Facility & Company Information > Company Information

Shaw Group

(1/9) > >>

Rennhack:
Talk about this company here.  Don't forget to vote.

Mike McFarlin:
Worked for them at Fitzpatrick, good group of people to work for.

ironcross:
I have to say The Shaw Group is by far the worst contractor I have worked for in recent years. I completely understand the complexity of tackling a nuclear contract in the states after what happened in Japan, but the severity of upper management completely going off the proverbial deep end is beyond belief here at Vogtle.
If and when Shaw losses this contract due to the poor management shown to Southern Company, not many workers will return due to the poor reputation that Shaw has exhorted. I am one who will travel somewhere else to find a better job than to be treated like ......quote from upper management" one of the inmates" and yes this came from a superintendent. This is the mentality of upper management on the job.

Ksheed:

--- Quote from: ironcross on May 03, 2012, 02:47 ---I have to say The Shaw Group is by far the worst contractor I have worked for in recent years.

--- End quote ---
If you don't mind me asking, what is your craft/position?

Rennhack:

--- Quote from: ksheed12 on May 04, 2012, 11:22 ---If you don't mind me asking, what is your craft/position?

--- End quote ---

Very Good question.

I worked for them twice as an ALARA Coordinator, and once as a Safety Engineer, and I had no problems with them at all.  I suspect your position with them (craft, Rad Tech, management, etc) has a great deal to do with your experience.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version