Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Individual Augmentees

Author Topic: Individual Augmentees  (Read 9301 times)

poolchamp

Individual Augmentees
« on: Sep 29, 2007, 01:37 »
Has anyone heard of a nuke being selected for the IA program?  This is to include people who requested to go, and people that were just pulled out of a hat.  I am currently SRO qualified on PCU Bush (77) and am looking to go on an IA.  I am sick of this ship, command and deenergized RPCC.  This is my first command, I have been here for just over a year now.  I was in the Marines before coming the nuke program and really miss it, and miss truly serving my country.  We have had a couple of nukes put in request chits to go, but they are getting turned down at the CO's level.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do?

Shaun

(RT edit: spelling)
« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2007, 02:52 by Roll Tide »

JsonD13

Re: Indivudual Augmentees
« Reply #1 on: Sep 29, 2007, 08:41 »
I have never heard of a nuke IA.  We had the Force Master Chief come to our ship a year ago maybe? and he said that an enlisted nuke will not be selected to do an IA (BTW, I'm on the vinson just down the yard a lil ways).  Officers however, are getting pulled after their divo tour like crazy.

Jason

ddklbl

Re: Individual Augmentees
« Reply #2 on: Sep 29, 2007, 08:43 »
Log onto NKO.  Click the Expeditionary Combat Readiness Center link.  You should be able to navigate to a FAQ page:

How do I volunteer? The first step is to formally request permission to volunteer for an IA assignment via your local Chain of Command. You must have command approval in order to volunteer for an IA. You will need to route a special request chit to your Commanding Officer requesting approval. After you have command approval, follow the directions listed on the
NPC Website

If your command says no, then you're not going.

I have seen better luck with nukes getting picked up for Army crossover programs than nukes getting IA'd.  If you go the army warrant route, it is technically a commissioning program.  That would change the rules in your favor.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #3 on: Sep 29, 2007, 02:37 »
Ya if your CO is saying no, your chances are pretty much nil. Unless some dire need for you exists in Iraq, I don't think anyone is going to overturn the skippers decision. You might be able to route a 1306 and transfer to another ship, but that might be tough too since you are initial manning. What I would recommend is working through your chain, talking face to face with each person until you get to the CO and express your concerns. I don't think you will have luck with the IA, but if they see that you want to really do something, they might let you go to another ship.

Justin
« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2007, 02:39 by JustinHEMI05 »

Offline 93-383

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #4 on: Sep 29, 2007, 04:03 »
Currently nukes cannot go IA we are the only rating safe from it. However the word I am hearing is that since IA has now been made part of the detailing process nukes may in the future have the option (or requirement) of IA

Offline DDMurray

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #5 on: Sep 29, 2007, 05:20 »
A nuke from NRMD Groton went on IA.  Your CO doesn't have the final say, NR does.  Sorry to hear you don't like life on the yard.  I did new con on JIMMY CARTER and loved the ship, hated the shipyard.  If you want to get out of the shipyard, request transfer to a deploying ship.  You will be, as you say, "serving your country" at the pointy end of the spear.  Though I've never been on a surface ship, I don't think you'll  see the action you crave in operating the propulsion plant.  There's a reason you got out of the marines and went nuclear power.  If that reason is no longer valid, good luck in your quest.
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
T. Roosevelt

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #6 on: Sep 30, 2007, 12:06 »
A nuke from NRMD Groton went on IA.  Your CO doesn't have the final say, NR does.  Sorry to hear you don't like life on the yard.  I did new con on JIMMY CARTER and loved the ship, hated the shipyard.  If you want to get out of the shipyard, request transfer to a deploying ship.  You will be, as you say, "serving your country" at the pointy end of the spear.  Though I've never been on a surface ship, I don't think you'll  see the action you crave in operating the propulsion plant.  There's a reason you got out of the marines and went nuclear power.  If that reason is no longer valid, good luck in your quest.

Actually, the skipped does have the final say in his people's matters. Of course, his boss can overturn it but it is a rare thing for them to step on the skippers toes.

Justin

poolchamp

« Reply #7 on: Oct 03, 2007, 11:09 »
Well, here is to hoping, I think I will be routing a request chit soon enough.  I think it will be easy enough to collect signatures up to my REA, of coarse having plenty of face time with these individuals makes that a bit easier.  The CO is of coarse a bit trickier in nature.  And it seems when it comes to nukes, NR always has the final say . . .  As for the fellow who went from NRMD, that was the other route I was thinking might have the greatest chance of success, a non-nuke billet.  The reasons I left the Marines to join the nuke program was to procure a better life outside the military when my time is up.  That is/will be accomplished without too much difficulty.  Though, I have regretted leaving the Marines since day 1, especially at the time that I did.  It was mostly at the advice of my Staff Seargent at the time.  He said I would be an idiot not to take this opportunity.  Maybe he was right . . . who knows.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #8 on: Oct 04, 2007, 12:20 »
Well, here is to hoping, I think I will be routing a request chit soon enough.  I think it will be easy enough to collect signatures up to my REA, of coarse having plenty of face time with these individuals makes that a bit easier.  The CO is of coarse a bit trickier in nature.  And it seems when it comes to nukes, NR always has the final say . . .  As for the fellow who went from NRMD, that was the other route I was thinking might have the greatest chance of success, a non-nuke billet.  The reasons I left the Marines to join the nuke program was to procure a better life outside the military when my time is up.  That is/will be accomplished without too much difficulty.  Though, I have regretted leaving the Marines since day 1, especially at the time that I did.  It was mostly at the advice of my Staff Seargent at the time.  He said I would be an idiot not to take this opportunity.  Maybe he was right . . . who knows.

You're right, NR has the final say on whether or not a nuke stays a nuke. But as for going anywhere, thats your skipper... for the most part. NR isn't going to transfer you to another ship if he says no. They don't have a say in that. But if you want to stop being a nuke, thats what they have a say in and... they are going to say no. I will lay 6 to 1 on it. :)

Justin

ender17

« Reply #9 on: Oct 04, 2007, 11:19 »

Somehow, I think I know you.  LOL.  I was going to mention the same thing about the guy we sent IA (Groton NRMD).  Of course, now he's the Navy Poster Boy and is TAD down in Washington DC somewhere. 

Anyway, to the O.P.  Good luck on getting what you want.  I don't see it happening.  Navsea 08 has pretty much stomped his foot down, and no CO in his right mind is going to go against that.  It just isn't a good career move to go against a 4 star admiral when you only wear a couple of birds on the collar.

badger

« Reply #10 on: Oct 20, 2007, 01:37 »
Every guy on the Vinson that has put in for it has been denied to the best of my knowledge.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?