Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Calvert Cliffs Lodging  

Author Topic: Calvert Cliffs Lodging  (Read 62403 times)

LaFeet

Calvert Cliffs Lodging
« on: Apr 14, 2007, 06:16 »
I found an amazing place to eat while at The Cliffs.  On state Rte. 214 East of Rte. 2 just south of Annapolis is a wonderfully eclectic Irish joint called Killarney's Restaurant and Pub. 

There's a really excellent German restaurant up that way too... with a superb selection of beers to boot.
« Last Edit: Jan 09, 2008, 05:48 by Rennhack »

RADBASTARD

Re: Calvert Cliffs Lodging
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2008, 09:29 »
Good luck on that one. We stayed in lexington park at the days inn.I think it's about $360 a week 20 miles from the plant
>:(I'm having a hard time finding a place to stay during the outage at Calvert Cliffs. There is two of us and we would liken to find a place that has two bedrooms.  We want to save the $$$$$$$$$$    Does anyone know of a place?

Offline rocknrollrick

• Moderate User
  • PAYING THE COST TO BE THE BOSS!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2008, 08:39 »
Finding a place to stay here is ruff. I'm already here and heard that the Day's Inn is up to $411.00 a week. The cheapest way to go is to camp and it's $390.00 plus electric. Take it Easy Campground has a Bunk house which I believe is $250.00 a week but you can call on details.
Early to bed, 13 hours on nights, makes you tired, wealthy and a night crawler!!!!

richardb52

« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2008, 01:07 »
The Days Inn in Lexington Park, about 19 miles from the plant, is charging $58.83 including taxes.  You get a refrigerator, free daybreak breakfast and microwave included.  They need to increase per diem at this site, but what's new.  They should do that at a lot of places.   

kgmmgk

« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2008, 12:17 »
I have a cottage in North Beach which I use as a vacation house, which I would like to rent. It is about 30 miles from the power plant.  The house has 1 bathroom, 3 bedrooms and is vacant now.  At present it has one single bed, 2 tables and 6 chairs, some other assorted furnishings, but is not fully furnished (no sofa, drapes, etc).  It does have all appliances and cable TV, and is warm and comfortable.  I am getting 2 queen beds for the other bedrooms.  The cost per room would be $200 per week/$700 per month. Or $2000 per month for the whole house (including utilities). If interested, please reply to kathleen4757@comcast.net, or you can call me at 443-742-4841.

Thanks, Kathy

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 02:16 »
I have a 2 bedroom apartment for rent ~ 6 or 7 miles from the plant in St. Leonard. PM me if interested.

karag

« Reply #6 on: Jan 25, 2009, 02:21 »
We have a Full Furnished Basement Apartment Located In Prince Frederick (approx. 15 miles from BGE).
Private entrance & walkway
Full Kitchen (oven, dishwasher, frig, microwave, etc.)
Full bath
2 bedrooms
Full living room
Cable TV/DVD
Private & Quiet!
Pictures upon request.
Available!!!!!!!!

Please reply to: karajunebug@hotmail.com
« Last Edit: Aug 03, 2009, 10:27 by karag »

DHHII

« Reply #7 on: Feb 05, 2009, 11:01 »
If anyone out there in the e-ther has an apartment/room to rent or is looking for a house/roommate for this upcoming (spring 2009) outage then please send me a PM.  I am clean, quiet and a non-smoker. 

Offline johnnieslingshot

• Moderate User
  • Let's go bowl-diving
« Reply #8 on: Feb 06, 2009, 07:04 »
Last spring I stayed in a one bedroom studio in Leanardtown.  It was $500/month, $500 down.  It was clean, warm, and the landlord was nice and didn't invade your privacy.  He has two apartments attached to his his and also a small camper which I think he rents for $400/month.  Short term is okay.  I got all of my upfront back at the then end of the outage and the landlord didn't nic-pick when checking the place for cleanliness when checking it before I left.  If he still has the same number it is (240) 577-1883.  About 25 minutes from the plant.  Have fun at Calvert, the HP people there are great to work with.  I didn't feel like sub-scum there.

JC

DHHII

« Reply #9 on: Feb 10, 2009, 07:45 »
Thanks js.  I did manage to find a place over in Lusby.  Now akk I need is to know where the nearest wireless hotspot is. 

Senior

« Reply #10 on: Jul 28, 2009, 10:46 »
I have a very clean 2 Bedroom, 1 Bath home available soon in Calvert Beach which is located minutes from Calvert Cliffs.  Anyone interested please let me know.  Home has washer/dryer, fenced backyard, beach/boat ramp access please let me know if anyone is interested in seeing this rental.  43-624-0595 or 410-257-3063
« Last Edit: Sep 01, 2009, 09:51 by Senior »

Offline Hraesvelg

• Light User
« Reply #11 on: Aug 15, 2009, 12:46 »
The wife and I might be interested in your place. I'm interviewing for a job there this Thursday.

Offline Hraesvelg

• Light User
« Reply #12 on: Aug 28, 2009, 05:51 »
I have a 2 Bedroom, 1 Bath home available Sept 1, 2009 in Calvert Beach which is located minutes from Calvert Cliffs.  Anyone interested please let me know.

We're interested, I'm taking the job there.

Senior

« Reply #13 on: Sep 01, 2009, 09:55 »
The house is still available currently getting fresh coat of paint and new carpet will be ready soon.  If you would like more information please call me at 443-624-0595 or 410-257-3063 asap.

Offline xobxdoc

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #14 on: Sep 02, 2009, 06:57 »
We're interested, I'm taking the job there.

Welcome to the "Cliffs of Insanity". When do you start?

Offline Hraesvelg

• Light User
« Reply #15 on: Sep 03, 2009, 01:41 »
The house is still available currently getting fresh coat of paint and new carpet will be ready soon.  If you would like more information please call me at 443-624-0595 or 410-257-3063 asap.

Just got back from the MD to SC drive an hour ago.

Will call you tomorrow.

Offline Hraesvelg

• Light User
« Reply #16 on: Sep 03, 2009, 01:43 »
Welcome to the "Cliffs of Insanity". When do you start?

14th depending on background check time.

I'm really excited about this job. I turned down a few other higher paying ones just to work with this team.

vikingfan

« Reply #17 on: Dec 30, 2009, 07:49 »
Looking for an apt or house to rent for the upcoming outage if anyone knows of anything please send me a PM :)

duke99301

« Reply #18 on: Jan 08, 2010, 06:36 »
Any one can tell me what motels there allow pets?

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #19 on: Feb 12, 2010, 09:01 »
Looking for an apt or house to rent for the upcoming outage if anyone knows of anything please send me a PM :)

My brother has a room for rent in Broomes Island. It is ~ 10-12 miles from the plant. Full house privilege's, $160 a week. PM me if you or anyone else is interested.

StaybridgeSuites

« Reply #20 on: Feb 25, 2010, 03:31 »
Hello I'm Steven Frazier   Email me :staybridgesuitesbwism@baywoodhotels.com

Im the sales manager with the Staybridge Suites BWI please contact me to discuss rates..I have studios, one bedroom with king or double, and two bedrooms suites.!! an award winning property and i can also offer complimentary Hot buffet breakfast every morning complimentary light dinner 3 nights a week and free soft drinks and free beer and wine. All suites with full kitchens.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #21 on: Feb 25, 2010, 04:08 »
Hello I'm Steven Frazier   Email me :staybridgesuitesbwism@baywoodhotels.com

Im the sales manager with the Staybridge Suites BWI please contact me to discuss rates..I have studios, one bedroom with king or double, and two bedrooms suites.!! an award winning property and i can also offer complimentary Hot buffet breakfast every morning complimentary light dinner 3 nights a week and free soft drinks and free beer and wine. All suites with full kitchens.

I don't want to interfere with commercial enterprise or discourage postings in the Lodging section for any plant, but please be aware if you are considering contacting the quoted post that BWI is Baltimore Washington International Airport and is an hour and a half from Calvert Cliffs. Even with free beer and wine that is a long drive on outage hours.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline rpcarp

• Light User
« Reply #22 on: Dec 12, 2011, 08:53 »
Does anyone have  any ideas of where to stay near the plant I dont want to stay more than 25-30 min from the plant. everything on here tends to be from more than 3 years old.

Offline scgirl87

• Lurker
« Reply #23 on: Dec 18, 2011, 06:03 »
A friend of mines have a one bedroom apartment that's eight miles from Calvert Cliff. He's asking 300.00 a week w/300.00 security deposit. fully furnish with towels, linens, cookware, coffee maker, toaster, iron&board, all utilities, cable and wireless internet included, all you need to bring is food and clothes. Very nice and clean and only 10 minutes from the plant. contact number is 240-643-2961 his name is Jeff

Offline rpcarp

• Light User
« Reply #24 on: Jan 10, 2013, 09:00 »
Does anyone know of any campgrounds near the plant?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?