Career Path > NRC

are there jobs for experienced firefighter/emts in nuclear plants?

(1/1)

firebug:
 I was told that there might be jobs in nuclear plants, for experienced firefighter/emts. Any info on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Evilpixie:
I think it depends on the plant and how far it is from emergency services.  I'm out at Diablo Canyon and we have our own firefighters and a medical facility... I assume it's because we're way out of town.

Is there any particular region you wanted information about?  Are you looking for a job?

firebug:
Thanks for responding evil. I am Looking for something in the south east (like TVA) and yes I am looking to change jobs, with two small kids I'm forced to stop serving the public and serve myself with a little more income. Thanks again for responding.

Carolina Jethro:
You might want to check some DOE sites... they are usually large and have their own EMT's and fire fighters. I know Savannah River Site does and I think Oak Ridge does also. Good Luck!

Limited Quanity:

--- Quote from: firebug on Oct 05, 2007, 06:05 ---Thanks for responding evil. I am Looking for something in the south east (like TVA) and yes I am looking to change jobs, with two small kids I'm forced to stop serving the public and serve myself with a little more income. Thanks again for responding.

--- End quote ---

TVA is in the process of "slowly" phasing out the Fire Ops department moving those duties back to the crafts (maintenance) and Operations.  Ops was always involved but their roles will surely increase when the change is made.  But as always with TVA, you never know what they'll do, and tomorrow is another day.  You never know till you try!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version