check hat and cup when you came on site.
1 (2.1%)
Advanced Per Diem
7 (14.9%)
Good Guy Letter
2 (4.3%)
all of the above
34 (72.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: some perks of the past  (Read 37483 times)

alphadude

Re: some perks of the past
« Reply #50 on: Oct 18, 2007, 05:51 »
dont foget weapons- you could take them in your car and sell them in the parking lots. sometimes even take them into the plant- remember sweeney at salem- got caught coming out of the plant with a 357   

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #51 on: Oct 18, 2007, 08:49 »
@ oconee inna 70s, yinz cood go out two da sop area frum containment, doff yer gloves, git a hand 'n face frisk, burn a butt 'n get a drinka water.  never thaught dat was a perk, thought it moor a way to keep every buddy working inna can four moren 2 ours.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline snowman

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #52 on: Oct 19, 2007, 02:41 »
dont foget weapons- you could take them in your car and sell them in the parking lots. sometimes even take them into the plant- remember sweeney at salem- got caught coming out of the plant with a 357   

I thought bringing an automatic weapon to work was a prerequisite to get into Turkey Point in the 1980's!

Offline xobxdoc

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #53 on: Oct 19, 2007, 03:10 »
Playing cards for 3 weeks in a trailer overlooking the Pacific Ocean waiting for your red badge at a 4 month outage. That was cool!
 Working an endless 7/12s outage at Turkey Point in 85. When we got off work, we would go watch the Juniors shoot their guns across a canal adjacent to the parking lot and have a few beers. That was all you had time for.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?