Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Gary Conley honeypot

Author Topic: Gary Conley  (Read 28360 times)

Offline coolbreeze20650

• Light User
  • Look over your shoulder!
Gary Conley
« on: Nov 15, 2007, 02:53 »
Gary Conley passed away this morning after a long illness.  Condolences to his wife Jean.

Atomic_Punk

Re: Gary Conley
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15, 2007, 03:11 »
That sucks.  Gary, you were a great guy and I hope you're in a way better place.  We'll hook up and I'll get that fishing pole from ya when I get to the other side. 
Jean, I am SO sorry. 
Mark

hezabear

« Reply #2 on: Nov 15, 2007, 04:17 »
I knew Gary for almost 30 years. He was a great RP tech and super friend. I had a lot of great times with him at The piont. Ano and lastly at Maine Yankee. were I had the great pleasure of meeting Jean. I know in my heart that Gary already has the boat in the water and bait on the hook. I remember one time when Gary and I were sparring and he hit me so hard on my left shoulder he not only brusied that one but also my right one too. Good by my friend, until we meet again, I will miss you. Jean take care and pm me were you are at now and if you need anything. My prayers are with you and Garys family.  Please let Sara know her dad will be missed by many freinds and co-workers.Always Brad

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #3 on: Nov 15, 2007, 05:29 »
I too am sad to learn of Gary's passing. It seems the older I get the more friends I loose, so many have gone before him that I know Gary is in great company and that they welcomed him with open arms. It has been 23 years since I first met Gary and he welcomed Henry and I into his home for the holidays and made us feel like family when we were so far from home.

I met Jean in Maine a couple years ago and loved her from the start. I still have the antique boat oars you gave Henry and I from the cabin. Please know that our prayer and love goes your way.

Camella

sammoyers

« Reply #4 on: Nov 16, 2007, 01:50 »
Damn,

Jean, I am truly sorry for your loss. I was telling some people the other day about some of the more PG rated (okay, they're ALL, PG rated) exploits Gary and I got ourselves into. I've been sending out feelers for awhile,and learned that Gary was sick, and not working anymore, but I did not know what the problem was, or where you two were.

I was hoping Gary was going to teach to use the fly rod he gave me. In the 20+ years I worked with Gary, we always found some goof-ball way to make whatever we doing fun. Even working the RX Vessel segmentation at CY. I will miss him alot, but we all know he's already got the flys wet. I'm working the Oconee outage right now; PM me and I'll get in touch.

Sam Moyers

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #5 on: Nov 16, 2007, 06:25 »
A Sad Day Indeed.  The wife and I only learned of Gary's situation a few weeks ago.  It's been a while since we worked with him, so we'll just reside with those past memories.  A great guy and he will be missed.  Our prayers to the family, God Bless!

RG 

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 16, 2007, 07:06 »
Gary was a great guy and great friend. Will be missed by all who crossed his path.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline stirfry

• Moderate User
  • It's an O.K. World
« Reply #7 on: Nov 16, 2007, 08:45 »
I am truely saddened to hear of Gary's passing. I had worked with him for over 20 years and he was a great guy.  A good sense of humor and always a smile on his face. ( or was that gas)??

Any way we now have another Patron Saint looking out over us ol techs.

See you on the flip side my friend.

Finni
YA gotta be SOMEWHERE

Joe Ferguson

« Reply #8 on: Nov 16, 2007, 10:05 »
I am sorry to hear of Gary's passing.  My thoughts and prayers go to his wife and family.

God Bless,
rotag

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #9 on: Nov 16, 2007, 10:29 »
First worked with Gary at ANO in '93. What a blast we had, and he taught me plenty.... ;)

Last worked with him at Millstone in '01, when Jean hurt her knee.  :(

Best danged CTMT lead I have worked with, very sorry that he's gone.

My prayers are with you Jean, hope to see you again someday (VY)
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

gibbsy

« Reply #10 on: Nov 16, 2007, 04:10 »

A sad day indeed!!  Gary was a good friend to many and will be missed by all that met him.  Worked with him several times and always enjoyed his smiling face.  Jean, my deepest sympathy to you and his family.  My prayers are with you, I know Gary is in a happy place and probably still smiling.
With sympathy,  Gibbsy

Offline litespeed

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #11 on: Nov 17, 2007, 07:17 »
I met Gary back in the early 80's at ANO and like many others became instant friends with him. He just had that certain personality about him that made me feel comfortable. As a supervisor he always had the answers to any situation that I needed help with. As friends we could sit and talk for hours reminiscing  about the “Old Days” and the good times had by all. I feel very fortunate to have gotten to work with Gary one last time at Maine Yankee in 2001. I’ll always remember sitting there in the basement of containment, dressed out, and once again talking about old friends and all the fun that we have had in this business over the years.
Jean, I am so very sorry to hear of Gary’s  passing. So many of us cared deeply for and had great respect for him. He will be missed by all of us who knew him.

M. Patterson

Offline HenryBlack

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #12 on: Nov 17, 2007, 07:59 »
Our hearts and prayers go out to jeannie and her family. We will all miss Gary- what a great big huggable bear of a guy!i I spoke with Jeannie last night . She said if anyone would like to they could donate to the Alzheimer's Association in Gary's honor. here's is the address- there is a "donate" button on the left side of the home page- it will take you to Tribute/Memorial Donations-Sharon Mueller

http://www.alz.org/index.asp

Offline techtoolong

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #13 on: Nov 17, 2007, 08:15 »
I am so sorry to hear this.  Gary was a great person and will be missed.  I am thinking of you Jeanie, With  deepest sympathy,
« Last Edit: Mar 21, 2010, 09:51 by techtoolong »

maggie352000

« Reply #14 on: Nov 17, 2007, 09:39 »
I am sorry to hear this Jeannie. My condolences to u. He was a great guy. Just glad that I got to be around
him while I was in Maine.
Margaret

Offline loravob

• Very Lite User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #15 on: Nov 17, 2007, 11:00 »
Gary always had a kind word and a beautiful smile.  Jeannie, my prayers are with you.  Roys

caseyrose

« Reply #16 on: Nov 17, 2007, 01:00 »
I just spoke with Jeanie and she asked if I would post these details.

Services for Gary will be held at

Yates Funeral Home
1101 S Us 1
Fort Pierce, FL 34950
Phone Number: (772) 461-7000
On Tuesday 11/20/07 from 6pm to 8pm

Offline DrgnHiker

• Very Lite User
« Reply #17 on: Nov 18, 2007, 02:13 »
Jeanie - I am so glad that we got to spend some time together while in Florida and got to chat about important things and not so important things. Take care my friend and know that you are in my prayers......VAL

Radeng

« Reply #18 on: Nov 18, 2007, 08:03 »
Jean,
I know last year we met at Seabrook and did the outage and the last time we saw each was at CY when we all worked together. We did have some great times their. Always remember the good times, there very precious. I remember when at SB, we talked about Gary and you, and you told me about him and I just want you to know that you both where in my prayers and I know that he is home now and in a place where he is in good hands. God Bless You my dear friend.
Lee

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #19 on: Nov 18, 2007, 11:19 »
Jeanie --

I don't think I ever met Gary and I did not make the connection until just now reading the last few posts. I am very sorry for your loss. God bless you and hold you in his hands.

Roger
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline Thee original Mongo

• Very Lite User
  • Outta the biz.
« Reply #20 on: Nov 18, 2007, 11:28 »
Sorry to hear of Gary's passing. He was good friend and a great tech to work with.

Ray Romanowicz
Ray Romanowicz... AKA Mongo

ljeanniepc

« Reply #21 on: Nov 18, 2007, 02:41 »
I JUST WANTED TO THANK EVERYONE FOR THEIR KIND WORDS, THOUGHTS, AND PRAYERS. GARY WAS A GOOD HUSBAND AND FRIEND.

THANKS,
                                                              JEANNIE

Offline makua13

• Light User
  • Live Aloha
« Reply #22 on: Nov 19, 2007, 12:21 »
Jennie,
Marsha and I are sorry to hear of your loss.  The last time I worked with the "both" of you was IP2.  I took a photo of you at a feed, and have just uploaded it to Indian Point on Nukeworker.  We were all smiling that day.
Rick
Live Aloha

Offline btkeele

• Moderate User
« Reply #23 on: Nov 19, 2007, 06:03 »
Jeannie....Very sorry for your loss, I've got a hug waiting when you
come back to work.....Barry

J Peck

« Reply #24 on: Nov 19, 2007, 08:03 »
Ahhh..... Gary, Jeanie my deepest regrets to you. I know it's been a long struggle, peace has finally come to one who so many of us looked up to and called friend. The memories and the laughs will stay with us. And for you dear Jeanie.... our love. J. Peck

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?