Comanche Peak

Above Average
39 (75%)
Average
10 (19.2%)
Below Average
3 (5.8%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Comanche Peak  (Read 63023 times)

taterhead

Re: Comanche Peak
« Reply #25 on: Feb 05, 2008, 09:57 »
Hey, looking for someone with come contact info for HR/Ops...I am having a hard time getting the website to cooperate, and I am interested in a couple of positions there.  I want to make sure my resume is getting through.

Thanks in advance.  Please PM me.

*** Update***
I heard back from the head recruiter, the website is not working properly.  Use the link for website trouble to get directly in touch with the recruiters.
« Last Edit: Feb 08, 2008, 12:35 by taterhead »

phsbando

job opportunities
« Reply #26 on: Apr 14, 2008, 12:05 »
i was wondering what job opportunities are available or will become available within the next year. Is the facility always looking for people for reactor operators that are just out of the navy, or is there like a waiting list / rigorous interview process. I guess what i'm looking for is what are my chances of getting a job at the Comanche Peak facility. I'm getting out as a Qualified RO with 6 years and a bachelors in technology from Excelsior.
thanks for your time 

Hardy

Operator Hiring Schedule
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2008, 01:34 »
Does anyone have information on the Comanche Peak operator hiring schedule? I am a Navy Nuke preparing to separate and would do anything to get my foot in the door at Comanche Peak!!! Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Hardy

Offline matthew7899

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2008, 09:30 »
I had some luck here....

http://www.nukeworker.com/job/details/company/1216/

I contacted Darrell and he was very helpful with getting my resume out and about, it didn't seem as though they had any ops positions available though.

Matt

txsinvestments

Comanche Peak Lodging
« Reply #29 on: Jan 29, 2009, 11:41 »
We offer short and longer term corporate and shared housing throughout Texas.
For more info contact:

Pam Hardwick
817-789-6780

Offline STF

• Light User
« Reply #30 on: Mar 17, 2009, 08:44 »
I am looking at Comanche Peak and a few of the opportunities available.  Anybody know of their hiring practices and time frame?

Offline STF

• Light User
Relocation benefits
« Reply #31 on: Apr 26, 2009, 04:58 »
Anyone relocate with Comanche Peak?  If so how did it go?  Any snags to look for or problems that happened that you can pass along?

Content1

« Reply #32 on: Aug 19, 2009, 08:21 »
Did everyone see what they are paying for the outage at Comanche Peak! as his as $36/hr for Seriors? with over $109 per day per diem (Atlantic).   The shortage must be real for wages to jump like that.

Offline mars88

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #33 on: Aug 20, 2009, 05:50 »
that is a canard--they are factoring in the bonus money.

hushyamouf

Comanche Peak
« Reply #34 on: Oct 27, 2009, 06:21 »
Any rumors as to why the Peak has posted the RP Tech position 3+ times in the last year, year and a 1/2?

Buddy Sorrell

« Reply #35 on: Oct 27, 2009, 08:28 »
Might be because they are looking forward and see the need for more RP technicians!

hushyamouf

« Reply #36 on: Oct 28, 2009, 01:48 »
Aww! Good point. First step licence approval from the NRC, support from the local government... do I hear ground breaking?!!

Offline azezzo

• Very Lite User
has anyone worked at comanche peak in texas recently?
« Reply #37 on: Feb 04, 2010, 11:42 »
i just got a job offer yesterday to work at comanche peak as a scaffold builder, i have worked exelon plants in the past, 1st time traveling to texas, would appreciate any and all info on the place, i am going march 7th to process in.
I am Mike Clifford, was a 21 year union carpenter, worked Dresden, Braidwood, LaSalle, Quad Cities, D.C. Cook, and Commanche Peak. I used to partner with Mike Kumke. Now an ASO for Knolls Atomic Labs.

Offline crusemm

• Moderate User
« Reply #38 on: Feb 09, 2010, 08:49 »
Have a question for anyone working at Commanche Peak.  Please PM me.
Authentic truth is never simple and that any version of truth handed down from on high---whether by presidents, prime ministers, or archbishops---is inherently suspect.-Andrew Bacevich

Offline usmc72

• Very Lite User
« Reply #39 on: Feb 10, 2010, 10:31 »
for azezzo   Who did you contact for work at comanche peak? I have been trying to find out who has the scaffold contract. I do this and live roughly 60 miles from there.

Offline crusemm

• Moderate User
« Reply #40 on: Apr 15, 2010, 07:07 »
Anyone know the status of hiring for Equipment Operators at Comanche Peak?  Job board simply says "no longer accepting resumes"  Submitted my resume approx 1 month ago and have not heard nothing since then.  Just wondering if this is just the normal process or am I out of the running already?  Thanks for any info you can give me.
-Matt
« Last Edit: Apr 15, 2010, 09:38 by crusemm »
Authentic truth is never simple and that any version of truth handed down from on high---whether by presidents, prime ministers, or archbishops---is inherently suspect.-Andrew Bacevich

KenD

« Reply #41 on: Apr 16, 2010, 12:10 »
Anyone know the status of hiring for Equipment Operators at Comanche Peak?  Job board simply says "no longer accepting resumes"  Submitted my resume approx 1 month ago and have not heard nothing since then.  Just wondering if this is just the normal process or am I out of the running already?  Thanks for any info you can give me.
-Matt

I received a call from them last week.  They are currently scheduling POSS testing.

Pman52

« Reply #42 on: Feb 03, 2011, 06:27 »
Any current NLOs working at Comanche Peak on here?  If so I have questions.  I would greatly appreciate the insight if you could share it.  Please PM me.

Cathy

« Reply #43 on: Mar 10, 2012, 09:18 »
Luminant recently posted jobs for RP techs and RP trainer.

nsz8

« Reply #44 on: Mar 11, 2012, 02:06 »
It has been too long since I have worked out there. Sent Ruben a resume last night.

Offline rkrimes

• Very Lite User
« Reply #45 on: Apr 10, 2012, 08:57 »
 :) Comanche Peak was my very first outage in 2008.  Had no Idea what I was getting in for as my background had been in the Medical field for 20+ years.  My sister talked me into trying this industry.  Was surprised at how many tests there were at first and if you did not pass, you went home.  Told my husband at the time it might well be the most expensive vacation I've ever taken. Ha.. All ended well and am still in the business.  Lovely plant, area and people.  They took the time with me and trained me in Dosimetry.  Would love to go back there some day...

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?