Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu EEI TECH honeypot

Author Topic: EEI TECH  (Read 12651 times)

spcmcb88m

EEI TECH
« on: Oct 22, 2007, 01:54 »
Hi,
 I was wondering if anyone can give me any clue as to how hard the EEI tech test is. I don't have any college background and I'm looking at an entry level position in the industry which requires you to take the tech test. From what I've seen from the practice test, it seems like its mostly about basic math, reading, and following the directions. Am I in the ballpark or am I wrong?

Thanks  :)

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
Re: EEI TECH
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22, 2007, 04:10 »
I presume you mean the Edison Electric Institute Test (POSS is another term popular for it) to allow you to enter a training program? It is as challenging to get a good (passing) grade as the military entrance exam (ASVAB). There are plenty of ASVAB study guides around, so it would be a good thing to study.

Don't let things like which direction will the 3rd pulley move throw you. Look at all the sections.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

thecainman

« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2008, 05:05 »
I am also preparing for the EEI test. I have been working the practice test on their website, but i'm concerned thats not enough because so many people talk as if the "Real" test is nothing like the practice test. Is there much difference? Some people say theres a lot of math, the sample test only has conversions,  tables and graphs. Am i missing out on something? Is there more parts to the "Real" test than the practice test.

Offline shehane

• Moderate User
  • You never know, do you?
« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 2008, 08:04 »
There are actually 3 tests.  POSS, MASS and TECH.  The POSS and MASS are normally given at the same time but cover many employment areas(ops and maintenance stuff).  The TECH test mainly focuses on the technical positions (hp and chem).  I have taken all of the several times for several different companies while job hunting.  They are all the same as the ASVABs if you have taken them.  You don't need any specialized training to pass them, just a clear head.  I you don't make them harder then they really are you can do fine.  TVA gives an added math test with the TECH test but that has been the only variation between the different companies that I have taken them for. 
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be! Dirk Gently

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?