Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Old Rad Services Techs

Author Topic: Old Rad Services Techs  (Read 46918 times)

Offline Phurst

• NRRPT-HPT
  • Very Heavy User
  • One in a row!
Old Rad Services Techs
« on: Nov 15, 2007, 01:37 »
Cleaning up the other day, I came across an old issue of the Rad Services Monitor, Fall 1982. The following are included in the issue with photos. I can scan and send you a copy if interested.
Phil Gianutsos
Carmen Vergari
Tom Murdy

Oconee Softball Team
Bubba LeMacks
Mike Boyle
Gary Edwards
John Mojica
Mike Weatherly
Eddir Garris
Bob Sasson
Glenn Parkhurst
Melvin Smith
Jim Evans
Steve Sund

David Besse Team
Jim Feckley
Jim Bridgeman
Louise Lund
Jesse Marshall
B.J. Johnson
Dale Chapman
Jack Horn
Manny Irwin
Tom LeMacks
Sue Webb
Denny Hampton
Burns Elks
Tome Vogie
Tom Renwick

Harry pope cleaning respirators
Cindy Coursey dressed out
Kathy Hampton and Tom LeMacks drinking

More drinking at Hatch
Don Hayes
Dale Everett
Doug Coen
Linda Day
Paul Praria
Lou Clement

Cooking
Robert Godsey
Austin Lewis

Cavity Decon
Jim Gemza
Kevin Brow
Sam Moyers

There is also a list of techs that joined Rad in 1974, 1975, 1976 and 1977, a list of techs married 1982, Anniverseries, and babies born. There is also a memorial to Bill Coyle and George Oaks.

What memories! Now if I could only forget.

PM me if you want a copy.
Today is the best day of my life! HSIITBS!

'For the quality of owning freezes you forever into "I" and cuts you off forever from the "we". - Steinbeck

ISOCS

Re: Old Rad Services Techs
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15, 2007, 11:52 »
I still have an old VHS tape with all the Rad Services softball footage from Oconee (1982 and 1983). Zeke and Bubba did all the taping. Melvin was angry that Zeke gave it to me instead of him. Ha.
ISOCS

Offline Phurst

• NRRPT-HPT
  • Very Heavy User
  • One in a row!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 15, 2007, 11:55 »
Love to see the tape. I was the WORST player on the team. But it was fun! I scanned it into a pdf and it's on its way to those who requested it. Takes me way back to when I was actuall young(er)

'For the quality of owning freezes you forever into "I" and cuts you off forever from the "we". - Steinbeck

ISOCS

« Reply #3 on: Nov 16, 2007, 10:07 »
I got the pdf! It sure brings back the memories. I'll work on getting the tape converted to CD this weekend and send it to anyone who wants a copy and a look into the past. I still have my RAD Services hat and jersey.

Offline xobxdoc

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #4 on: Nov 16, 2007, 10:10 »
I still have my RAD ID card.

Offline TENN-1

• Moderate User
  • Finished the 5 year plan in only 34!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 17, 2007, 12:04 »
 I still have my RAD hat and gym bag, the dark blue and yellow one with the rad,rad,rad,rad strap. Very cool.
Things come to those who wait, but usually it's stuff left over from those who hustle!

shovelheadred

« Reply #6 on: Nov 18, 2007, 07:36 »
...Thanks Phurst,,,,,,I had an old RAD hat...took the logo off put it on a shirt....wear it regularly,,,you can tell the old school guys, they compliment on it...young guys are still looking for rental cars....remember the Lincoln's at Oconee...

Offline Phurst

• NRRPT-HPT
  • Very Heavy User
  • One in a row!
« Reply #7 on: Nov 20, 2007, 01:19 »
...Thanks Phurst,,,,,,I had an old RAD hat...took the logo off put it on a shirt....wear it regularly,,,you can tell the old school guys, they compliment on it...young guys are still looking for rental cars....remember the Lincoln's at Oconee...

I started with Numanco in '79. The guys that drove the rentals were the 'Airborne'. Still, '79 was on the downside of the rent-a-tech business. Some few months later, Chuck quit the rentals, RAD pulled back a little and soon it was all over. I guess once FFD got put into place, rentals could have come back. In fact- the co. I work with now provides rentals although they are starting to turn the screws on those. I may have an old RAD hat somewhere and I am hoping an old 'Little nukie never hurt' tee-shirt with Indian Point in the armpit. I suppose I wore it out.

ISOCS

« Reply #8 on: Nov 21, 2007, 09:32 »
The t shirt with Indian Point in the arm pit was "migrant nuclear worker" made by celletti.
ISOCS

ISOCS

« Reply #9 on: Nov 26, 2007, 10:58 »
Just to let everyone know that I have sent off the original VHS of the RAD Services softball team at Oconee in 1982 and 1983 for conversion to a DVD. It also has footage of softball activities at San Onofre in 1984. If anyone would like a copy send me an email with you'
re real email and I'll send my address. ISOCS (RRS)

Pat Adams

« Reply #10 on: Nov 30, 2007, 04:43 »
Greetings,
I was at Oconee in 82 and would enjoy the pictures and the DVD. I'm new to the web site and the last time I put a name and address my message was pulled.  Please advise.
Pat

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
« Reply #11 on: Nov 30, 2007, 07:19 »
Greetings,
I was at Oconee in 82 and would enjoy the pictures and the DVD. I'm new to the web site and the last time I put a name and address my message was pulled.  Please advise.
Pat

Pat,

Welcome to NukeWorker, and to answer your question I would advise you send a PM to ISOCS and give him your e-mail address, home address or whatever. I know he will help you out.

Just to let everyone know that I have sent off the original VHS of the RAD Services softball team at Oconee in 1982 and 1983 for conversion to a DVD. It also has footage of softball activities at San Onofre in 1984. If anyone would like a copy send me an email with you'
re real email and I'll send my address. ISOCS (RRS)

Again Welcome to NukeWorker...hey!, think about becoming a Gold Member during the current membership drive, well worth the couple of bucks. 8)
« Last Edit: Nov 30, 2007, 12:30 by PWHoppe »
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Radiological Ergonomist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Banned fromLinkedIn. Now on Twitter @PSloglo
« Reply #12 on: Oct 19, 2008, 09:15 »
Well, I can't find my lighters, my pens are all used up, I spent the per diem, and I never got any clothing.  I did get this hat recently.  It came to me from an operator on a recent site who had known an old friend of mine from back in the day, Terry Spohn.  Now I have something from the beginning to the current.
A REM is a REM is a REM
Yea, though I walk through the boundaries of containment, I shall fear no dose, for my meters are with me.  My counters, air sample filters, and smears, they comfort me.

ISOCS

« Reply #13 on: Oct 21, 2008, 07:51 »
I think it's Terry Spahn and worked with him in '81 and '86 at BV. You were there I think in '81 but I was the rookie. I think Terry is deceased in the fallen section.

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Radiological Ergonomist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Banned fromLinkedIn. Now on Twitter @PSloglo
« Reply #14 on: Oct 21, 2008, 08:34 »
ISOCS,  I'm not trying to nit pick, but it's Spohn.  T. M. Spohn, but it will cost you money to find out what the M. stood for.  I knew Terry well, we were buds before we were HPs. 
A REM is a REM is a REM
Yea, though I walk through the boundaries of containment, I shall fear no dose, for my meters are with me.  My counters, air sample filters, and smears, they comfort me.

ISOCS

« Reply #15 on: Oct 22, 2008, 06:53 »
Okay Pete, you win. You're more sure than I am. Were you guys part of the "Apollo Connection"?

Offline xobxdoc

• Moderate User
« Reply #16 on: Oct 22, 2008, 09:46 »
I had some old pictures from a gathering of nightshift techs at an after hours saloon during an outage at BV in 88. There's a good pic of Terry. I gave these to Dusty Darby. Hopefully he can post them.

harleydad101

« Reply #17 on: Oct 24, 2008, 11:08 »
Somewhere I have a picture from 80-something of a bunch of us having " Sunday Sunrise Services"  (beer) on the access road just outside the plant.  I can't remember everyone there I know Larry Werner, Cindy Coursey, Jimmy Gimza, etc. I will have to dig that out and post it. Wow, pre-ffd!!!, remember when. 

umbra

DrNucleus

« Reply #18 on: Oct 21, 2009, 01:44 »
I worked for Rad (only a little) at TMI 79 and then at Pilgrim 79-80. I wrote RP instrument procedures and was the first one onsite for Rad at Pilgrim. Rad then put an ALARA team and an instrument cal team on there. Ralph Jacobs was my "daddy" in procedure writing then.

Those were wild and wooly days. Mel Hench was the RPM at Pilgrim, former vacuum cleaner salesman. *gack!* Only guy who I know the NRC told the utility to fire as RPM.

Larry Moretti was on the ALARA team and he is still out here at Diablo Canyon but now works more as I&C for RP instrumentation and new projects.

--(John) Ellsworth Weaver

Dwayne

« Reply #19 on: Oct 21, 2009, 07:03 »
Worked for RAD at Plant Hatch...dale E was the bossman there(ha ha ha)....what a crew!!!!
We ran the outage there and had fun doing it!!!
Think I'm still hangover!!!

Offline xobxdoc

• Moderate User
« Reply #20 on: Oct 22, 2009, 07:05 »

Larry Moretti was on the ALARA team and he is still out here at Diablo Canyon but now works more as I&C for RP instrumentation and new projects.

--(John) Ellsworth Weaver
[/quote]

I will have to dig up my pictures from one of Moretti's famous birthday parties at his house.

Offline RadManCHP

• Very Lite User
« Reply #21 on: Oct 31, 2012, 02:22 »
Love to see the tape. I was the WORST player on the team. But it was fun! I scanned it into a pdf and it's on its way to those who requested it. Takes me way back to when I was actuall young(er)

Glenn - as I recall Xxxxx Xxxx was the worst guy on the Oconee team.  He had the nickname "the dead guy" because if the ball wasn't within 2 feet of him he wouldn't move.  Someone had to run out from the infield to get the ball that landed next to him.

7. Peoples name's: It's a bad idea to use them, they lead to law suits. Some names are already censored because of this. Don't use names in stories or messages that could in any way be taken wrong.
No libel or defamatory messages.
« Last Edit: Oct 31, 2012, 02:37 by Marlin »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?