News and Discussions > Site News

New Avatars

<< < (2/4) > >>

greengoo:
Oh!  (sits back in awe)

darkson:
I like the upload feature for avatars
as you might guess I like the tremors series.

Rennhack:

--- Quote from: Greengoo on Jan 19, 2004, 09:39 ---Darkmatter and Darkson did mine for me.  Thanks guys.

--- End quote ---

Avatars need to have small file sizes.  Large file sizes slow down the page load times for others.  You can reduce the file size by making the original 96x96 pixels.  Optimize gifs to 64 colors.  Optimize jpg to 30% compression.  And optimize animated gif's by dropping a few frames.

An entire page shouldn't be much more than 30k.  We have some peoples avatars that are over 30k, for just them.

I have a high speed connection... but everyone else dosent, and we need to be respectful of their slow speeds.

greengoo:
As I lack a gif animator, and only wish to make the site easier to access, I will just stick with the still drum for the time being.  I believe that it is the best option all around.  Thanks for the tip though.

Greengoo. 8)

Rennhack:

--- Quote from: Greengoo on Jan 21, 2004, 07:11 ---As I lack a gif animator, and only wish to make the site easier to access, I will just stick with the still drum for the time being.  I believe that it is the best option all around.  Thanks for the tip though.

Greengoo. 8)

--- End quote ---

Send it to me, I'll see what I can do.  I like the animated goo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version