Southern Company

Above Average
6 (60%)
Average
3 (30%)
Below Average
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Southern Company  (Read 13439 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Southern Company
« on: Sep 09, 2007, 01:16 »
Talk about this company.  Don't forget to vote.

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
  • This aggression will not stand, man.
Re: Southern Company
« Reply #1 on: Sep 09, 2007, 02:18 »
Been to Vogtle many years ago, it was good. I can only really speak about Hatch, I was there this past Feb. 07.

The management was great, Jim Dixon runs a very good show and the first line management was great as well as the upgrades. The only complaint's that I would have is the same ole song and dance...the pay is not good. Oh ya, hope you like chicken! ;D
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

number41

« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2008, 07:17 »
Bat Man, what do you mean "not good"?  You talking about traveling techs or house guys?  Were the op's people decent to deal with at either plant?

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
  • This aggression will not stand, man.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2008, 02:19 »
Bat Man, what do you mean "not good"?  You talking about traveling techs or house guys?  Were the op's people decent to deal with at either plant?

Everyone was decent to deal with. The contract techs are paid like ditch diggers (no offense toward ditch diggers).
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

Offline YO!

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2008, 11:49 »
The people are very good to work with. The outage pay isn't very good.

remowil55

« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2008, 04:33 »
The pay for the road tech is a little low for all of Southern Co. but i can put up with a little lower wage if you got house techs that make it a good work place. And the House HP techs at Vogtle and Farley are the best i have worked around, great bunch of guys and gals. Maybe the reason i have worked 17 outages for them. Remo

Offline Contract SRO

• Moderate User
« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2010, 08:03 »
They send me a retirement check every month so I can't talk all bad about them.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?