Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Callaway Lodging honeypot

Author Topic: Callaway Lodging  (Read 40104 times)

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
  • Stop Talking, Just Do It!!!
Callaway Lodging
« on: Aug 26, 2006, 05:39 »
Any updated info for this area?  Does anyone know of furnished apartments, condos, etc. or 2 room suites within a hotel? 

Thanks!!
« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2007, 05:41 by Marlin »

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
Re: Callaway
« Reply #1 on: Aug 26, 2006, 11:34 »
www.fultonsun.com Fulton is about 15 miles from the plant.  This site also has a link to the Jefferson City Tribune.  Jeff City is about 25 miles from Callaway and Columbia is about 45 miles away. 
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline iroyster

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Any updates for Lodging Fall of 2008?
« Reply #2 on: Jul 12, 2008, 04:08 »
Will be heading to Callaway the first of Sept. 2008 and need any info anyone might have on lodging.
Thanks
Ira
Work Safe and Do Good Work

lvbutcher

Re: Callaway Lodging
« Reply #3 on: Jul 13, 2008, 06:07 »
I'd like to know also. The last 2 times I've been there, I've stayed at (and left) the Red Carpet lodge and then stayed at the "church camp" up the road from the plant. I'd like to find an apartment for the duration this time. Anybody have any suggestions? I think my wife's coming with me this time, so I'm looking for a decent place. Thanks. Butch

Offline dhk

• Light User
« Reply #4 on: Aug 08, 2008, 03:02 »
Does anyone have any suggestions on a place to stay during the outage?  I know there is a list, but I was hoping for input on where to stay or not stay from others personal experiences.  Thanks

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
« Reply #5 on: Aug 08, 2008, 04:54 »
I've stayed with all three of the following and would recommend them... they are about 45 minutes from the plant...

Phipps Furnished Rentals
573-814-0245

Southern Properties LLC
573-447-2146

Candlewood Suites Columbia
573-817-0525

justatech

« Reply #6 on: Aug 16, 2008, 09:33 »
There is a camp ground with hotel rooms about 4 miles from the site. As you're leaving the site go right out - go to the stop make a left going back into town (I forget the name of it) about 2 or 3 miles down the road on the right is a white house with a Christian camp ground sign. The have spots for RVs, two dorm houses and another building with hotel rooms................reasonab ly priced - very clean...................if after leaving the plant and you get to the main road - turn right at the stop - go about 4 miles miles - bar on left (forget the name of that too  :P) good food. Nice short distance from the bar to the campground.................ju st have to watch the one bend - bar owner will tell you about it.

If you are already there - drive around and look for the campground - ask some guys at the plant they know where it's at.

If you're really interested - IM me I will dig around in my file cabinet (beat up old box) and find the correct information - numbers etc..............

Enjoy yourself at Calloway - lots of nice people.

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
« Reply #7 on: Aug 16, 2008, 10:13 »
I found the following information.  I can't vouch for them, but think it's worth a call if you're interested.

Several units available on flexible rent schedules, varying from short to long term. Unit sizes from two to three bedrooms (but can be rented short term to single individuals) with all the amenities of home.  Can be furnished or unfurnished, take your pick. We've been renting to the road tech industry for years and will do what we can to place you in one of our units that meets your needs. Please call Ron Smith at (573) 220-2216 for more information.

Duke_Nukester

« Reply #8 on: Sep 14, 2008, 10:44 »
I'm looking into apartments in Jefferson City, hoping to finalize something on Friday, the 19th.  Anyone interested in going splits give me a shout at sj_redneckid_70@yahoo.com or call me at 9183064007 ask for Shannon.  Because my wife and I have ex's who are asses we do screen calls so no private or unavailable (i.e. blocked caller i.d.) calls please.

For the most part Jefferson City is 45 minutes to 1 hour from the plant.  Not as close as say Fulton, about the same from the south and east sides of Columbia.  I like the freedom of having a multitude of choices for dinner and having them close to "home" while on the road.  Jefferson City looks more culturally evolved from it's website compared to Columbia, however, I have never been to Callaway so I could be wrong. 

My roommate requests are:
  1) Nonsmoker (the exception you smoke outside and febreeze the @#%$ out of your clothes)
  2) No Parties, and no more than say two guests over at time.  I like a little peace and quiet at the end of the day.
  3) Pick up and clean up after yourself daily, I might be a guy, but I don't like bugs where I eat, and tripping over crap.

« Last Edit: Sep 15, 2008, 10:15 by Camella Black »

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #9 on: Sep 15, 2008, 09:47 »
This was back in the day.......

I stayed at a trailer park with 4 other guys in a city named Holts Summit.
It was a traumatic experience due to the fact that it was my first time in a trailer park.
Regardless, it was cheap and wasn't too terrible.
There is a stock car race track not far from there and not a whole lot else.

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
« Reply #10 on: Sep 15, 2008, 10:51 »
This was back in the day.......

I stayed at a trailer park with 4 other guys in a city named Holts Summit.
It was a traumatic experience due to the fact that it was my first time in a trailer park.
Regardless, it was cheap and wasn't too terrible.
There is a stock car race track not far from there and not a whole lot else.

Capitol Speedway (where Carl Edwards won his first Rookie of the Year title) has been gone for about 5 years now.  It's being developed into a subdivision. 

For the most part Jefferson City is 45 minutes to 1 hour from the plant.  Not as close as say Fulton, about the same from the south and east sides of Columbia.  I like the freedom of having a multitude of choices for dinner and having them close to "home" while on the road.  Jefferson City looks more culturally evolved from it's website compared to Columbia, however, I have never been to Callaway so I could be wrong. 

Columbia is a bigger college town than Jeff City is so there is some diversity there that is different between the two.  That said, Jeff City does have more of a "home town" feel to it from my experience. 

For anyone wondering about a decent place to eat on that one day off a week a good site is www.midmodiningguide.com .  It breaks restaurants down by city, type, etc. 

-Bertrand Russell

tennbuck

« Reply #11 on: Oct 07, 2008, 06:02 »
Days Inn, Kingdom City
1-573-642-0050
just off I-70, exit 148
$273/week
free breakfast
wireless internet in room, works great.
fridge and microwave
king size bed
safe in room
laundry service
mcdonalds and arbys in walking distance
74 channel  cable with HBO
15 miles from plant.

callaway Fan

« Reply #12 on: Jun 21, 2009, 12:38 »
For folks going to work at Ameren,s Callaway plant that are looking for an RV park my wife and I have a small park appx. 2 miles from the plant. We have 20-30-&50 amp full hook ups.$25.00 per day,   $125.00 per week or,   $450.00 per month covers everything.
        On July 1, 2009 we opened a laundromat, small convenience store,(including beer and liquor) and a car wash that was built to handle RV'S. We also built 2 full baths with showers, free to people staying in our park
        If interested you can contact us at 573-676-3773 or 573-676-5462 or hdillon@ktis.net
« Last Edit: Nov 11, 2009, 09:29 by callaway Fan »

Lazy Brush Ranch

Rooms availabe 4 miles from AmerenUE.
« Reply #13 on: Aug 11, 2011, 08:07 »
For those of you working the outage in October, I have 3 rooms available 4 miles from the plant.  They share a bathroom.  There is one room below that is already reserved.  You would have space in the kitchen as well.  Please Email me at info@byravena.com.  or call 573-220-8409.
 8)

Lazy Brush Ranch

« Reply #14 on: Aug 21, 2011, 08:12 »
4 bedroom house on several acres, 4 miles from the Callaway plant.  Fully furnished with 42 inch TV.  Available around November 10th.  $1,500/MO + 1/2 utilities.  Call 573-676-5253.

Offline cajunbaby84

• Light User
« Reply #15 on: Sep 17, 2011, 04:51 »
Any one have any info on places to stay at Callaway or some one wanting to share a place for the time we are there?
Thanks,

Offline ARRRRPEEEE

• Very Lite User
« Reply #16 on: Sep 20, 2011, 09:33 »
I have 4 bdrms available in fulton, 2 have there own bathroom, 2 share anouther, share 2 kitchens, outside bbq, BUT, have to share all this with my CAT !(LEO)

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
« Reply #17 on: Sep 25, 2011, 09:34 »
If you're staying in Jefferson City for Refuel 18 please be aware that of the bridge project mentioned in this news release:
September 06, 2011
Bridge Improvements to Begin for Auxvasse Creek Bridge on Route 94 in Callaway County

CALLAWAY COUNTY - A project to replace the deck and beams of the Auxvasse Creek Bridge on Route 94 in Callaway County is scheduled to begin on Monday, Sept. 19, 2011. The bridge is located between Routes C and CC, approximately three miles east of Mokane.

The bridge will be closed to traffic during construction, which is expected to continue through early November. http://www.modot.mo.gov/central/news_and_information/District5Release.shtml?action=displaySSI&newsId=119779

This is the last bridge before Hwy CC on Hwy 94.  If you're not familiar with the backroads it's going to be easiest to come in on Hwy O from Fulton. 

-Bertrand Russell

Offline cajunbaby84

• Light User
« Reply #18 on: Sep 26, 2011, 01:32 »
Thank you.  I will be staying in Fulton. 

Offline ARRRRPEEEE

• Very Lite User
« Reply #19 on: Sep 28, 2011, 10:59 »
Two rooms left !

Offline cajunbaby84

• Light User
« Reply #20 on: Sep 28, 2011, 07:16 »
I get first choice...

Offline cajunbaby84

• Light User
« Reply #21 on: Oct 02, 2011, 08:48 »
There is still a couple of rooms left here in Fulton for rent.  Great location, quiet area, close to wal mart.  Leave msg with phone number on here for more info. 

Offline cajunbaby84

• Light User
« Reply #22 on: Oct 04, 2011, 07:15 »
Two rooms left at a great price and location. 

Offline hansonhills

• Lurker
« Reply #23 on: Jan 22, 2012, 09:45 »
Hanson Hills Campground
3643 CR 221
Kingdom City, MO 65262
(573) 642-8600
hanson.hills@gmail.com
Sterling & Mary Albright

www.hansonhillscampground.com
You can also check us out on facebook

Camper Rental $45/night - $600/Month
Full Hook-up Sites $28/night - $400/Month

JLlodging

« Reply #24 on: Sep 07, 2013, 09:49 »
Fulton home has separate living space for rent.  This is a Ranch Style home with a very large bedroom, 3/4 bathroom, and a large living space downstairs that I rent.  (furnished or unfurnished) The kitchen is upstairs and the laundry is down stairs and would be shared.   Rent is $425 monthly for an individual. This includes 2 Direct TV connections(1 in bedroom, 1 in living room), utilities, and Garage parking. This is a smoke free home.  Location is on HH approx. 2 miles beyond Hwy 54. 

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?