Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Craft Wages for Outages  

Author Topic: Craft Wages for Outages  (Read 8741 times)

lifttech

Craft Wages for Outages
« on: Feb 08, 2008, 10:44 »
What kind or wages for are being offered for the various crafts on outages now days?

Pipefitter?
Boilermaker?
Rigger?
Crane Operator?

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
Re: Craft Wages for Outages
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2008, 03:58 »
It really depends on a lot of variables.

Geography is the biggest.  Jobs that pay $25 in the south, pay $35 in Illinois.

It also depends on whether the craft is union or not.

And, I haven't seen the title "rigger" anywhere outside a shipyard.  Basically all mechanical crafts are expected to be qualified to rig their own loads - though some are better at it than others.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

shovelheadred

Re: Craft Wages for Outages
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2008, 08:43 »
...The best rigging performance I have ever been associated with, comes from union Millwrights...the difference in a rigger and a Millwright is a millwright will use a chainfall and balance the load.. and almost always includes a level,..some jobs I have worked with APM, included pulling the rotor out of the stator, on the generator end of the turbine, with less than an inch of clearance all the way around..and the rotor weighed 210 tons. and usually the rotors had to be turned due to the turbine building wall being constructed too close to the generator end of the turbine...this wasn't done by unskilled labor..union labor did this..and are well paid..and should be..

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?