Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Lane Betts honeypot

Author Topic: Lane Betts  (Read 17726 times)

IRHPPH

Lane Betts
« on: Jan 15, 2004, 09:58 »
I have been told that Lane Betts has passed away from a heart attack.  Does anyone have any information on this? 

bluejay

Re: Lane Betts
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2004, 01:58 »
 :'(
I'm afraid it is true.  Here is the information if anyone would like to send flowers.  He will be missed very much. 

Lane Betts died January 12, 2004 from a heart attack.  Graveside services will be held at 3:00 pm January 16 at Manasota Memorial Park in Bradenton.  Arrangements are being made by Brown & Sons Funeral Home, 5624 26th Street W., Bradenton, FL  34207, 941-758-7788.  A memorial gathering will be held on Saturday, January 17, at 1106 Mallorca Drive in Bradenton from 2:00 at the home of his parents.

« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2004, 05:40 by Kristy Inman »

Industry_event

« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2004, 03:49 »
Wow! Where did that come from? Lane was such a young guy. I can't believe he has passed. Lane was such a funny tech. Man put him on your control point and you knew it was gonna be a fun outage. I hate to see him go. He was a great tech, a great dad and a good friend. We will truly miss him.  Next time I'm at Hatch I'll order up some of that fried chicken for you Bro. Rome
« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2004, 03:52 by Industry_event »

whosez

Lane Betts
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2004, 06:02 »
Lane B. Betts, Sanford
Lane B. Betts, 42, of Sanford, formerly of Bradenton, died January 12, 2004.

Graveside services are 3 p.m. Friday, January 16, at Manasota Memorial Park in Bradenton. A memorial gathering will be from 2-8 p.m., Saturday, January 17 at 1106 Mallorca Drive in Bradenton. Brown & Sons Funeral Homes, 43rd Street Chapel, in charge.

« Last Edit: Feb 03, 2004, 01:41 by HydroDave63 »

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
  • I like being around smart people
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2004, 06:30 »
I was just thinking about him the other day. I had alot of good times working with Lane at Hatch and other places.

I'll miss him as i'm sure lots of others will too.
« Last Edit: Feb 03, 2004, 01:42 by HydroDave63 »
Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself--he will never cease to be amused
Think twice and say nothing..Chiun
I'm as big a fool as anyone..And bigger than most.. Odd Thomas

nuclearnomad

« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2004, 10:01 »
lane was my roomrate for six months last year I would like to say  their is nothing  he loved more than his family  he was one of the most exeperienced tech I have  EVER worked with my feelings can not explain how much sorrow I have  for his family  god bless
« Last Edit: Feb 03, 2004, 01:43 by HydroDave63 »

RADBASTARD

« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2004, 10:09 »
I am shocked to here of lanes passing at such a young age.I worked with him at beaver and n ILL.
My heart goes out to his family.

can anybody tell me how he passed away.

Offline Carolina Jethro

• Safety Manager
  • Heavy User
  • Why not us?
« Reply #7 on: Jan 16, 2004, 07:59 »
I am very sorrowed to hear of Lane pasing away. I had worked with Lane at Hatch and Indian Point 3. During the Indian Point outage i got to know him pretty good. He did love his family and talked about them all the time. He also enjoyed life and always seemed to be in a good mood. He will be missed by family and friends. My prayers go out to his family.
« Last Edit: Feb 03, 2004, 01:44 by HydroDave63 »

Offline Meltdown

• Moderate User
  • Who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?             $upporting Member
« Reply #8 on: Jan 16, 2004, 08:29 »
Lane was the most friendly, decent human being I've ever known. He always had a funny story to tell, or a witty remark to make.

We roomed at Hatch a couple of times, and 'nomad is right - he was crazy about Tommie and the kids. I had the pleasure of meeting them all at once a couple of years ago - what a cool family.

My kids thought the world of him too. He could relate to just about anybody, and make them feel they had known him for years. He will be missed.

We used to have these great religious arguments for days on end. I guess now he knows who was right.

God bless, Lane... vaya con Dios.

Meltdown
PS: Just spoke with the funeral home - no word on a memorial fund. Anybody know how to start one? I'd rather do that than blow it on flowers.
« Last Edit: Feb 03, 2004, 01:44 by HydroDave63 »
Meltdown

"I know that there is an eye that watches all of us. There is a judgment that weighs everything we do. And before this great force, which is greater than any government, I stand in awe and I kneel in respect." L. Cohen

wave_theory

« Reply #9 on: Jan 16, 2004, 02:38 »
It was a very sad day when I got this news.

I worked with Lane back in 1990 and 91 at San Onofre and were on the rerack crew togethor for a lot of that time.

Even back then, Lane was the happiest guy I have ever known and his outlook on life was just an inspiration.  He was a big dreamer, but with his faith you knew he could achieve anything he wanted to.

I found him by email a couple of years ago on this site and we caught up with each others lives about our families, homeschooling, and life in general.

I was looking forward to seeing him again some day and meeting his family...

My prayers to his wife and six (?) kids.  What a loss for his kids to have such a great dad and to lose him so early.

Carl Thorne
« Last Edit: Feb 03, 2004, 01:45 by HydroDave63 »

Ladyradhp39

« Reply #10 on: Jan 16, 2004, 03:21 »
I worked with Lane many places. The last place was IP3 or IP2. Lane was so helpful to everyone. He gave many me words of wisdom. I could go to Lane with any problem and he would offer help or advice. I remember he was trying to loose weight during the 1999 outage at IP3 and he drank only fluids. I could never have accomplished his goals. He had high goals concerning everything. I agree he was an excellent technician. The industry has lost another fine person in this small world we live.

I have not read the circumstances for his passing. Someone has to know.

I am here in Florida but too far to come a pay my respects for him and his beloved family.  My God be with them.
« Last Edit: Feb 03, 2004, 01:45 by HydroDave63 »

janet

« Reply #11 on: Jan 16, 2004, 04:20 »
I was shocked when I saw that Lane had passed away. I worked with him in so many plants, and he was so much fun and a very good tech. I know that he is with his Lord, he had such a strong faith, along with Tommie and his children. He loved to pray. I guess things happen for a reason, since he flew back from CA that day. He just buried his father-in-law. Tommie has a very strong faith also, but two people you love so very much, going to live with the Lord in less then two weeks, must be very hard. I'll miss him.
« Last Edit: Feb 03, 2004, 01:46 by HydroDave63 »

slattmandu

« Reply #12 on: Jan 16, 2004, 07:46 »
So sorry to hear about Lane. Our prayers are with you. What a shock I just worked with Lane at Cook this fall. He was a great tech. and a really easy going, friendly guy.

thedon3

« Reply #13 on: Jan 18, 2004, 05:17 »
I just heard of the news tonight about Lane. He was a great person. He worked with us at IP3 for a couple of outages. It was a pleasure working with him. If anyone knows of any type of memorial fund, please let me know. 
Thanks
Bob Solanto

Offline Meltdown

• Moderate User
  • Who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?             $upporting Member
« Reply #14 on: Jan 18, 2004, 07:01 »
How 'bout we skip the intermediate steps and just send something to his parents address made out to T. Betts?

1106 MALLORCA DR 
BRADENTON FL  34209-3332

I believe the kid count is up to 7.
Meltdown

"I know that there is an eye that watches all of us. There is a judgment that weighs everything we do. And before this great force, which is greater than any government, I stand in awe and I kneel in respect." L. Cohen

BANSHEE_BOY

« Reply #15 on: Jan 19, 2004, 11:44 »
I worked with Lane many times the last several years, he was a great guy with big dreams, but one thing was for sure the loved his wife and kids! He will be missed!
« Last Edit: Feb 03, 2004, 01:47 by HydroDave63 »

Sourcecheck

« Reply #16 on: Jan 19, 2004, 03:04 »
I can't believe this bad news!  Lane was a really good guy and great tech.  All the posts are true about how he loved his family!  I worked with Lane at Oconee several times and will remember him fondly........I have heard that he had a heart attack!  Is it true?  God bless Tommie & Family

Offline radmax

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #17 on: Jan 19, 2004, 07:36 »
What a shock.  Worked with him at Hatch, and Lane and I shared a condo at St. Lucie a few years back. Great roomate!  He was working real hard at starting up a new staffing firm with Tommie's dad. 
Tommie brought the kids up several times, and we had a few long talks, as I was going thru a separation at the time.  My heart and prayers truly go out to her.
I had tried to get in touch with him several times in the past few years, but to no avail. 
Tommie, if you read this, please know how many people out here are praying for you and the kids.
Rick Urban
Yuma, AZ
« Last Edit: Feb 03, 2004, 01:42 by HydroDave63 »
It's just too damn'd early in the morning to be this damn'd early in the morning!

Offline Meltdown

• Moderate User
« Reply #18 on: Jan 20, 2004, 07:20 »
I spoke with a friend who talked with Lane's Dad yesterday. Apparently he had a high blood pressure condition and died in his sleep.

Some friends have put together a site with pix. If anybody has any shots of Lane at work I'm sure they would love to have them.

http://flcp.com/remembering/lane.htm
« Last Edit: Jan 20, 2004, 09:49 by Nuclear NASCAR »
Meltdown

Bob

« Reply #19 on: Feb 02, 2004, 11:18 »
I am totally shocked reading about the passing of Lane. I worked with Lane and hung out with him at Limerick in the mid 90s. We kept in touch for a couple of years before I went up to Canada to work.
Turned him into a bit of a beer connesseuir.
Damn. Life is too short. I know. I have been recovering from cancer treatment the last year and a half.
I raise my mug to you Lane. I'm glad I met you. You were a good man. My sincere condolences to Lane's family.
Bob Skelly

dragent11

« Reply #20 on: Aug 04, 2004, 07:56 »
Lane will be missed!

exocom

« Reply #21 on: Oct 17, 2004, 04:23 »
   I'm sorry to hear about Lane, my condolences to his family. I worked with him many times at Oconee. We had many discussions over all kinds of subjects much of it way too serious, but he would immediately light up when the conversation turned to his family the joy of his life. I will miss my friend greatly.  :( :(
God bless his wife and children.

Sincerely,
                                                                                Larry Brantley

Offline makua13

• Light User
  • Live Aloha
« Reply #22 on: Oct 18, 2004, 10:24 »
Remembering Lane has been moved to a new site:
www.lanebetts.com
A very nice site for a very nice man and fun Tech to work with.
Live Aloha

maddhatter1965

« Reply #23 on: Mar 06, 2005, 06:49 »
I worked a few outages with Lane, and he was one of the most "laid back'' guys you would ever meet.He always had a smile,and loved his family more than anything in this world.A real cool cat.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?