Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu outage work hours  

Author Topic: outage work hours  (Read 34587 times)

Fermi2

Re: outage work hours
« Reply #25 on: Apr 22, 2007, 08:34 »
  ok, the way it was told to me is the 72 hour rule is based on working monday through sunday only being aloud to work 6 12,s however if you start your job on tuesday you can work your 6 12 hour days then 6 more starting your new week making a total of 12 days strait you can work 12 hours a day, this way they can make you work more than 6 days with out taking a day off, this is why when we start a 12 hour work week you will see them starting on a tuesday or a wednesday.

No that is not how it works. The best way to visualize it is start at the hour you are to start work. Roll back 168 hours. If you worked 72 hours in that 168 you need a waiver.

Halcyon please site the NRC Case. My guess is there was more to do with it than what meets the eye.

Mike

LaFeet

« Reply #26 on: Apr 22, 2007, 11:08 »
Also, if you feel you are too fatigued to work  more, and the licensee says you aren't; then you aren't. That was the NRC's ruling on just such a case. So essentially, they can make you work whatever they want and if you don't like it, you can go DFR.

I am unsure about this aspect.  Everywhere I have been they HAVE to ASK you to work your 7th day.  I have not been forced to work seven or more straight.  I have volunteered to do so.

dangrs1

« Reply #27 on: Apr 26, 2007, 09:24 »
I heard they just voted on and passed the work hour rules. It will suck working those hours. Three days off every fifteen durring an outage. Can't make any money doing that.
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2007, 09:26 by dangrs1 »

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
  • I was liberal as a youth then I had to pay taxes..
« Reply #28 on: Apr 26, 2007, 01:38 »
Below is the article from the NEI regarding work hours

www.nei.org/documents/pubs/neo.pdf
The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
  • Retired Plant Health Physicist CHP, NRRPT
« Reply #29 on: Apr 26, 2007, 05:17 »
It will be interesting to see how these changes are implemented.  I'm house and personally wouldn't mind if we were limited to 40's for outage but I understand how travelers feel.  Any extra days off mean less money and make it harder to earn a living.  Of course maybe it will make them bring in more people and the extra demand will raise wages.  Or pigs may fly......
breath in, breath out, move on----j buffett

LaFeet

« Reply #30 on: Apr 26, 2007, 06:15 »
With just a swipe of a pen, they (and we all know who they are) can make the hour requirements vanish.  It's happened before, and it will happen again.

On the other hand, if I work 15 days straight, I would like a litlle time off to recharge my liver :P

Iced Tiger

« Reply #31 on: Jun 19, 2007, 03:48 »
Just to add a UK slant on the outage hours debate, when I worked in the maintenance section at Heysham 1 a couple of years back we used to do thirteen 12 hour shifts in every fourteen days. With an hour and a halfs travelling time a day as well I was glad to see the back of the 60 day outage. The only saving grace was the double bubble for the extra hours. Most AGR outages last for up to 60 days with a normal maintenance window being between 45 and 55 days depending on the work to be completed. Now I'am on ops at Heysham 2 we only have do do a certain number of extra hours, but we get paid for these up front on a monthly basis. ;)

nursevb8

« Reply #32 on: Sep 07, 2007, 11:52 »
They'll be doing 7  11s at St. Lucia.  But who knows when it will start.  Heard  the first of Sept. and now maybe sometime in Oct.

illegalsmile

« Reply #33 on: Sep 08, 2007, 08:00 »
there's a plant in St Lucia?????party time!!!!!!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?