Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Need help with marketing material honeypot

Author Topic: Need help with marketing material  (Read 28646 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Need help with marketing material
« on: Oct 31, 2007, 08:28 »
I have developed 2 marketing tools That I would like my peer group to evaluate

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Re: Need help with marketing material
« Reply #2 on: Oct 31, 2007, 10:55 »
Anyways, here are the two items I was refering to.

http://www.nukeworker.com/job/pdfs/testimonials.pdf

http://www.nukeworker.com/job/pdfs/NukeWorker_Media_Kit.pdf

Excellent very nice formats. I would go easy on the third person reference to yourself in the Bio.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #3 on: Oct 31, 2007, 11:51 »
I was very impressed with the media kit and only a couple things bothered me; the first was the size of the logo on the front page, I felt that maybe smaller would be more professional.

I also felt that you didn't need the logo as a background and at the bottom of everypage as it was distracting at times. The statistics were easy to read and understand.

The other item was the length of your bio, although quite impressive it could be pared down a bit as the focus is selling nukeworker. Great photo by the way.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #4 on: Nov 01, 2007, 12:13 »
I was very impressed with the media kit and only a couple things bothered me; the first was the size of the logo on the front page, I felt that maybe smaller would be more professional.

I also felt that you didn't need the logo as a background and at the bottom of everypage as it was distracting at times. The statistics were easy to read and understand.

The other item was the length of your bio, although quite impressive it could be pared down a bit as the focus is selling nukeworker. Great photo by the way.

Thank you for the feedback, that is exactly what I am looking for.  I agree with you, and will work on those items.

Offline Phurst

• NRRPT-HPT
  • Very Heavy User
  • One in a row!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 01, 2007, 01:34 »
Bartlett's banner has us as Nukeworker.con not com. GE's banner I would elete Monster.com and replace it with 'other recuiting websites.' Same with NPPD. Last page at the bottom.- need more space between the Nukeworker logo and Tradewinds Research.

Media kit. A period after the first Nukeworker.com in your bio. At the beginning of the sentance 'Performed duties, you need a subject for a complete sentence. He has.....
Second paragraph first sentence...delete. Concentrate on who you are, not what you can be. It is too much like a resume and reduces your expertise to almost begging.

Need to better formatt list of clients and types of resumes.
Course title - Basic and Advanced exceptone says OSHA,. Can you fix that?

Need a final statement such as 'for further info contact' or ' We strive to continue to be the leader in the Nucear Field for .....'

Nice job overall. Wouldn't be bad as is. You are the man. and after reading all the figures, do I still need to send in my Gold membership? Yes, I know, I do. 
Today is the best day of my life! HSIITBS!

'For the quality of owning freezes you forever into "I" and cuts you off forever from the "we". - Steinbeck

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 01, 2007, 01:37 »
Bio's ARE third person.  You are talking about a person, not yourself.

I'm not criticizing the use of third party just the volume and repetition. Perhaps break up the Michael's with CEO  or "as CEO or as President". It’s a readability thing.

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
« Reply #7 on: Nov 01, 2007, 06:28 »
the first was the size of the logo on the front page, I felt that maybe smaller would be more professional.

I also felt that you didn't need the logo as a background and at the bottom of everypage as it was distracting at times.

I concur with Camella's comments ;D

Bartlett's banner has us as Nukeworker.con not com. GE's banner I would elete Monster.com and replace it with 'other recuiting websites.' Same with NPPD. Last page at the bottom.- need more space between the Nukeworker logo and Tradewinds Research.

Media kit. A period after the first Nukeworker.com in your bio. At the beginning of the sentance 'Performed duties, you need a subject for a complete sentence. He has.....
Second paragraph first sentence...delete. Concentrate on who you are, not what you can be. It is too much like a resume and reduces your expertise to almost begging.

Need a final statement such as 'for further info contact' or ' We strive to continue to be the leader in the Nucear Field for .....'

Nice job overall. Wouldn't be bad as is. You are the man.

Phurst picked up the things I noticed and would change the items listed.

Great Job as usual Mike
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #8 on: Nov 01, 2007, 07:19 »

Nice job overall. Wouldn't be bad as is. You are the man. and after reading all the figures, do I still need to send in my Gold membership? Yes, I know, I do. 

Wow, thanks for all the catches.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #9 on: Nov 01, 2007, 08:25 »
Just got to read them and they look great (with the above comments being noted).

I would also add that you have too many different formats for your lists... some are lists, some are tables, some tables have lines, some don't, some lines are evenly spaced some aren't... good information, just needs some consistency.

I would be happy to proofread the final copy (although Phurst beat me to it this time and did a good job) if you would like. As for the logo, I like the size of the logo at the bottom but agree that the background logo is not necessary, particularly since the charts are not transparent and block most of it out on several pages. I think you should make the charts transparent or eliminate the background logo.

But, overall terrific work and a great idea.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #10 on: Nov 01, 2007, 12:28 »
MGP Instruments Testimonial should be "were" vice "where from Nukeworker".

Excellent work!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #11 on: Nov 01, 2007, 12:41 »
On the media kit, I think you should consider a different format for Table # (resumes in our database). It didn't seem as smooth as the rest (besides the noted by others lines vs. no-lines in some tables). It also seems to have the top line duplicating the bottom line of the previous page.

And if I may say so myself (as I have in the past), I think you have a great team of Moderators / Sr. Moderators helping with the program. Perhaps you should mention this talented group of cat-wranglers with such varied experience in the nuclear community; it makes the site much less scary than it could be. (You could request a mini-bio from each of us if you want more detail.)
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #12 on: Nov 01, 2007, 01:06 »
Ahh, ok.

OK let's put it another way, you normally would use a thesaurus to avoid repeating some words to keep interest in your composition, look at it from a readers perspective (that is who you are writing it for). They know that you are Michael, use other third person identifiers to break up repetition of use and reinforce all of the roles you have in development, maintenance, and management of the site. Think about satirical comedy routines that repeatedly use a third person reference to lampoon their target, you probably do not want that image in the readers mind.

"That's just my opinion, I could be wrong"  D.M.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #13 on: Nov 01, 2007, 07:38 »
The degree & experience statistics:
 3/5 NukeWorker candidates have a degree & over five years of experience
 1/4 Have more than twenty years
 4/5 Candidates also possess a security clearance
The top resume categories in our resume database are:
 32% Engineers and Designers
 31% Health Physics
 15% Operations
 13% Management

this was the onliest thing that jumped out at me that wasn't brought up (iffen it was, i apologize) but with all the geek heads that nukeworker.com is targeted, i'd change the fractions to percentages..... maybe change both to decimals?   outside of that it looks pretty good.  yinz gonna post the next version 'n let us pick on it too?
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #14 on: Nov 01, 2007, 09:29 »
yinz gonna post the next version 'n let us pick on it too?

You guys are awsome.  Honestly.  I have given these to other 'peers' to check for me, and I get 'nice job'.  Well, 'nice job' isn't what I'm looking for.  The feedback noted above in all the posts IS what I'm lookign for.  I want you all to know how much I appreciate the help.

And YES, The next revision will be posted for everyone to help make better.

About the Moderator Bios, I would Like a Bio from those that would like to give one.  It will go on a seperate page than that one, as the media kit is only suposed to have the executives.  However, I'll create a special page that goes in the same location that has the Staff Biographys.

Good ideas, all of them, please keep them comming. -- They won't be an update for a while because this outage is killing me.  Expect something after turkey day.

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #15 on: Nov 02, 2007, 06:55 »

About the Moderator Bios, I would Like a Bio from those that would like to give one.  It will go on a seperate page than that one, as the media kit is only suposed to have the executives. 

I will set up a thread so Moderators can post a Bio (on the Moderator pages, of course).

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #16 on: Nov 10, 2007, 07:28 »
I would also add that you have too many different formats for your lists... some are lists, some are tables, some tables have lines, some don't, some lines are evenly spaced some aren't... good information, just needs some consistency.
Most of that is your screen shrinking the PDF to fit.  If you print it out, all the lines will display properly.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #17 on: Nov 10, 2007, 07:34 »
Attached is the latest version, tell me what you think:

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #18 on: Nov 10, 2007, 08:02 »
Latest testimonials

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #19 on: Nov 10, 2007, 09:49 »
The testimonials are impressive. Who's left to market to?  :)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #20 on: Nov 10, 2007, 11:41 »
The testimonials are impressive. Who's left to market to?  :)

You know, that is a very insightful question.  The short list is:

AEP
DTE
Duke
FirstEnergy
NRG Energy
PPL
Wolf Creek
Xcel Energy

However, I should do a better job of getting the following companies to post more jobs:

Duke
FirstEnergy
NRG Energy
Nuclear Management Co
PPL
Southern Co.
Tennessee Valley Authority

Among others.  But for Power Plant operators, thats the list.  I guess now that I have identified what needs to be done...I should do it, eh?

Also, while cross-refenencing the lists, and featured advertisers, etc.  I see that some of our clients are not on the list of clients in the info kit. -- More work...
« Last Edit: Nov 10, 2007, 11:42 by Rennhack »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?