Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Knolls Atomic Power Lab - Kesselring (KAPL)

Author Topic: Knolls Atomic Power Lab - Kesselring (KAPL)  (Read 13138 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Knolls Atomic Power Lab - Kesselring (KAPL)
« on: Jan 28, 2003, 07:14 »
Talk About: KAPL
« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2004, 12:43 by Rennhack »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2003, 07:24 »
Don't forget to vote.  Keep your comments civil.
« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2006, 08:40 by Rennhack »

new_york

« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2003, 01:09 »
Anybody know about Kesselring ?

dbandcjs

« Reply #3 on: Oct 10, 2004, 11:22 »
I'm going to worker there as an in house RCT, for KAPL.  How is the work environment compared to commercial plants? 

damad1

« Reply #4 on: Oct 10, 2004, 01:42 »
I was there as a instructor ten years ago. Parking at the time could be a pain, especially when it was nasty cold, but my clearest memory was of the security guards, who all acted as though they were seals or something great. They were pretty proud of themselves, but from an outsider looking in, they were very similar to the keystone cops!

One of the staff found a guards personal weapon in the bathroom stall one time! The guard went in, set down the weapon, and when he had finished his business, left without it!

Work enviroment wise, in the plants, was pretty good. The entire crew, civilians and military use to go out for chicken wings and beer on Thursdays to peabody's, if it is still there, and have a reall good time. But that was ten years ago, might have changed!

Chelios

« Reply #5 on: Oct 11, 2004, 11:14 »
If you like being a robot, you'll fit in fine. Just listen to what they say and repeat it back verbatim. If you are comfortable with someone always looking over your shoulder and second guessing everything you do, you'll be okay. If you enjoy weekly drills where minutia is treated as a major catastrophic event, you'll have a blast. The thumb rules!

Waffleman5000

« Reply #6 on: Oct 12, 2004, 12:57 »
I am here now...and it doesn't sound like much has changed.  The guards still think they are special ops.  As far as work enviroment goes...I am a contractor OUTSIDE the fence doing some land work, and I like it here.  A place to stay is kinda pricey, but they give me lots of PD.

shayne

« Reply #7 on: Feb 23, 2005, 09:26 »
I didn't think it was too bad there.  However I was just a Navy Operator there for 4 years prior to 9/11.  Security started changing real quick after 9/11, but I was only a few days from separating from the Navy at that point.  So I'm sure it has only gotten worse than I ever thought it was.

PapaBear765

Re: Knolls Atomic Power Lab - Kesselring (KAPL)
« Reply #8 on: Oct 25, 2008, 11:17 »
I didn't think it was too bad there.  However I was just a Navy Operator there for 4 years prior to 9/11.  Security started changing real quick after 9/11, but I was only a few days from separating from the Navy at that point.  So I'm sure it has only gotten worse than I ever thought it was.

Are you guys talking about working for KAPL at the NY prototype site in Saratoga Springs or are you referring to the research site down a little more south by Schenectady?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?