Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Biological Half Life  

Author Topic: Biological Half Life  (Read 6922 times)

wlrun3@aol.com

Biological Half Life
« on: Sep 22, 2007, 11:05 »
   Where would I find a listing of biological half lives? (commercial nuclear power, department of energy, fuel cycle, mining, university, medical, etc.)

I am aware of ICRP Publication 53 and the multi-compartmental methodology. Is there a quick reference source for field use for the common nuclides (Co60/58, Cs137/Sr90, I131, Xe133, Kr85, Pu239/Am241, U238).

« Last Edit: Sep 23, 2007, 03:06 by wlrun3 »

RAD-GHOST

Re: Biological Half Life
« Reply #1 on: Sep 24, 2007, 04:34 »
For the most common.......

http://230nsc1.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/nuclear/biohalf.html#c2

Hope this helps, RG
« Last Edit: Sep 24, 2007, 04:39 by RAD-GHOST »

Cathy

« Reply #2 on: Sep 24, 2007, 05:10 »
Mine is at home so I don't know for sure but I think The Health Physics and Radiological Health Handbook has a table in it. Maybe someone who has theirs handy can take a look.

wlrun3@aol.com

« Reply #3 on: Sep 24, 2007, 10:32 »
For the most common.......

http://230nsc1.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/nuclear/biohalf.html#c2

Hope this helps, RG
Thankyou. Exactly what I was looking for.

Tuszynski and Dix, Biomedical Applications of Introductory Physics, Amazon-new-$6

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?