Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu are there jobs for experienced firefighter/emts in nuclear plants?
honeypot

Author Topic: are there jobs for experienced firefighter/emts in nuclear plants?  (Read 20911 times)

firebug

I was told that there might be jobs in nuclear plants, for experienced firefighter/emts. Any info on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Evilpixie

I think it depends on the plant and how far it is from emergency services.  I'm out at Diablo Canyon and we have our own firefighters and a medical facility... I assume it's because we're way out of town.

Is there any particular region you wanted information about?  Are you looking for a job?

firebug

Thanks for responding evil. I am Looking for something in the south east (like TVA) and yes I am looking to change jobs, with two small kids I'm forced to stop serving the public and serve myself with a little more income. Thanks again for responding.
« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2007, 06:11 by Marlin »

Offline Carolina Jethro

• Safety Manager
  • Heavy User
  • Why not us?
You might want to check some DOE sites... they are usually large and have their own EMT's and fire fighters. I know Savannah River Site does and I think Oak Ridge does also. Good Luck!

Offline Limited Quanity

• Moderate User
  • Don't worry about the mule just load the wagon!
Thanks for responding evil. I am Looking for something in the south east (like TVA) and yes I am looking to change jobs, with two small kids I'm forced to stop serving the public and serve myself with a little more income. Thanks again for responding.

TVA is in the process of "slowly" phasing out the Fire Ops department moving those duties back to the crafts (maintenance) and Operations.  Ops was always involved but their roles will surely increase when the change is made.  But as always with TVA, you never know what they'll do, and tomorrow is another day.  You never know till you try!
I used to be a lifeguard until some blue kid got me fired.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?