Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu What Kind Of Christmas Tree Do You Have?
honeypot

Poll

What Kind Of Christmas Do You Have This Year?

A Fresh Cut Real Tree
6 (37.5%)
Artificial Green? or White?
7 (43.8%)
Too Many Decorations, Can't see It
0 (0%)
A Charlie Brown Tree
0 (0%)
Bah Humbug!
3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: What Kind Of Christmas Tree Do You Have?  (Read 10869 times)

Offline llamagramma

• FSS SR RP Tech/ Decomissioning
  • Light User
  • Have you kissed a Llama lately?
What Kind Of Christmas Tree Do You Have?
« on: Dec 03, 2007, 01:08 »
This year we are in the process of moving, so I just put up a  new 4' artificial white tree with just a few gold jingle bells, red musical twinkle bell lights and some candy canes.  The tree is also multi colored fiber optics.  Probably  next week we will go out and get the big real tree like we end up doing every year. Then we all put our decorations on it from years past.  Every year I buy my husband, son and  grandson a new ornament to add to our collections.

Offline JessJen

• Heavy User
Re: What Kind Of Christmas Tree Do You Have?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2007, 01:17 »
Were reusing the artificial green one we picked up when we first moved here due to the baby still being in that ooo im going to taste that age.  Most of the ornaments we already had but I splurged on some burgandy and gold ribbons, and gold bead garland instead of the usual stuff.  It does look quite nice....Ill see about putting some photos in my photobucket later and posting them.  Time to deck the halls of nukeworker!

navytwinmom

« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2007, 01:37 »
I stopped putting up a tree when the boys left cause they were the ones that loved to decorate it...i dont like to. I do decorate the house...I have a penguin and snowman collection.

My mom on the ohter hand puts up a 6 foot prelite fake tree and theme decorates it every year...we have all the handmade orniments we made as kids and some family stuff...or she does gold and crystal....and this year it is all red white and blue...lots of american flags and navy ornements.

PS we need a nukeworker ornement!! perhaps i will take a bobblehead and put it on the tree.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Dec 03, 2007, 01:58 »
The bobble head is a little heavy for a tree, perhaps the plush toy.

I thought about making NukeWorker ornaments...  I wonder how many we could sell...

Our tree is a fake white one, cause I'm alergic to the real deal.  We put the fancy silver and blue ornaments on it.

We also have a fake green one, that I make KAthy put up in the basement for the gaudy ornaments.

Austria

« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2007, 03:47 »
We put up a real tree every year. We usually head over to the market around the corner and carry one home just a couple days before Christmas. We decorate with all the usual stuff: tinsel, glass ornaments, but no lights. Seems that over here it is a tradition to use real candles.   :o
Needless to say, I was rather skeptical at first but the little candle holders you can buy here work really well and look great. And on Christmas Eve, which is when everyone opens their gifts here, we put a few sparklers on the tree and light them along with the candles. Looks great and our son Daniel is especially excited to see everything glowing and sparkling.  :)
« Last Edit: Dec 04, 2007, 04:58 by Austria »

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2007, 03:55 »
Definately real. Buy local... ;)

Got a box of ornaments that go back to my parent's childhood, ones I made as a kid, some grandparents passed on, etc. Nothing matches, but that's the idea. Now my kids are adding to it, as well as my GF family. Everybody will decorate this weekend.  ;D
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

illegalsmile

« Reply #6 on: Dec 04, 2007, 08:47 »
we're just reusing last year's blue spruce

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #7 on: Dec 04, 2007, 10:16 »
Definately real. Buy local... ;)

Got a box of ornaments that go back to my parent's childhood, ones I made as a kid, some grandparents passed on, etc. Nothing matches, but that's the idea. Now my kids are adding to it, as well as my GF family. Everybody will decorate this weekend.  ;D

I agree about the ornaments. Although many of our childhood ornaments were lost due to a fire. We do have a couple. I actually have a Santa made from tin that belonged to my great grandparents which was made sometime during the depression.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?