Facility & Company Information > Entergy

Entergy

(1/4) > >>

Rennhack:
Talk about this company.  Don't forget to vote.

tntplayer:
I see that Entergy has received 3 below average votes out of 4 total, but there are not any comments.  Any of the voters willing to back up their opinion with some comments?

Roll Tide:

--- Quote from: tntplayer on Dec 19, 2007, 04:05 ---I see that Entergy has received 3 below average votes out of 4 total, but there are not any comments.  Any of the voters willing to back up their opinion with some comments?

--- End quote ---

They tried a merger with FP&L. It was a real horse-race to see who was more negative in treatment of employees. I would think those two companies are about even in employee treatment, based on what I heard at the time (2000?)

Melrose:

--- Quote from: tntplayer on Dec 19, 2007, 04:05 ---I see that Entergy has received 3 below average votes out of 4 total, but there are not any comments.  Any of the voters willing to back up their opinion with some comments?

--- End quote ---

Actually that's 4 "Below Average" votes out of a total of 7.

I see most of the misery in the fence.  You'll be in the "P" building.  Don't recall much of the training dept. or the training received when there.  Do recall some fellas getting up in the auditorium giving the hoorah speach, citing problems/accidents in the industry, and making reference to the wrong facilities and lack of information on the abstracts.

Now... in the fence, everyone's abuzz with anxiety.  Mgmnt changes, repositioning, demotions whatever you want to call it.
Made for working there unpleasant.  If not for a few of the people I worked with, I wouldn't have have gone there.  Made a commitment not to go back in 02.  Went back in 06 due to personal reasons, with the knowledge of exactly whom I'd be working with, unfortunately still under the same sup.  Funny as hell guy, cut your throat in a minute, pat you on the back, then son of a bitch you the next.  Humor is a little less than proffessional.

Just my personal experience.  Anything regarding the state of affairs with the employees is bservational, as well as what's gained thru casual conversation with the workers.

I don't think anyone can really put their thumb on the problems there.  Everyone has them, how you deal with them and what you do about them are the factors the decide you mortality in the Entergy system.

oh... did I say, "pack a snow blower and a plow"?

tntplayer:
Melrose and Roll Tide, thanks for your comments.  I am curious because I received a training job offer at Fitz and I am seriously considering it. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version