National Enrichment Facility, Louisiana Energy Services

Above Average
2 (33.3%)
Average
2 (33.3%)
Below Average
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: National Enrichment Facility  (Read 35509 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
National Enrichment Facility
« on: Sep 09, 2007, 12:13 »
Talk about this company here.  Don't forget to vote.

Offline Brigrat

• Moderate User
  • Go Chargers!
Re: National Enrichment Facility
« Reply #1 on: Sep 13, 2007, 09:25 »
We should add this site to the Region 2 forum. 

All in all, this is a good company to work for.  Competitive pay, interesting culture (3 of our 4 sites are in Europe), and exciting work.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #2 on: Sep 15, 2007, 12:33 »
We should add this site to the Region 2 forum. 
I lost the other argument, but this one I can win.  NEF isn't in Region 2, it's in Region 4.

Offline Brigrat

• Moderate User
  • Go Chargers!
« Reply #3 on: Sep 17, 2007, 02:53 »
Actually, it is in region 2.  Back in 2003, all Fuel Cycle facilities regardless of location were placed in region two out of Atlanta.  This includes the fuel fab facilities, USEC, and the NEF.

Offline Brigrat

• Moderate User
  • Go Chargers!
« Reply #4 on: Sep 17, 2007, 02:59 »
Although we do not show up in any of the regions on the NRC Website, you will notice on the second page of the following attachment, the only NRC personnel from the region were all from RII or region 2.

http://adamswebsearch2.nrc.gov/idmws/doccontent.dll?library=PU_ADAMS^PBNTAD01&ID=072410148

This link also shows about 2/3's of the way down that all Fuel Cycle is in Region 2
« Last Edit: Sep 17, 2007, 03:02 by Brigrat »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #5 on: Sep 17, 2007, 06:49 »
Thats nice.  I don't really care which inspector you have.  You will notice that none of the DOE sites are listed on your NRC list, but we include them GEOGRAPHICALLY on NukeWorker.  It's just coincidence that our regions 1-4 coincide with the NRC's regions.  I can guarentee you that New Mexico is "Western" (Our Region 4), and not "South East" (Our Region 2).

And... nice link, but us mortals don't have access to http://adamswebsearch2.nrc.gov

Offline Brigrat

• Moderate User
  • Go Chargers!
« Reply #6 on: Sep 17, 2007, 09:11 »
Pardon me for not knowing that regions 1-4 on your site had no relation to regions 1-4 in the NRC world...it makes sense to list DOE sites geographically, since they do not fall in to any NRC Region...but if a facility does fall in to a region it seems logical to include it in said named region...I would be willing to bet that 99% of the people here assumed that your regions 1-4 were intended to represent something similar to the 4 NRC regions that we are all familiar with...its your site...you can obviously do as you wish, it is your site, I will no longer attempt to correct information that is inaccurately if you find it offensive.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #7 on: Sep 17, 2007, 11:37 »
I understand that the Region II office in Atlanta has national responsibilities for fuel cycle facilities.
You understand that New Mexico is physically located in Region 4.

NukeWorker tries to design it’s site to be easy for people to find information.  How many people in the world will look for New Mexico in the “South East” region?  The NRC site lists New Mexico in Region 4, see link.
http://www.nrc.gov/info-finder/region-state/index.html

And as of today, it does not list the NEF in any region.

You can admit that listing a New Mexico facility in “western”, with ALL THE OTHER New Mexico facilities makes sense, or you can insist that we put a New Mexico facility in the South East Region, because some people in the NRC's atlanta office didn't have enought work to do. 

Would you prefer that I divide NukeWorker into 10 regions like the EPA?  Then where does it go? (Region 6)  Our 4 region split is just to prevent the overload that people would get from having everything on one page.

I obviously don’t know everything there is to know about nuclear.  But I know where New Mexico is.  And I know where 99.999% of our users will look for a facility that is located in New Mexico.

Here is the public NRC page about the NEF, that the rest of us can access:
http://www.nrc.gov/materials/fuel-cycle-fac/lesfacility.html
It does not mention Region 2, or 4.

It doesn’t matter to a geographic map, what office your inspectors are dispatched out of.  PHYSICALLY, the site is located in Region 4, “Western” United States.

Look at the map below, and tell me where most people would look?

« Last Edit: Sep 18, 2007, 12:11 by Rennhack »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #8 on: Sep 18, 2007, 12:08 »
...but if a facility does fall in to a region it seems logical to include it in said named region... I will no longer attempt to correct information that is inaccurately if you find it offensive.

I don't find your 'corrections' offensive.  I welcome peer checking.  But I beg to differ with you.

The facility isn't IN region 2, the region 2 inspectors are responsible for it.  There is a difference.

But to be fair, I’ll let Troy (Beercourt) decide.  Troy, what do you say?

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #9 on: Sep 18, 2007, 01:24 »
I feel like Judge Judy.

I am going to decide in favor of Region 4.

The purpose of the facilities map is to help the user locate a site without the inside knowledge that he or she would need to know that the site is under the authority of a particular NRC office.

Those people who have such knowledge would not likely need to use NukeWorker.com as their information source for the facility in question.  Those who seek facility information on this site generally do so because their knowledge of a site is limited, and they are seeking to add to it.

Though the facility should be listed under region 4, the fact that it is under the authority of NRC Region 2 would be a nice bit of trivia to include in a post in the Talk About section of the forum.  Well, I see that this has already been done in a major way.

Court is adjourned.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline Mike_Koehler

• Heavy User
  • I love nukeworker.com!!!!
« Reply #10 on: Sep 18, 2007, 01:53 »

Court is adjourned.

Would that be a Beer Court you are adjourning?

Mike
"Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented
  immigrant" is like calling a drug
  dealer an "unlicensed Pharmacist."
unknown
"If you seal the borders and you stop giving federal benefits to people who are in the country illegally... many of them will simply go home."
Lou Barletta, Mayor of Hazelton, Pa.

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #11 on: Sep 18, 2007, 07:18 »
+karma for being the first to catch that.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline Brigrat

• Moderate User
  • Go Chargers!
« Reply #12 on: Sep 18, 2007, 09:08 »
Your point is valid.  I wasn't thinking from the perspective of where people would look for the site, simply what region it is actually in.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #13 on: Sep 18, 2007, 10:27 »
Your point is valid.  I wasn't thinking from the perspective of where people would look for the site, simply what region it is actually in.

Again, the facility isn't IN region 2, the region 2 inspectors are responsible for it.  There is a difference.

I have listed links as to how the regions are actually defined by the NRC.  I can give the websters deffinition of a region too if you like.  It isn't IN 2.  It's regulated by 2.  Please stop saying "in".  It's driving me nucking futs.

Region is defined as an 'area' or 'spatial location'.  It is not 'spatially located' in the south east, it is not IN the south east.  It is not IN region 2.  It is regulated by region 2 inspectors.

This isn't hard, we can all agree on this.  And I know if Troy says '4', the answer is '4'.

I'm sorry if I'm beating a dead horse, and I'm sorry if I'm offending you.  But my OCD just goes crazy every time youy say it's "in" 2.  It's not IN 2.
« Last Edit: Sep 18, 2007, 10:29 by Rennhack »

illegalsmile

« Reply #14 on: Sep 19, 2007, 06:04 »
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source
re·gion      /ˈridʒən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ree-juhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. an extensive, continuous part of a surface, space, or body: a region of the earth. 
2. Usually, regions. the vast or indefinite entirety of a space or area, or something compared to one: the regions of the firmament; the regions of the mind. 
3. a part of the earth's surface (land or sea) of considerable and usually indefinite extent: a tropical region. 
4. a district without respect to boundaries or extent: a charming region in Connecticut. 
5. a part or division of the universe, as the heavens: a galactic region. 
6. a large indefinite area or range of something specified; sphere: a region of authority. 
7. an area of interest, activity, pursuit, etc.; field: studies in the region of logic. 
8. an administrative division of a city or territory. 
9. Zoogeography. a major faunal area of the earth's surface, sometimes one regarded as a division of a larger area. 
10. Anatomy. a place in or a division of the body or a part of the body: the abdominal region. 
11. Mathematics. a. Also called domain. an open connected set. 
b. the union of such a set and some or all of its boundary points. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1300–50; ME < AF regiun < L regiōn- (s. of regiō) direction, line, boundary, equiv. to reg(ere) to rule + -iōn- -ion]

—Synonyms 1. area, section, portion. 4. locale, site, tract, quarter.

Offline Brigrat

• Moderate User
  • Go Chargers!
« Reply #15 on: Oct 02, 2007, 10:50 »
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source
re·gion      /ˈridʒən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ree-juhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. an extensive, continuous part of a surface, space, or body: a region of the earth. 
2. Usually, regions. the vast or indefinite entirety of a space or area, or something compared to one: the regions of the firmament; the regions of the mind. 
3. a part of the earth's surface (land or sea) of considerable and usually indefinite extent: a tropical region. 
4. a district without respect to boundaries or extent: a charming region in Connecticut. 
5. a part or division of the universe, as the heavens: a galactic region. 
6. a large indefinite area or range of something specified; sphere: a region of authority.
7. an area of interest, activity, pursuit, etc.; field: studies in the region of logic.
8. an administrative division of a city or territory.
9. Zoogeography. a major faunal area of the earth's surface, sometimes one regarded as a division of a larger area. 
10. Anatomy. a place in or a division of the body or a part of the body: the abdominal region. 
11. Mathematics. a. Also called domain. an open connected set. 
b. the union of such a set and some or all of its boundary points. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1300–50; ME < AF regiun < L regiōn- (s. of regiō) direction, line, boundary, equiv. to reg(ere) to rule + -iōn- -ion]

—Synonyms 1. area, section, portion. 4. locale, site, tract, quarter.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #16 on: Oct 03, 2007, 08:17 »
Have we gotten far enought off topic yet?

mlslstephens

« Reply #17 on: Oct 03, 2007, 09:31 »
Have we gotten far enought off topic yet?

Yes, but it was your OCD that got us there. 
I understand that the Region II office in Atlanta has national responsibilities for fuel cycle facilities.
You understand that New Mexico is physically located in Region 4.

Oh yeah, stop shouting at the rest of us.  :)  Well, technically you aren't shouting at us because you didn't type in all CAPS, but you did bold your sentence to get across your point.  Would that be more like pointing your finger but not shouting? :-\
« Last Edit: Oct 03, 2007, 09:35 by NaVLI4 »

illegalsmile

« Reply #18 on: Oct 03, 2007, 04:10 »
i took it that he was just bolding it to call our attention to the parts of the definition that supported his position

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #19 on: Oct 03, 2007, 07:02 »
i took it that he was just bolding it to call our attention to the parts of the definition that supported his position

Yeah, what he said.

landlubber

« Reply #20 on: Oct 03, 2007, 07:20 »
This is the funniest thread I have ever read on the internet. :-*
But my OCD just goes crazy every time youy say it's "in" 2.
Both of you are exhibiting OCARD, not OCD. OCARD is a more advanced state of OCD, you are both showing evidence of it. The good thing is, attacks of OCARD are very entertaining to watch!

Thanks for the show! ;)

Peace

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #21 on: Oct 03, 2007, 08:20 »
In true OCD fashion I googled "Define OCARD", which yielded nothing.
http://www.google.com/search?q=define+OCARD

I have to guess that you made it up, and that you think we are Anal Retentive.

Perhaps OCARD is a navy secret.  Or Draco spelled backwards. Or...
« Last Edit: Oct 03, 2007, 09:07 by Rennhack »

illegalsmile

« Reply #22 on: Oct 03, 2007, 08:35 »
i think the 'R' stands for 'retentive'

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #23 on: Oct 03, 2007, 09:07 »
i think the 'R' stands for 'retentive'
Isn't that what I just said?

landlubber

« Reply #24 on: Oct 03, 2007, 09:21 »
Isn't that what I just said?
Yes, that is what you said. And, yes, Anal Retentive is what the AR stands for. I actually did not make it up, but an ex-Navy nuke friend of mine uses it to describe one of our coworkers. I will ask my friend where he heard it. My friend says that OCARD is untreatable, but people around an OCARD sufferer should take medication to more easily cope with the symptoms.

Maybe we can add it to Wikipedia! :P

I apologize for all of this abuse, you don't deserve it.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?