Entergy

Above Average
5 (22.7%)
Average
7 (31.8%)
Below Average
10 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Entergy  (Read 24127 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Entergy
« on: Sep 09, 2007, 12:45 »
Talk about this company.  Don't forget to vote.

Offline tntplayer

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
Re: Entergy
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2007, 04:05 »
I see that Entergy has received 3 below average votes out of 4 total, but there are not any comments.  Any of the voters willing to back up their opinion with some comments?

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2007, 08:25 »
I see that Entergy has received 3 below average votes out of 4 total, but there are not any comments.  Any of the voters willing to back up their opinion with some comments?

They tried a merger with FP&L. It was a real horse-race to see who was more negative in treatment of employees. I would think those two companies are about even in employee treatment, based on what I heard at the time (2000?)
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Melrose

« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2007, 09:18 »

Actually that's 4 "Below Average" votes out of a total of 7.

I see most of the misery in the fence.  You'll be in the "P" building.  Don't recall much of the training dept. or the training received when there.  Do recall some fellas getting up in the auditorium giving the hoorah speach, citing problems/accidents in the industry, and making reference to the wrong facilities and lack of information on the abstracts.

Now... in the fence, everyone's abuzz with anxiety.  Mgmnt changes, repositioning, demotions whatever you want to call it.
Made for working there unpleasant.  If not for a few of the people I worked with, I wouldn't have have gone there.  Made a commitment not to go back in 02.  Went back in 06 due to personal reasons, with the knowledge of exactly whom I'd be working with, unfortunately still under the same sup.  Funny as hell guy, cut your throat in a minute, pat you on the back, then son of a bitch you the next.  Humor is a little less than proffessional.

Just my personal experience.  Anything regarding the state of affairs with the employees is bservational, as well as what's gained thru casual conversation with the workers.

I don't think anyone can really put their thumb on the problems there.  Everyone has them, how you deal with them and what you do about them are the factors the decide you mortality in the Entergy system.

oh... did I say, "pack a snow blower and a plow"?
« Last Edit: Dec 20, 2007, 09:20 by Melrose »

Offline tntplayer

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 2007, 10:22 »
Melrose and Roll Tide, thanks for your comments.  I am curious because I received a training job offer at Fitz and I am seriously considering it. 

Offline flamatrix99

• Moderate User
  • I really dig you Sir...
« Reply #5 on: Dec 22, 2007, 02:45 »
They tried a merger with FP&L. It was a real horse-race to see who was more negative in treatment of employees. I would think those two companies are about even in employee treatment, based on what I heard at the time (2000?)

Having worked for both I would say that Entergy is worse to it's barginning unit employees. I think the Training at FPL was far better then Entergy and FPL pays better. Entergy is probably better to the SROs but they don't get overtime and I know the SROs at FPL do.

Just my personal experience.

jamesls

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 10:52 »
Hello to All,

My brother has worked for entergy for at least 15 years in at least three locations; at present he and his family live and work in Tatum, Tx and have been there for i think 6 years; his field is "instrumentation" and he has always recieved time and a half for overtime; He just told me that he will soon be cut to straight time pay for overtime worked! I feel for him and his kids and was hoping someone here had the skinny on what's up here. Can they do it legally? If so then what legislation gives them the right and how would they be able to get away with this?

Thanks

Offline XGDubNuke

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #7 on: Jul 19, 2008, 04:21 »
Anyone know if Entergy allows internal transfers to different sites?

30378wby

« Reply #8 on: Jul 19, 2008, 04:26 »
We have several in the last 6 months transfer from one site to another.

bheinz

« Reply #9 on: Jul 25, 2008, 11:48 »
I have worked for Entergy for the last 2 years. Seeing how this is my first civilian power plant, I don't think it's that bad. Except for the fact that they really do treat our union like crap. I guess like every company out there they have good qualities and bad qualities.

Offline Dewman

• Lurker
« Reply #10 on: Dec 17, 2012, 06:24 »
I had an interview for Entergy over 3 months ago. They havn't returned my emails or phone calls. Anyone have previous experience with Entergy hiring process?

Offline Joe Mama

• Very Lite User
« Reply #11 on: Mar 20, 2018, 12:45 »
When Riverbend was Gulf States Utilites, it was not a very nice place for house techs.  I was there from 89 to 92.  Bad mojo.

Offline scotoma

• Heavy User
« Reply #12 on: Mar 20, 2018, 03:47 »
I guess it depends on which plant that you worked. It seems to have as much or more to do with the local culture than the corporation.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #13 on: Mar 20, 2018, 07:33 »
I guess it depends on which plant that you worked. It seems to have as much or more to do with the local culture than the corporation.

True.  I worked at Palisades, and my experience was exceptional.  I would work there again.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #14 on: Mar 21, 2018, 06:45 »
True.  I worked at Palisades, and my experience was exceptional.  I would work there again.
It also depends on when you were there. My experience at Palisades was... well lets just say less than exceptional. Way less. But that was 42 years ago, so...
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline scotoma

• Heavy User
« Reply #15 on: Mar 21, 2018, 07:11 »
Yes, a lot of things were different 42 years ago. 3 REM/qtr, 12 REM/yr. No hard hats, gloves, safety glasses required. Sneakers were OK. No modesty garments. Food allowed in the RCA, Smoking and chewing allowed in the RCA. ALARA? RPS were considered vermin in many places.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #16 on: Apr 24, 2018, 06:38 »
Yes, a lot of things were different 42 years ago. 3 REM/qtr, 12 REM/yr. No hard hats, gloves, safety glasses required. Sneakers were OK. No modesty garments. Food allowed in the RCA, Smoking and chewing allowed in the RCA. ALARA? RPS were considered vermin in many places.
In 44 years I have never seen food, smoking or chewing allowed in an RCA. In 1976 the word (acronym) ALARA had not yet been invented, hard hats, safety glasses and gloves were certainly required everywhere I went and I never saw sneakers in the RCA. Naked people in cowboy boots, yes, but sneakers, no.  But hopefully Palisades changed a lot.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline scotoma

• Heavy User
« Reply #17 on: Apr 24, 2018, 07:59 »
Back in the 70s & 80s lots of places had quirky rules. VY used to have a break area on the 3rd floor of the RB during outages. Smoking was allowed in the stairway of the RB. CY had trailers in the RCA setup as break areas. When I was there, it was 3 mR/hr GA. At Yankee Rowe, you could exit the VC still in your PCs and smoke on the landing. I never actually worked the southern plants, but I have heard stories from several people that they allowed chewing tobacco. Hard hats, safety glasses, and gloves were not required until well into the 80s and sneakers were permitted in many plants. The term ALARA was around in the 70s, but the program was not started until the early 80s.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #18 on: Apr 24, 2018, 08:28 »
Back in the 70s & 80s lots of places had quirky rules. VY used to have a break area on the 3rd floor of the RB during outages. Smoking was allowed in the stairway of the RB. CY had trailers in the RCA setup as break areas. When I was there, it was 3 mR/hr GA. At Yankee Rowe, you could exit the VC still in your PCs and smoke on the landing......

YAEC, VY, CY & MY too,....

I'm seeing a trend,... :-\

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #19 on: Apr 24, 2018, 04:29 »
In 44 years I have never seen food, smoking or chewing allowed in an RCA. In 1976 the word (acronym) ALARA had not yet been invented, hard hats, safety glasses and gloves were certainly required everywhere I went and I never saw sneakers in the RCA. Naked people in cowboy boots, yes, but sneakers, no.  But hopefully Palisades changed a lot.
eye wore sneakers at peach bottom in the 70s n 80s, did knot, get inn two shoe discussions until bout 1982, n it was moor a "leather upper, defined heel" definition than hard tow, safety shoe description.
oconee wood let you smoke n drink water at the s.o.p. while in p.c.s after doffing gloves n frisking hands n face back on the 70s.
never wore a hard hat until the 80s, bawl caps where the cover of choice.
only gloves aye had on inn that millennium was rubber p.c.

butt, eye concur, I never witnessed permitted eating in a r.c.a.
« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2018, 04:31 by SloGlo »
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?