Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu What if you're not doing SOAC?  

Author Topic: What if you're not doing SOAC?  (Read 3508 times)

millerUSC

What if you're not doing SOAC?
« on: Sep 13, 2007, 10:45 »
What's the most likely shore duty for a submarine JO who decides not to do SOAC and gets out after five years?  I've heard that a lot are doing IA tours.  And if a JO decides to get out after their first tour, do they still have to qualify Engineer before their shore duty?

mlslstephens

Re: What if you're not doing SOAC?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 14, 2007, 06:04 »
What's the most likely shore duty for a submarine JO who decides not to do SOAC and gets out after five years?  I've heard that a lot are doing IA tours.  And if a JO decides to get out after their first tour, do they still have to qualify Engineer before their shore duty?

I've heard you have two choices now...SOAC or IRAQ  ; :o

LDO4CNO

Re: What if you're not doing SOAC?
« Reply #2 on: Sep 14, 2007, 06:36 »
I have seen JO's leave boats without being Engineer qualled.  Typicaly in less than ideal conditions. 

Ditto the comment SOAC or IRAQ.

IMHO you will want to buckle down, qualify Engineer, then leave.  Make the best of your time in Iraq.  It will certianlly give you a different view than the Sub does.  Good Luck

JB

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?