Facility & Company Information > Beaver Valley

Beaver Valley Lodging

<< < (2/7) > >>

JessJen:
Last time I worked beaver I stayed at Candlewood suites.  It is around 50 a night, call for current pricing, but the staff leaves you alone. Theres a full kitchen thats stocked in your room, a vcr, a full gym down stairs, an honor system pantry, and its near civilization.  The ride from there to the plant is only about 30 minutes. 

Already Gone:

--- Quote from: JessJen on Sep 20, 2006, 11:21 ---I have a reservation for the willow inn...8 mins from the plant  54 a night after taxes....if anyone has information on what im walking into it would be appreciated.
--- End quote ---

I stayed there for one night in 2001.  It was nice, but not the most economical.  It's the place where all the old folks come for Sunday brunch.  They didn't have any internet connection at the time, and dial-up wouldn't work.  I was going through nukeworker withdrawal.
Of course, it is close.  Just don't stay in West Virginia.  There are some places close to the plant, but you don't want to stay there - not int the motels or the towns themselves.  To quote Tammy Piscatelli from Last Comic Standing, "a terrorist will kill you, but a hillbilly will KEEP you."

Mike McFarlin:
Connoly Inn on Rt. 18 in Beaver Falls has monthly rate. Have to pay in advance.  In Chester, WV the Andrews Motel rents rooms for week with fridge and microwave. 11 miles from site.

kubinger:
This cabin in the meadow is perfect for people working outages from out of town. Newly remodeled interior, brand new deck overlooking the meadow with sliding glass doors from the living area, laundry, fully equipped kitchen and parking. Call 412-805-1282 for more information.

LinkNuc:
PLEASE BE ADVISED SHIPPINGPORT BRIDGE WORK WILL BE IN PROGRESS DURING THE OUTAGE.

What that means is you are much better off staying towards the Airport and using Green Garden Road or The "World Famous Midway" exit.  Staying above or using Rt 68 is bad becasue there will only be one lane open over the bridge.

I will post anymore updates as I hear them.

Construction starst 3/9/09 and lasts abaht a yer

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version