Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu outage worker wannabe
honeypot

Author Topic: outage worker wannabe  (Read 9251 times)

jackybob

outage worker wannabe
« on: Nov 18, 2007, 12:14 »
Where do I start and am I even qualified? Who is hiring? I have over 25 years of operating chemical plants including pipefitting experience and R&D work. Also quality assurance. I've tried the regular job application route and get no response-- because I'm over 50? My current contract job is over next month. Any suggestions? Also, I've done a bunch of "chemical" hazwoppers--does this apply?

Sincerely,
jackybob

Offline JessJen

• Heavy User
Re: outage worker wannabe
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2007, 01:21 »
Jackybob, you may find you won't get a response this time of the season just due to the fact that the fall is closing up and the kinks are being working out for the spring.  Many of the threads on the boards have great resources for looking for outage work.  It just depends on what you would like to do.  I suggest browsing the list of employers that use nukeworker for job postings and looking at their sites.  This time of year outages are slim to none, fall and spring are the busy season for this type of work.  I wish you luck!

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
  • Retired Plant Health Physicist CHP, NRRPT
Re: outage worker wannabe
« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2007, 06:19 »
I know that the last few outages at Farley we have had trouble getting enough pipefitters.  Maybe try the pipefitter local as well. 
breath in, breath out, move on----j buffett

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?