Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NPS recent grads about to go to prototype...

Author Topic: NPS recent grads about to go to prototype...  (Read 7401 times)

wolfy659

NPS recent grads about to go to prototype...
« on: Oct 20, 2007, 06:00 »
ET3 here, 0702. Up in Ballston Spa @ MARF. So I'm really curious to see those of you that are just recently graduated or are about to roughly what the class split for prototype was between NY & SC. Are you all staying in Charleston? Most? I ask since I'll have to extend my lease since our class has been delayed a few weeks @ least up here, and my landlord really depends on keeping the place relatively continuously occupied (he's treated us real well and its a good, cheap place). Plus, I've got my own curiosity, since we're all being kept in the dark up here too (0701 was supposed to grad a month ago, and they're still here, some with watches still to stand).

For those of you who would understand, going into week 21, just stood my first watch...it's ridiculous, and were supposed to take 100% exam this week.

Offline flamatrix99

• Moderate User
  • I really dig you Sir...
Re: NPS recent grads about to go to prototype...
« Reply #1 on: Oct 21, 2007, 11:01 »
ET3 here, 0702. Up in Ballston Spa @ MARF.

WOW.. and here I was in class 8707 @ S8G.  Back then MARF didnt have rods.

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #2 on: Oct 23, 2007, 11:21 »
Yes, us 0701 guys are still alive and kicking at MARF... -.-

WEEK 32 baby :)

Rad Sponge

« Reply #3 on: Oct 23, 2007, 12:16 »
Yes, us 0701 guys are still alive and kicking at MARF... -.-

WEEK 32 baby :)

Could be worse, could be Day 100 of a deployment and you just got done ORSE/Pre-TRE/DNSI and you still have middie Ops to look forward too, shippy!

Now go outside and enjoy it.

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #4 on: Oct 23, 2007, 02:01 »
Could be worse, could be Day 100 of a deployment and you just got done ORSE/Pre-TRE/DNSI and you still have middie Ops to look forward too, shippy!

Now go outside and enjoy it.

haha :) grass is always greener. Id kill to be in that situation right now :)

Kev3399

« Reply #5 on: Oct 24, 2007, 05:14 »
haha :) grass is always greener. Id kill to be in that situation right now :)

Be careful on what you wish for. I would enjoy the time you have right now. Not that there is anything wrong with being underway and overworked. I enjoyed it 95% of the time after I was qualified and had some responsibility. I was in RC Division though, some would argue whether we were ever "overworked".  :)

Offline deltarho

• An EOOW asked during his S/Y steam plant testing pre-watch tour, "Shouldn't those scram breakers be open?" K-thunk, K-thunk. "Uh-oh!"
  • Heavy User
  • I make alpha particle "direct delivery" systems.
« Reply #6 on: Oct 24, 2007, 08:12 »
I was in RC Division though, some would argue whether we were ever "overworked".  :)

No, I don't think anyone would argue a moot point...  However, I did put on a poopy suit once a month to do space inspections.  I would lay all under the throttle panel and such in the EOS with a 4 D-cell Maglight looking for ghost turds and accumulation on the piping/wiring to gages/meters.  This, of course, in front of the EOOW (always when my Divo was there and RO (my RO)).  So, they knew that when I was to inspect the outer spaces assigned to us, e.g., Aux Room, they knew I was going to do the same and eventually the little Tweaker Turners beat me to the punch and had everything to expectations, and the Divo never bothered.

Just as an aside, the RL Division Chief told me that he would tell his guys at quarters, "You all know when you need haircuts and a clean uniform, unless you want me to bring Senior Chief over as a courtesy inspector (pointing to me as I have "my way" with my division), I suggest I don't see any Joe $hit the Ragman types at my formation."  RL division was always looking spiffy.  Now, there's a group that out "never overworked" us ETs by an exponential value.

Ex-3393
The above has nothing to do with any real  or imagined person(s).  Moreover, any referenced biped(s) simulating real or imagined persons--with a pulse or not--is coincidental, as far as you know.

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #7 on: Oct 24, 2007, 11:38 »
Be careful on what you wish for. I would enjoy the time you have right now. Not that there is anything wrong with being underway and overworked. I enjoyed it 95% of the time after I was qualified and had some responsibility. I was in RC Division though, some would argue whether we were ever "overworked".  :)

Us valve warriors get a special satisfaction that the RO's never get :)....

...Ok thats a load of bull, but hey, I plan on enjoying my job! :-D Im just ancy to finally get out of this place! 2 years in training is kind of annoying. (especially when most people are done in 18 months. Thats with boot camp)

Rad Sponge

« Reply #8 on: Oct 25, 2007, 12:34 »

...Ok thats a load of bull, but hey, I plan on enjoying my job! :-D Im just ancy to finally get out of this place! 2 years in training is kind of annoying. (especially when most people are done in 18 months. Thats with boot camp)

Good luck, but what have you been doing with the extra time before you ship? Have you been doing anything worthwhile?

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #9 on: Oct 25, 2007, 01:31 »

I planned on enjoying my job too. Other people had other plans for me though. Good luck with that.

Justin
« Last Edit: Oct 25, 2007, 01:32 by JustinHEMI05 »

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #10 on: Nov 02, 2007, 12:53 »

Good luck, but what have you been doing with the extra time before you ship? Have you been doing anything worthwhile?

sorry, but 300 hour work months kinda sap up any free time we have   ::)

Hemi - dont demotivate me yet! :-D

ISOCS

« Reply #11 on: Nov 02, 2007, 08:01 »
Class of 7602 here. Don't waste griping time until you do a couple of 90 day northern runs. ISOCS

Rad Sponge

« Reply #12 on: Nov 02, 2007, 08:21 »
Class of 7602 here. Don't waste griping time until you do a couple of 90 day northern runs. ISOCS

What he said.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?