Hope Creek

Above Average
6 (22.2%)
Average
12 (44.4%)
Below Average
9 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Hope Creek  (Read 24961 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Hope Creek
« on: Nov 30, 2002, 07:03 »
Don't forget to vote.  Keep your comments civil.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Hope Creek
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2002, 08:46 »
Talk About: Hope Creek

dosecreek

Re: Talk About: Hope Creek
« Reply #2 on: Apr 03, 2003, 08:19 »
"The Crick" is scheduled for rf11 on april 15th, 2003. 19 days and change...very agressive schedule. 17 crd's to be pulled, had some minor fuel problems during the run...condenser in leakage is a prob now...hurry on over...short on techs as usual!

JassenB

Re: Hope Creek
« Reply #3 on: Feb 17, 2004, 07:51 »
Most voters have rated Hope Creek below average. Anybody have any particular reasons why?

Just checking things out before I stick it on my wish list.

Thanks!
-Jassen

IPREGEN

« Reply #4 on: Feb 18, 2004, 12:00 »
Salem & Hope Creek are about the same to me. Sites are okay, they all have their oddities. Not a great living area near the plant, never had a problem at any of the units. Keep busy, don't mess up the breakroom.

Chelios

« Reply #5 on: Feb 20, 2004, 11:25 »
I was at Salem, but not Hope. I can remember the access road and the perpetual radar traps day and night. You best do the speed limit. Zero tolerance policy. The area is kinda in the boonies. Salem is kind of rundown little town, so you almost have to stay in Delaware. They love their muskrat in a fine homemade merinade.

JassenB

« Reply #6 on: Feb 28, 2004, 11:05 »
Are you guys saying that the area is a slum, high crime, or just dilapidated and/or redneckish?

Nothing would bother me, except if it was a high crime area, probably.

The pay rate that has been tendered seems really, really low in comparison to other plants, but a job is a job for me at this point.

Thanks!
-Jassen

shamrockmaggie

« Reply #7 on: Aug 29, 2006, 09:08 »
  I worked Salem fall, 05 for the first time in 12 years.  I really like the hp dept but the town of Salem NJ is getting "down and out" looking.  There are motels that look pretty bad but some techs stayed in them.  I stay in Delaware but the drive across the Delaware Memrial Bridge got too challenging for me.  Many house techs drive from MD or PA every day and have to cross such bridges.  I got tired of the congestion and knowing you may be 1.5 hrs or more going about 40 miles.  BUT Hope Creek, spring 06 for the first time was a nightmare.  It was their first Exelon run outage and new hp supervision made it a bad outage for contractors.  The separation in supervision is getting more distinct between the two plants.  Salem is good--Hope Creek is bad.

Offline RRhoads

• Heavy User
  • it was like like that when i got here!
« Reply #8 on: Aug 29, 2006, 11:55 »
worked at Hope Creek years ago...what more could one say??

1)Exelon...if u have been around at ALL you know you it ain't gonna be good!
2) fricken NJ!...wouldn't be my 1st choice!
3)Long drive even from carneys point...there ain't no EASY way of getting to the plant!
Sooooo...what more info would you need ???

If you go ..get your runnin shoes on...or...there are other outages to work at.
you've been informed!@

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
  • Stop Talking, Just Do It!!!
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2009, 11:25 »
For the house folks at Hope Creek and Salem, I have a few questions.....

Do you live in New Jersey or Delaware?  What areas are the best as far as safe and good school districts?  I know to keep out of the city of Salem. 

I have an upcoming interview and would like to check out the areas while I'm there.

Thanks for any and all information.

Lorrie

vikingfan

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2009, 03:21 »
if you want to be in a metro area with grocery stores, shopping etc then i would check out new castle, or newark de. i was just there and the drive from newark to the plant is about 30-40 minutes.

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2009, 03:53 »
if you want to be in a metro area with grocery stores, shopping etc then i would check out new castle, or newark de. i was just there and the drive from newark to the plant is about 30-40 minutes.

Ditto on across the bridge if I was in your situation.  Old Newcastle s also very nice.  Pennsville is okay, it is the middle of the oreo.
LM

Valkrider

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2009, 11:59 »
For the house folks at Hope Creek and Salem, I have a few questions.....

Do you live in New Jersey or Delaware?  What areas are the best as far as safe and good school districts?  I know to keep out of the city of Salem. 

I have an upcoming interview and would like to check out the areas while I'm there.

Thanks for any and all information.

Lorrie

It will cost you more in taxes to live in NJ, but you won't have to deal with the bridge everyday and the long summer traffic jams on Friday nights.

Check out the Woodstown area...22 miles from the plant and small town living.  Looked long in Pennsville and didn't find any homes in my price range that didn't need a lot of work.

Offline LOKI RAD

• Light User
  • Don't Lie To Me Again!
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2009, 04:09 »
Bridgeton NJ wasnt a bad place to stay.

Pretty much anywhere but downtown Salem would be ok.  :D

Offline tymekeeper

• Light User
« Reply #14 on: Oct 14, 2010, 12:37 »
Heard a rumor that there was an incident recently where some people were fired in training for cheating on a test. Anyone know any particulars? True or not?

Offline techtoolong

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #15 on: Oct 19, 2010, 07:11 »
I am wondering ? what is the IBEW doing for supplemental workers at Salem/Hope Creek ?  Maybe you should vote in the other guys...NPUA,  They might actually represent you !

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?