Reference, Questions and Help > Polls

Experience Vs. Education

(1/6) > >>

UncaBuffalo:
Just a supplement to the debate over in the commentary section...

Phurst:
What the difference between 3 months commercial time and 3 months tech time. Being an exELT guess which I picked?

UncaBuffalo:

--- Quote from: phurst on Jan 14, 2004, 02:44 ---What the difference between 3 months commercial time and 3 months tech time.
--- End quote ---

I just wanted to make clear that the ex-ELT had 3 months "commercial" tech time (in addition to his Navy tech time).

greengoo:
4 years decon.  At least you'll have someone who has great experience cleaning up their messes.

RP Instructor:
UB:

I believe your poll is somewhat skewed so as to give you the results you're looking for.
You failed to mention what position it is I'm trying to fill, which would have a major impact on who I chose to hire.
You fail to mention what the candidate with the BS degree majored in. Is the degree directly related to the position I'm trying to fill?
As for the decon tech with 4 months experience as an HP tech: I'd need someone to corroborate his resume. I'm not about to hire him "sight unseen" based on his resume alone.
Similar polls conducted here on "nukeworker" have shown that 50% of the HP tech population has a 2 or 4 year degree, so there is validity to the argument that education is of obvious importance to the techs themselves.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version