Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Why are YOU a gold member? honeypot

Author Topic: Why are YOU a gold member?  (Read 24932 times)

Content1

Re: Why are YOU a gold member?
« Reply #25 on: Jan 26, 2010, 01:07 »
I was hoping to raise my Karma score.   It went down, dark Karma, I suppose.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #26 on: Jan 26, 2010, 06:59 »
1.  I got the information & encouragement I needed to finish my degree on this site.
2.  I found my current job on this site.
3.  I use NukeWorker several times each week to network, etc...

So...I figure I should kick in a few bucks to keep NukeWorker rolling.

Thanks, Mike!  :)
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #27 on: Jan 26, 2010, 04:16 »
For me, it's all about the Karma  :P

plus supporting a great forum !

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
  • Elements Rule Battle , Elementis Regamus Proleium
« Reply #28 on: Jan 26, 2010, 05:02 »
Punish Liberals, Most have gone from the PolySci forum, They do not get the main stream media spin on the rah rah feel good about global warming, Welfare, Obama, Cash for clunkers, Medical care for all, tea baggers, etc. So I guess they do not like it here!! LOL

Plus it is a great forum, Saved me money when I was on the road and collected Massachusetts unemployment, Too bad that loop hole is gone now.  I made a lot more on that than my dues so I thank them with my Patronage of a Gold membership.  Plus Hydro Dave, Slo Glo,Mutant, Cathy, Fuel Dryer, Smart People, Marssims,  make me laugh when they punish liberals especially Dave Warren,  Dave Warren also makes me laugh for a liberal, and some conservatives get mad,  That adds to my amusement, I say Let Dave our forum liberal rant!!  I may not agree and mostly I do not and liberal rants are just as entertaining as Conservative rants!!

Offline stormgoalie

• Former RP Supervisor, now an Engineer......
  • Very Heavy User
  • Go fast or go home!
« Reply #29 on: Jan 26, 2010, 05:42 »
This site has kept me in contact with a bunch of great guys, and gals, that I have worked with around the industry.  It even put me back in contact with others.  Great information and lively conversation as well.  Thanks Mike for your efforts, well worth the $$$$ I pay each year!!!
WARNING: Translation of author's random thoughts may have resulted in the unintended introduction of grammatical errors, typos, technical inaccuracies, lies, propaganda, rhetoric, or blasphemy.

Offline desertdog

• Moderate User
« Reply #30 on: Jan 27, 2010, 12:29 »
I joined the Gold Member club after a bashing I took from some of the senior Gold Members and Moderators.

A while back I made an ill-advised posting (after drinking a beer or three) about which site had the better outage schedule.  One of the comments informed me the GMs get the schedule gratis.  Also it was brought to my attention that the revenue received helped keep this site afloat.

Made sense to me.  I researched the GM pricing and found out how reasonably priced it was and ...  I have encouraged at least one other coworker to join the club.

To me, the outage schedule was/is not the reason for me to be a GM but it did get the conversation started.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?