Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Callaway Lodging  

Author Topic: Callaway Lodging  (Read 40112 times)

Offline Dagon

• Light User
How do I find housing at Callaway?
« Reply #25 on: Jun 30, 2014, 08:22 »
Hello, I just got my first travelling tech job at Callaway.  How do you find an apartment?  I do not even know how to start looking for short term lease apartments. Please help me if you can.  Thanks in advance.

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
Re: How do I find housing at Callaway?
« Reply #26 on: Jul 01, 2014, 07:15 »
Hello, I just got my first travelling tech job at Callaway.  How do you find an apartment?  I do not even know how to start looking for short term lease apartments. Please help me if you can.  Thanks in advance.

Here is a start - not much recent - http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,12377.0.html

Craigslist: http://columbiamo.craigslist.org/apa/

Depending upon how long you'll be there - hotels are commonly able to setup a longer term price structure - do a google search.

Hope this gets you started... 8)
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

surf50

« Reply #27 on: Jul 01, 2014, 03:45 »
Hello, I just got my first travelling tech job at Callaway.  How do you find an apartment?  I do not even know how to start looking for short term lease apartments.

Get an inexpensive motel for a week. Ask others where they're staying when you get onsite, check out the bulletin boards in the training building for anyone renting to travelers.
As Housedad said, look at the sublets/temp housing ads on Craiglist: http://columbiamo.craigslist.org/sub/
 If all else fails, try to work out a long term deal with the motel.

It's easier to find a place to stay if you are there in person. You'll see where not to stay, too.

Offline Dagon

• Light User
« Reply #28 on: Jul 01, 2014, 11:18 »
Thank you. I am just afraid that if I do not find something before I get there I will end up spending my pay check on rent or sleeping in my car.  But you are right I could end up in a bad place too. What about the Travelier Motel? I saw an ad for it but their website was useless.   

surf50

« Reply #29 on: Jul 02, 2014, 04:27 »
First off, don't be afraid of things.
It's a waste of your energy, you'll be fine. They won't run out of motels, either. You just might have to drive a little farther.

You'll get better info if you call the motel up, and simply ask.

When this job is done you'll say to yourself, " What was I worried about? "

Offline gratefulkarma

• Very Lite User
« Reply #30 on: Jul 03, 2014, 01:57 »
Dagon, Hi, I happen to be an ex-travelling HP/ex-Navy Nuke that has found his way to the research reactor at the University of Missouri.  Fulton is your best bet proximity-wise ( I think)...how long is the outage? I heard (due to the vessel head?) that this will be a long one. Good for you and your checking account! Anyway, if you haven't figured things out yet, you can PM some of your info here and I'll send you my work email/phone number and we can talk about the area and maybe I can point you in a good direction.  We have a few people here at work that live in Fulton so maybe they could help/give pointers. Columbia (where I live) is a good hour from the plant (roughly).

Offline Dagon

• Light User
« Reply #31 on: Jul 07, 2014, 10:29 »
Thanks.  I think I may have something close to the plant at the church camp.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #32 on: Jul 16, 2014, 09:48 »
stop in at the local u.s.post office and ask them if they know anyone who rents rooms. they will know and may tell you.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline callawayrental

• Lurker
Re: Callaway Lodging
« Reply #33 on: Aug 05, 2014, 02:50 »
Basement Apartment For Rent Near Callaway Nuclear Plant for the Upcoming outage
Approximately 9 miles from the plant. Also 5 miles from Fulton which has a Walmart, Walgreens, Laundry, etc...
Apartment has own separate entrance from main house
Has private full bathroom
Private Living Area with Satellite TV
Kitchenette with sink and microwave - sorry no stove :(
Washer/Dryer is upstairs which you may use or use laundry mat in Fulton
Sorry No Smoking Inside the House

$250/week (longer term may be given discount)

Please call 1-573-592-9605 for more information

Offline 747express.jcpd

• Lurker
« Reply #34 on: Oct 12, 2014, 09:45 »
Still looking for a furnished place to rent. My wife travels with me. Thank you.

Rob143

« Reply #35 on: Jan 19, 2016, 02:13 »
Hanson Hills Campground
3643 CR 221
Kingdom City, MO 65262
(573) 642-8600
hanson.hills@gmail.com
Sterling & Mary Albright

www.hansonhillscampground.com
You can also check us out on facebook

Camper Rental $45/night - $600/Month
Full Hook-up Sites $28/night - $400/Month

For folks going to work at Ameren,s Callaway plant that are looking for an RV park my wife and I have a small park appx. 2 miles from the plant. We have 20-30-&50 amp full hook ups.$25.00 per day,   $125.00 per week or,   $450.00 per month covers everything.
        On July 1, 2009 we opened a laundromat, small convenience store,(including beer and liquor) and a car wash that was built to handle RV'S. We also built 2 full baths with showers, free to people staying in our park
        If interested you can contact us at 573-676-3773 or 573-676-5462 or hdillon@ktis.net

Are these places still open?  Any other RV parks nearby that folks prefer?  I worked the outage in spring of 2010 but didn't have an RV then and stayed at the Super 8 in Kingdom City.

Offline johnnieslingshot

• Moderate User
  • Let's go bowl-diving
« Reply #36 on: Mar 08, 2016, 01:35 »
Coming to Callaway for upcoming outage.  I would welcome any insite on decent places to stay near Fulton that will not chew up my diem.  I would prefer a place with a kitchenette but hotel will work also.

Offline wasteman

• Light User
Callaway Lodging
« Reply #37 on: Sep 25, 2017, 05:00 »
Likely going for a three month gig soon to Callaway.  Looking for a small furnished apartment...  thanks!!

Offline Reddy

• Lurker
« Reply #38 on: Oct 30, 2017, 01:54 »
Dagon, I was curious how you did with finding a place near Callaway. My husband is contemplating a long term contract there, and I'm hoping I can learn from your experience. We have an RV, and will take it if we need to, but with winter coming, we would prefer a house, and may bring the RV down when the weather warms up. Can you tell me what resources you used? Anything you can tell me would help me out. We live in SE Nebraska and could drive down there to look around, but even if we did that, would appreciate some insight into where to start, and what/where to avoid. Thanks in advance for any help/advice.
« Last Edit: Oct 30, 2017, 01:55 by Reddy »

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #39 on: Oct 30, 2017, 07:05 »
This is a good start.  https://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,12377.0.html
I'll do some checking out here at the plant to see if there is anything else up on bulletin boards, etc...
« Last Edit: Oct 30, 2017, 07:05 by Nuclear NASCAR »
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline dcraw

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
we have rooms for rent during the 2019 Callaway Outage. Close to Callaway Plant. Email duckeygirll12@gmail.com for details

Offline mdylewski@redroof.com

• Light User
20% Off at Red Roof Hotels and HomeTowne Studios
« Reply #41 on: Mar 07, 2019, 11:28 »
Red Roof offers 20% off for all outage workers at all Red Roof and HomeTowne Studios hotels nationwide!
https://www.redroof.com/deals/partner/bhi_energy
Click the link or call the hotel and give VP+ #621355 when making your reservations.
« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2019, 12:24 by Marlin »

Offline Yungbluth

• Lurker
« Reply #42 on: Mar 29, 2019, 06:41 »
I have a fully furnished apartment available for short term rental in Jefferson City 35 minutes from Callaway.  $1400 for the month of April 2019.  All utilities paid. It has a queen bed and two twin beds.  It has a full kitchen as well as a deck and a porch. e-mail me with any other questions or interest at mjy7764@gmail.com

Offline Amvetspost153

• Lurker
« Reply #43 on: Sep 08, 2020, 10:19 »
3 RV spots available.
Two 50 Amp One 30 Amp.
Sewer and water provided.
Nice level spots.
2 bars within walking distance.
Dollar general 1.25 miles From RV spot.
15 minutes from Callaway Plant.
15 minutes to Fulton shopping and dining
See rates in attachment.
Call Jim Keyes 573-220-6140 prior to the 14th of September.
Please call 573-676-5959 and speak to Jim Keyes , Bartender, or Amvet officer after September 14th.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?