Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Comanche Peak Lodging honeypot

Author Topic: Comanche Peak Lodging  (Read 30330 times)

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
  • Stop Talking, Just Do It!!!
Comanche Peak Lodging
« on: May 18, 2006, 06:56 »
Does anyone have any info?  I'd like to see the possibilities of a furnished apartment/house or a condo.

Thanks,
Lorrie
« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2007, 05:51 by Marlin »

Offline arizonie

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
Re: Talk About: Comanche Peak
« Reply #1 on: Aug 22, 2006, 04:34 »
i am a 3x hp returnee.

plant/people above average.

nearby non rv lodging was difficult/below average.

get ready to drive 40+miles from cleburne, stephensville or s. ft worth.
"JUST WIN BABY"

Chimera

« Reply #2 on: Aug 23, 2006, 10:23 »
I've been going to Comanche Peak for years.  The people are above average and the plant is kept clean and is fairly easy to get around in.  The contractor techs are treated pretty much the same as the house techs.  While I have seen some personality clashes, those are typical where ever you go.  So far, all the people I've worked with have been great and helpful.

Close lodging in Glen Rose and Granbury is adequate, but nothing to write home about.  I've always stayed in Glen Rose (closest).  The toilet flushes, plenty of hot water, the beds are okay, the TV is okay, and I don't spend a lot of time driving to and from work.  And it's close enough to Fort Worth and Dallas for my days off (except on race day).  That's all I need (laughing).

Nuke Lifer

« Reply #3 on: Oct 26, 2006, 01:36 »
I've worked 33 different plants, 25 years in the biz and will say, 'Comanche Peak is tops in my book'. Amicible staff and management.

But, if you're into night-life, this local area is not for you. Lodging is getting better and growing lime mad in Granbury. The next outage begining February 07 will be a biggy. Steam generators & head replacement. Just finished a 19 day outage successfully.

The on-site food leaves MUCH to be desired. $9 for a meal & drink. Pack a lunch.

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2007, 07:25 »
Go to shadyoakscottages.com for a place to stay. Better hurry, cause things fill up fast.
« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2011, 01:03 by Mike McFarlin »
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

midwaypines

Re: Comanche Peak Lodging
« Reply #5 on: Sep 15, 2009, 05:28 »
midwaypines RV park has clean cottages at reasonable rates.. 817-279-7925

HeatherB.

« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2011, 11:34 »
Hoof Prints Ranch in Stephenville.... Just found a comfy & clean place for my dog & I while working at CP.

It's a little bit of a drive (30-40 mins) but totally worth the low monthly rate, the scenery, the furnished cabin w/ kitchen, the horses in my backyard & the amazingly friendly manager Tandi.

Check it out... I'm looking fwd to this!   ;D

http://www.hoofprintsranch.com/htdocs/rental8.html

Offline woody82

• Lurker
« Reply #7 on: Sep 18, 2012, 03:54 »
Furnished 2BR/2BA cabin in Glen Rose available for the fall outage.  Very quiet setting and less than fifteen minutes to the plant.  Call for more details.  817-312-5601

Offline Townzen222

• Very Lite User
« Reply #8 on: Aug 19, 2013, 05:05 »
send me a msg if u need housing info
~~~~CPNPP~~~~~~

Comanche Peak Security.

COMFORT903

« Reply #9 on: Mar 06, 2014, 10:13 »
 All employees lodging needs for the upcoming outage in Glen Rose, TX. We have a set rate of $59.99 a night for anyone that is need of accommodation during this time. If some choose to double up during their stay, the set rate is $69.99 a night. We offer a full hot breakfast complimentary, fitness center, indoor pool and our guests have full access to the YMCA next door. We also have complimentary snacks and beverages offered Monday through Thursday. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you for your time, and your business would be greatly appreciated. If you have any questions please call  817-579-5559. Have a great day.

Comfort Suites
903 Harbor Lakes Drive
Granbury, TX 76048
PH: 817-579-5559
Fax: 817-579-5549[/color]

Offline indoprime

• HP on a stick
  • Moderate User
  • You got two choices..deal with it, or deal with it
« Reply #10 on: Mar 10, 2014, 08:33 »
Are there any places that rent by the week?  I'll be going there for this upcoming outage. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Excuses are tools of the incompetent which create monuments of nothingness, Those who specialize in their uses seldom achieve anything.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2014, 05:59 »
Recently moved to Glen Rose, and have been told there are from time to time, Comanche Peak
employees who need "temporary accommodations".  We will have a one bedroom, one bath,
separate guest cottage, furnished, with microwave, refrigerator & coffee maker---available
beginning July 1st.

a little rock cottage (one bedroom, one bath...
furnished.....+ micro wave, coffee maker, & refrigerator.......in
downtown  Glen Rose-- which we will rent for:  $800.00 per month--
(which includes utilities & clean sheets every week)--and for an
additional $100 per month, we'll wash clothing---It's totally
private....... separate from our home, with a private entrance.
Smoking only permitted OUTSIDE---

If you are interested, please contact Gary James @ this e-mail address:    carnacf8@swtexas.net
or call:  (830) 796-0661 for any questions you might have.

Pomhouse

« Reply #12 on: Aug 26, 2014, 10:25 »
Hi - We have the Pomegranate House & Cottages Bed and Breakfast in Granbury - about a half hour from Commanche.  We do not include breakfast in our rates for long term stays.  We have individual cottages with just a bedroom and a bath, small refrigerator and public microwave.  We also have a three bedroom/2bath house and we have two beautiful full apartments downtown on the square which have full kitchens and sleeping for up to three.  We love having outage folks so give us a call and we'll try to accommodate you as best we can.  Our phone number is 817-279-7412 and our website (ignore the online prices) is www.pomhouse.com.   We look forward to working with you!  Sara

Offline indoprime

• HP on a stick
  • Moderate User
  • You got two choices..deal with it, or deal with it
« Reply #13 on: Aug 26, 2014, 02:02 »
Glen Rose Inn is a great place to stay. 

www.glenroseinnandsuites.com

Rates are usually about $250/wk...location is great. (5-10minutes from site).  Food not too bad, my favorite place is the BAYOU, (Ive had EVERYTHING on their menu).
Excuses are tools of the incompetent which create monuments of nothingness, Those who specialize in their uses seldom achieve anything.

Offline MercTech

• Light User
  • Gotta Glow for the Dough
Re: Comanche Peak NPP
« Reply #14 on: Sep 02, 2014, 10:31 »
If pulling an RV; Glen Rose Campground is a nice one with one caveat.

Their wifi is near unusable due to net nanny type software installed.  Much more than email is blocked.  You can't view netflix or even yourtube.
Steven Jerkins
Have dose records, will travel

Offline Good_Luck06

• Lurker
« Reply #15 on: Sep 02, 2014, 05:32 »
I work at Comanche Peak and live in a house in Glen Rose.  It's a very close to the plant.  I have two rooms available for the upcoming outage.  Weekly or monthly rates available.  Full use of living room, kitchen, washer-dryer.  High speed internet and premium cable, pet friendly.  No smoking in the house.  Call or text for more info and availability.  915-309-8024               

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #16 on: Sep 07, 2014, 02:57 »
Working on "readying up"  2 separate one bedroom private entrance places........

They'll each be one bedroom......bath.....with small refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, private entrance......NON SMOKING
              can smoke outside the room, etc.-------

Won't have them "ready to go", most likely until the last week of SEPTEMBER.

E-MAIL ADDRESS.......which we check 5 times a day...........is:          msglenrose@yahoo.com

Gary & Linda James
(830) 796-0661
Glen Rose, TX

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #17 on: Oct 22, 2014, 02:06 »
We have a room available. We live in Glen Rose.....about one block off of the square. This is a little guest house.....private entrance, one bedroom, bath---a/c & heat....wifi ready...refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker--NON SMOKING, please----but, tenant may smoke outside.  We'll do all linens once a week.....and should tenant need us to do other laundry, we'll do that for a price, as well.   Please feel free to give them our e-mail address and/or our phone number:   (830) 796-0661.

Oh yes.....cable t.v., too!!!  We'll stock the coffee, sugar and creamer on a weekly basis!!!

Gary & Linda James

Offline Fesanite

• Lurker
« Reply #18 on: Aug 17, 2015, 03:54 »
Does anyone have any info?  I'd like to see the possibilities of a furnished apartment/house or a condo.

Thanks,
Lorrie
I know of a efficiency apartment off of Highway 51 and Thomas RD.  It is a wonderful "private" Efficiency suite cozy quiet and clean.  Water front on Long Creek, Lake Granbury. One bedroom/one bath and kitchenette.  Please contact: Gloria Hood at 817 637-0545 or email at:glhconcepts@aol.com  Pictures available.

Offline dursh

• Lurker
« Reply #19 on: Jan 13, 2016, 11:32 »
Hey guys and gals!

I know this is probably late but I wanted to stop by to let you guys know about lodging accommodations. I am the General Manager of the Candlewood Suites In Weatherford, Tx which is about 45 miles away from Comanche Peak. We have full kitchens, free laundry machines, and night housekeeping is available depending on how many night guests we have in house. We do have specials for Comanche Peak visitors/crews! Since we are a IHG BRAND part of the Holiday Inn brand we also have the IHG Rewards loyalty program so you can earn your points while staying with us! I attached a YouTube video of our exact hotel the only difference now is we have new and updated bedding that look a lot nicer! If you need anything or need more information please do not hesitate to call me directly at 817-201-9344 or the hotel 817-599-9999.

Chetan Panchal
General Manager
Candlewood Suites
215 Alford Drive
Weatherford, Tx 76087
817-201-9344
operationswfdcw@gmail.com
« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2016, 12:20 by dursh »

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
  • This aggression will not stand, man.
« Reply #20 on: Mar 02, 2016, 10:45 »
Does anyone have any recommendations for RV parks near the plant? I see that there are several to pick from, but was wondering if any stand out as better. Good WiFi, rates, etc...

Thanks
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

TailgateRanch

« Reply #21 on: Nov 13, 2017, 08:37 »
The Tailgate Ranch in Walnut Springs is available at a discounted price for Comanche Peak workers. 

You'll need to send me a reservation request via Air BnB (https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/19657461?guests=2&adults=2&infants=0&children=0&location=Walnut%20Springs%2C%20TX%2C%20United%20States), and I'll respond with the per person rate.  We have a 3 bedroom furnished and stocked house on 10 acres, only 15 minutes away from the Comanche Peak facility.  We also have a few 30 amp power sources and an outhouse with toilets and showers for those who prefer to bring a small RV. Shoot me an email or send me a message thru Airbnb.  Thanks! ~Julia @ The Tailgate Ranch

Offline Tattoo

• Very Lite User
« Reply #22 on: Nov 12, 2018, 11:13 »
Anyone know of a decent spot for the upcoming outage?  I'll be starting the 25th.  TIA!

Offline mdylewski@redroof.com

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
20% Off at Red Roof Hotels and HomeTowne Studios
« Reply #23 on: Mar 07, 2019, 11:31 »
Red Roof offers 20% off for all outage workers at all Red Roof and HomeTowne Studios hotels nationwide!
https://www.redroof.com/deals/partner/bhi_energy
Click the link or call the hotel and give VP+ #621355 when making your reservations.
« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2019, 12:21 by Marlin »

Offline DinosaurValleyRVPark

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #24 on: Mar 24, 2020, 12:08 »
New RV Park just a few miles from Comanche Peak- Dinosaur Valley RV Park 1-888-996-3466. Full Hookups, Pull-throughs www.dinosaurvalleyrvpark.com. Outage rates!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?