Fitzpatrick

Above Average
2 (100%)
Average
0 (0%)
Below Average
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Fitzpatrick  (Read 31670 times)

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
Re: Fitzpatrick
« Reply #25 on: Dec 20, 2007, 08:22 »
My start date is 1/7/08.  Might as well jump right into the cold!  Glad my car has heated seats.

Seems you can't stay too far away from Constellation.  :o
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline HousePuke

• ALARA Coordinator / Rad Engineer
  • Heavy User
  • If you don't like it here, go somewhere else!
« Reply #26 on: Dec 20, 2007, 09:33 »
Not intentional, just coincidental.  It might be interesting if / when I run into some former co-workers at a grocery store or something.
Irish diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell such that he looks forward to making the trip.

Inspite of inflation, a penny is still a fair price for most peoples thoughts.

vikingfan

« Reply #27 on: Dec 20, 2007, 09:43 »
mike ,

you'll need to pick up a good 4 wheel drive vehicle also to help you get through all that oswego snow  :) :) :D

Hairbear

Security Officer positions
« Reply #28 on: Jul 29, 2009, 10:37 »
Anyone know when the next round of NSO will be?

Offline HousePuke

• ALARA Coordinator / Rad Engineer
  • Heavy User
  • If you don't like it here, go somewhere else!
Re: Security Officer positions
« Reply #29 on: Jul 30, 2009, 06:03 »
Security recently hired about 2 dozen new NSO's.  Don't know when / if they'll be looking for more.
Irish diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell such that he looks forward to making the trip.

Inspite of inflation, a penny is still a fair price for most peoples thoughts.

Hairbear

Re: Security Officer positions
« Reply #30 on: Jul 30, 2009, 08:46 »
Thank you- I can never find out on the companies website when they are hiring. Do they have a Security company they hire from or is it like Constellation- posting job openings and you apply that way? Just looking to change carriers! I know a few people in both plants and have been trying to get in at either one, for some time now.

Offline carr6433

• Lurker
« Reply #31 on: Jul 22, 2010, 12:08 »
I saw on Entergy's website that JAF is hiring a new class of AOs.  Does anybody know the time-frame on that class?  I've already had interviews at other plants, but my top choice is JAF, and I really don't want to turn down a potential job offer just on the off-chance I could end up here.

Offline Benwah033

• Light User
« Reply #32 on: Jul 22, 2010, 11:48 »
I saw on Entergy's website that JAF is hiring a new class of AOs.  Does anybody know the time-frame on that class?  I've already had interviews at other plants, but my top choice is JAF, and I really don't want to turn down a potential job offer just on the off-chance I could end up here.

Fitz is looking for 12 AOs that they haven't been able to fill internally.  I'm not sure when the class will start because there is a class currently qualifying, but I know they need operators so they may run two concurrently. 

PM me if you want to know more details about this class, because I have some more info...

Pman52

« Reply #33 on: Jul 23, 2010, 08:04 »
I applied for the NLO class at JAF as well.  Is it likely they'll hire guys who aren't from the area?  Alot of utilities are advertising they are preferring to hire locals.

Offline Benwah033

• Light User
« Reply #34 on: Jul 24, 2010, 09:57 »
I applied for the NLO class at JAF as well.  Is it likely they'll hire guys who aren't from the area?  Alot of utilities are advertising they are preferring to hire locals.

I can't say for sure whether being from elsewhere would hurt.  I hired on last Sept and moved from MA, and it didn't affect me...

Pman52

« Reply #35 on: Jul 25, 2010, 09:03 »
That's good to hear.  The moving part won't be a big deal for me.  Hopefully they'll consider me for an interview.

Are you pretty happy with Entergy?  Is their hiring process pretty straightforward?

Offline Benwah033

• Light User
« Reply #36 on: Jul 26, 2010, 11:08 »
Its the same as any other plant/utility, they all have their ups and downs. I'm happy with where I'm at right now.

My experience with the hiring process was that I submitted my application online, and heard nothing for a month or two, then the hiring manager called me I interviewed and was made an offer within a week.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?