Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Sub pay question

Author Topic: Sub pay question  (Read 7418 times)

Offline bbksv

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Sub pay question
« on: Nov 06, 2007, 12:21 »
I am an Officer Candidate currently going to Illinois Tech and looking to get picked up for Sub/Nuke...and I was looking at sub pay and wanted to make sure...it does go by years of service and not years of sub service correct? I was a conventional ETC before getting picked up for STA-21 and I will have about 12 years in when I get my commission...and it looks like I would get sub pay for 12 years O-1...right??

emnuke

Re: Sub pay question
« Reply #1 on: Nov 06, 2007, 01:09 »
That's correctamundo. Sub pay goes by years of accrued service, whereas sea pay goes by years of sea duty only

ddklbl

« Reply #2 on: Nov 06, 2007, 01:27 »
It's been a while, but SubPay isn't awarded until you are assigned to a boat retroactive to the day you started "advanced training" required for the submarine service.  So, the day you get orders to a boat you'll get paid back to NPS.

jra79

« Reply #3 on: Nov 07, 2007, 01:46 »
Your sub pay should begin the day that you start NPS.

Offline bbksv

• Light User
« Reply #4 on: Nov 13, 2007, 04:06 »
Thanks for the info guys  :) We will see soon enough if I get in..I have my interviews on Feb 5th...wish me luck

Kev3399

« Reply #5 on: Nov 13, 2007, 10:37 »
We will see soon enough if I get in..I have my interviews on Feb 5th...wish me luck

Don't worry. I think the only way ADM Donald will say no to you is if you forget your uniform and show up to his office wearing flip flops and declare that you're ready to split atoms.  :)

Just kidding, best of luck. Considering your leadership experience from the enlisted ranks, you shouldn't have a problem. Just be ready to explain any sub par grades from college. He is a 4 star Admiral, he has perfected the art of bulls%$#. Don't BS him. I was an ETC and obviously never went thru this process. However, I've had many conversations with Officer students at NPTU about the interview. It was always the same stuff.....Questions about your transcript......Why this, why that.

If you have any questions about the training pipeline, message me. I just finished an instructor tour at the Charleston Prototype where I was an Enlisted EOOW.

ddklbl

« Reply #6 on: Nov 14, 2007, 07:57 »
Just be ready to explain any sub par grades from college. He is a 4 star Admiral, he has perfected the art of bulls%$#. Don't BS him.

Who scribbled in the margin of his transcript?  What is that?  A frowny face on his Calculus grade?

Kev3399

« Reply #7 on: Nov 14, 2007, 09:41 »
Thanks for the reminder ddklbl, I showed that to you right?

So there I was going thru an Officer student training record. I don't recall the exact reason. I see his NR interview sheet signed by the man himself and on top of that is his college transcript. There was a huge  :( next to his C- in Calculus or Physics. Can't remember the exact course. After comparing the signature with the frown face, I came to the conclusion that the same pen was used to make the frown face. I asked the student how his interview went......He sort of looked at the floor in shame and said the Admiral tore him apart on his college grades. Sometimes NPTU wasn't bad.

bbksv, I got your message I'll reply soon.

Offline bbksv

• Light User
« Reply #8 on: Nov 14, 2007, 10:03 »
I got A's in all my calc and physics classes...so that shouldnt be a problem...but I have gotten a few C's in some Computer Science classes....hard to be motivated about programming when you know you will NEVER even use the degree....

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #9 on: Nov 14, 2007, 12:43 »
hard to be motivated about programming when you know you will NEVER even use the degree....

That is an attitude you don't want to share with NR. How about, "I don't have the same passion for those classes."

If you won't study for a class that you think you won't need (and tell that to NR), you will be in line for a motivational adjustment prior to NPS.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline bbksv

• Light User
« Reply #10 on: Nov 14, 2007, 01:48 »
Well...to tell you the truth...because I didn't need the classes I put a lot more time into mentoring and leading midshipman...so its not like I was just goofing off...besides....Ive done enough boards in my time...so I know not to say anything that stupid....lol  :D

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #11 on: Nov 14, 2007, 06:21 »
Well...to tell you the truth...because I didn't need the classes I put a lot more time into mentoring and leading midshipman...so its not like I was just goofing off...besides....Ive done enough boards in my time...so I know not to say anything that stupid....lol  :D

Just wait.

Justin

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?