Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu David Boyce honeypot

Author Topic: David Boyce  (Read 14304 times)

Aerosquirl12

David Boyce
« on: Sep 29, 2007, 11:50 »
I hate to be the one to bear the news, but David Boyce passed yesterday 9/28/07. He came to work at North Anna that day (Friday) and fell out before he made it to the office. He had been sick as most of us here have been, but he seemed to be worse than most. We haven't been given the cause yet and Jamie talked to us the following morning before we got off work. I have watched to see if anyone had posted the information, but no one had, I hope this isn't posted before the family has been contacted.
« Last Edit: Oct 01, 2007, 09:11 by Marlin »

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
Re: David Boyce
« Reply #1 on: Sep 30, 2007, 08:35 »
i am truely sorry to hear of dave's passing.  its bin a long time since i saw dave, but he's one you don't forget.  my prayers will be with his family.
« Last Edit: Oct 01, 2007, 08:35 by Nuclear NASCAR »
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline johnnieslingshot

• Moderate User
  • Let's go bowl-diving
« Reply #2 on: Sep 30, 2007, 05:12 »
I was saddened to hear that Dave had passed when I came to work Saturday morning at North Anna.  I have known Dave since his days in the navy.  He was a good man and will be missed.  My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.  Rest in peace Dave.
« Last Edit: Oct 01, 2007, 08:35 by Nuclear NASCAR »

FatMalky

« Reply #3 on: Sep 30, 2007, 09:38 »
Friday was a terrible night here at NA.  Dave will be missed.  He helped me a lot in containment during my first outage here.
« Last Edit: Oct 01, 2007, 09:12 by Rennhack »

Offline nothinbuttrouble

• SR HP TECH
  • Light User
  • I love being a professional babysitter!!!
« Reply #4 on: Sep 30, 2007, 11:42 »
i am sorry to hear about daves passing.  he was was a very kind person and would help anyone that needed help.  i will pray for him and his family.  david was a good friend   and i will miss him. rest in peace
« Last Edit: Oct 01, 2007, 08:36 by Nuclear NASCAR »

Offline galent

• Light User
  • Somebody toss me a crumb, will ya?
« Reply #5 on: Oct 01, 2007, 04:48 »
Haven't worked with Dave since Beaver Valley in 1984 although I'd hear of him from time to time. Sorry to hear of his passing.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #6 on: Oct 01, 2007, 05:57 »
I worked with Dave several years ago at Calvert Cliffs. He was truly a one-of-a-kind character in the industry. It is always sad to hear of another long-time HP passing away. My sympathies to his family.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

wlrun3@aol.com

« Reply #7 on: Oct 01, 2007, 11:50 »

Mr. Boyce was a recognized authority on Winston Churchill.

From the second volume, Their Finest Hour, of Churchill's six volume Second World War, his favorite quote, "Never have so many owed so much to so few".

Mr. Boyce was truly a diamond in the rough.

« Last Edit: Oct 02, 2007, 12:13 by wlrun3 »

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
« Reply #8 on: Oct 02, 2007, 05:58 »
I haven't worked with Dave in many years but I am deeply saddened by his passing. :( My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

May God hold you in the palm of his hand Dave, rest in peace.
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

RADBASTARD

« Reply #9 on: Oct 02, 2007, 04:45 »
I'm sadden to hear Dave  a true legend in nuclear power has passed away.
He was one of a kind as anyone who worked with him will atest,he was one for the books and will be missed.
I worked with him at calvert and millstone.He was a very nice man.It is a true shame that we have lost so many of our brothers and sisters latley.
Our prayers go out to him and his family.

Aerosquirl

« Reply #10 on: Oct 07, 2007, 12:10 »
It was a quiet night at NA that night. Not to many people spoke, we were all just so shocked. I keep going to the control point expecting him to be there. He will be missed. He was a very knowledgeable man. He must have been a real curious person to delve into so much information and then retain it.

Offline Simple Country HP

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #11 on: Oct 10, 2007, 09:59 »
I first met Dave Boyce at North Anna and worked two outages with him there. I then worked elsewhere and discovered what a legend he was in this business.

Dave was a gentleman and one of the real characters I have met. He was a pleasure to work with -- always did excellent work and supported his fellow workers. You could also have an interesting discussion with him during your breaks.

I didn't go to North Anna this outage and am working at Sequoyah. I and those people at Sequoyah who knew him were really saddened to hear about Dave.  :(

Go softly Dave. May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you left.  :)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?