Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NPS (officer) convene dates?

Author Topic: NPS (officer) convene dates?  (Read 3700 times)

Offline bbksv

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
NPS (officer) convene dates?
« on: Nov 13, 2007, 03:41 »
So I just got my package screened for sub-nuke and have my interviews in Feb. I was wondering if anyone had a list of the convene dates for NPS in the spring (I graduate in May). I dont have access to cantrac anymore to look myself because Im in the STA-21 program now and dont have CAC access...
« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2007, 03:44 by bbksv »

Offline North Star

• Very Lite User
  • We Are Marquette
Re: NPS (officer) convene dates?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17, 2007, 11:56 »
This is a link to PERS-42 that has the startup dates from 0601-0804 to give you an idea of the pattern.  Unfortunately it doesn't go through summer '08, but it looks as if you'd be going late May (0805) or late June (0806).  If you're doing preschool, they wouldn't start you any sooner than 0806, probably 0807.  I graduated in June and they had me start preschool for 0707 (mid August this year).

http://www.npc.navy.mil/NR/rdonlyres/213F2DF9-7CC2-431C-8281-0ADBF22058C9/0/ClassPipelineSchedule.doc
"Rank among Junior Officers is like virtue among whores." -My Shift Engineer

Offline bbksv

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #2 on: Nov 17, 2007, 12:20 »
Cool...thanks alot for the info. It looks like they pretty much class up the pre-school every 2 months so Im guessing it would be in June....and I would think with a computer information systems degree with only calc 1/2 and physics 1/2 they would send me to pre..

Hey....Im gonna pm ya on your thoughts of school so far....

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2007, 09:04 »
I was the Officer EE Division Director for 2 years (2004-2006).  In order to level load the school (i.e. keep all classes at no more then three sections), some guys are being sent to sub school first, prior to nuke school.  So, convening date could be in Groton vice Charleston!!
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?