Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Wackenhut, You're FIRED!

Author Topic: Wackenhut, You're FIRED!  (Read 14647 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Wackenhut, You're FIRED!
« on: Sep 24, 2007, 09:35 »
Exelon Provides Notice to Wackenhut to Terminate Contract at Peach Bottom

DATE:      Monday, Sept. 24, 2007
FROM:     Chris Crane, Executive Vice President, Exelon, and Chief Operating Officer Exelon Generation

Today Exelon Nuclear gave Wackenhut Nuclear Security notice that it will terminate its contract to manage security forces at the Peach Bottom Atomic Power Station. This follows an internal investigation in connection with Wackenhut security officers who were videotaped sleeping or otherwise inattentive in a station ready room.

A broad review of Wackenhut’s security management is underway at all of Exelon Nuclear’s 10 operating nuclear energy sites. Peach Bottom is cooperating with the NRC in the matter and have brought in outside experts to participate in the internal investigation. 

The video images of inattentive security officers were taken in what is known as a “ready room,” or assembly room, a secured location within Peach Bottom where they are allowed to read, study, eat or relax but remain ready to respond to a plant location if called upon. It is used as a break room at certain times. The videos appear to have been taken two to six months ago.

Exelon Nuclear has procedures and guidelines in place to prevent inattentiveness among its security forces, which protect nuclear stations 24 hours a day. Work hours are carefully monitored to prevent fatigue. In addition, officers are regularly rotated among stations and must check in with a supervisor regularly.

Exelon Nuclear has begun transitioning security forces at the plant to a new Exelon-owned security company, which will manage Peach Bottom security.
« Last Edit: Sep 24, 2007, 09:36 by Rennhack »

rlbinc

Re: Wackenhut, You're FIRED!
« Reply #1 on: Sep 25, 2007, 01:46 »
Reminds me of an old joke from years gone by...

"What costs 3 Billion Dollars and sleeps six?"

roadhard

Catching Z's at the Peach
« Reply #2 on: Sep 25, 2007, 04:35 »
I don't know how long this link will last. It ties to the video of a room full of Security Guards at the Peach catching Z's and ends with the C.O.O. of Exelon announcing the termination of Wackenhut's contract.

http://wcbstv.com/local/local_story_267215946.html
« Last Edit: Sep 25, 2007, 04:38 by roadhard »

illegalsmile

« Reply #3 on: Sep 26, 2007, 11:03 »
I like the part about the 'experts' telling them that a 'Nuclear Fire' would kill thousands. That's almost as good as the diagram that shows the Reactor Core in the Turbine Building right under the ready room. Gotta love those 'experts!!'

Offline tntplayer

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #4 on: Sep 27, 2007, 05:56 »
What about the guy that was shooting the video?  I don't think that I would want to work with someone like that.  If he had a concern, there are better ways of handling this than what he did.

This is a case of media sensationalism.  Another blow to the public image of nuclear power.  That's all I have to say.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #5 on: Sep 27, 2007, 11:18 »
i'm guessing dat sign "no cameras..." duzzant apply to security personnel or media hounds.  woodant there be a federal problem for da cameraperson?
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #6 on: Sep 28, 2007, 04:51 »
i'm guessing dat sign "no cameras..." duzzant apply to security personnel or media hounds.  woodant there be a federal problem for da cameraperson?

He was planted there, not working independantly.

illegalsmile

« Reply #7 on: Sep 28, 2007, 11:02 »
He was planted there, not working independantly.
Who was he 'planted' by?

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #8 on: Sep 28, 2007, 02:46 »
Who was he 'planted' by?

This posting leads me to believe that it was part of an investigation:
http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,11803.msg64176.html#msg64176

Draw your own conclusions.

illegalsmile

« Reply #9 on: Sep 29, 2007, 09:05 »
good point. anyone taking pics inside of the plant w/o a camera pass would really be hanging themselves out if they didn't have some hi level 'sponsorship'

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?