Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Richard Kelling
honeypot

Author Topic: Richard Kelling  (Read 12919 times)

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
  • I was liberal as a youth then I had to pay taxes..
Richard Kelling
« on: Sep 07, 2007, 02:50 »
Once again it with great sadness I relay this on to you alll.  Richard Kelling, SHP & Supv that many of you have worked with or for over the years has passed away last week.  I dont have details at thi stime, I will post further as I find out.
The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

oldodge52

Re: Richard Kelling
« Reply #1 on: Sep 07, 2007, 04:55 »
This is such sad news! I worked with Richard the last few outages at Calvert.... I called him Pop-Pop, he would say, 'What is it now, granddaughter?' We had so much fun on the refuel floor. I learned an awful lot from him... one of the most intelligent HPs I've ever met. So sad....
 :'(
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2007, 08:31 by oldodge52 »

RADBASTARD

« Reply #2 on: Sep 07, 2007, 10:34 »
This is such sad news.
Me and my wife worked with him at so many outages at calvert and millstone.
He always seemed like a grumpy old man but he was a friend and a very good tech.
He would do anything that the job called for and would stay in the can for hours,he will be missed.
 Our prayers go out to his family.
We seemed to be losing to many of our friends lately.

justatech

« Reply #3 on: Sep 08, 2007, 08:50 »
My thoughts and prayers go out to Richard's family.

I worked with Richard at Limerick 2004 and somewhere else I just don't remember - nicest guy to work with - great tech ..................we shall all miss you.

Rest in Peace..........

gibbsy

« Reply #4 on: Sep 14, 2007, 02:32 »
 Very,Very sad news of Richard's passing.  Worked many outages with him the last at Millstone.  My deepest sympathy and my prayers for his family.  Quiet, but a great tech and good friend.  May God bless and keep you my friend.
                                                                                                                  Gibbsy

gibbsy

« Reply #5 on: Sep 14, 2007, 02:52 »
Richard you will be missed deeply.

I have worked with and known Richard since his first power plant outage right out of the Navy. He was extremely dedicated and dependable. Once you broke through that tough shell you found a very likeable, kind man. He helped me out many times professionally and personally.
This is a real loss for me and for all of us all that knew him.

We know he is at peace now.

Kobster

Offline Radwraith

• Heavy User
  • How much am I getting for this?
« Reply #6 on: Sep 14, 2007, 10:32 »
This will be a loss long felt by those of us who Knew, worked with and Learned from Rick. He will be sorely missed!! Rest in piece Chief; and go with God!

Steve and Hawk
Remember the seven P's: Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!

Offline radwench

• Very Lite User
« Reply #7 on: Sep 14, 2007, 10:48 »
Rick was always the sweetest guy
under the tough exterior was a great tech, a good teacher
a man with a great sense of humor
i am very saddened by this news
and i hope all is well with his family and friends

Harpo

« Reply #8 on: Sep 15, 2007, 02:53 »
 :-[ A sad day with the loss of a very good friend, a good tech, Rich Kelling. I drink a toast to you, Rich. We will miss you every time we set foot on the refuel floor at Millstone, but those who really got to know you will celebrate your memory.

Right now, I know that somewhere, Rich is looking down saying "Shut the hell up and get on with it." , so again I toast him and wish him a safe voyage into the next life.

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #9 on: Sep 15, 2007, 10:14 »
Richard had the best deadpan delivery.  Sometimes it took a minute to figure that he was joking.
We were both pretty new right out of the Navy when we met at Nine Mile Point.  Fortunately, we didn't keep all the bad habits we acquired there.
Rest with God, Rick.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline RRhoads

• Heavy User
  • it was like like that when i got here!
« Reply #10 on: Sep 15, 2007, 11:37 »
That sux about Richard....worked w/ him a few places...longest being at Clinton.
Take care Richard!

Offline rocknrollrick

• Moderate User
  • PAYING THE COST TO BE THE BOSS!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: Sep 25, 2007, 03:24 »
Another great tech gone :( I worked with Rick at Milestone and Calvert he was a great character ;) He will be missed by all that knew him. He always missed being away from his family. He was a crusty sea dog with a heart of gold. I'm glad I got to know you Rick.
Early to bed, 13 hours on nights, makes you tired, wealthy and a night crawler!!!!

Offline DJ@Retired

• Moderate User
  • Just Win Baby! Well Maybe Next Year!
« Reply #12 on: Nov 01, 2007, 04:13 »
Rich, will be missed though out the RP world. A very Good man gone. 
A good friend will bail you out of jail. A great friend will be sitting next to you saying "Dam, that was Fun"

okiecity

« Reply #13 on: Dec 14, 2007, 01:50 »
Sorry to hear Rich passed away.  He was a blast to work with.  Very hard worker and that sense of humor.  Once you figured out his sense of humor it was even more fun to work with him.  Good-Bye Rich

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?