Facility & Company Information > Limerick

Limerick

<< < (2/6) > >>

Rad Sponge:
Check out the careers section at Exelon's web page.

I only know of 1 RP job at Limerick.

R/

Jason

Rad Sponge:
I concur with Illegal. Come in for the outage and you will have access to everyone you need to know. I am not at liberty to give out contact info, but if you PM me you can send me your resume and I will pass it on to and RP supervisor.

Jason

nowhereman:
just finished up at Limerick, (RP) and this has to be the "one" outage out of my 25 years that I will say "never" again .......the only redeeming  factors were the great house techs and it is a clean plant..........however the Bartlett office can really screw this up........ they hold this outage over your head.....in order to get into your next outage .....and they say , oh yea this will be a 4 week outage(ha, ha only 17 days when I get here) and after traveling through many states to get here, on the second week of 40's(joy!) in order to be rested for the outage  we get 4 days off in a row(with PD.....however who wants 4 days off in Pottstown , PA?)
well not enough contractor RP's available, so you spend most of the day running, but thats a standard now anyway......

well the big  burn on this job was the layoff......they  tell a few RP's oh yea you can stay a week or so after the big layoff, then turn right around and say sorry we have to let you go, so we can keep the Swedish techs......(I have nothing personal against the swede's)
but, the swede's contractor  does not have to bridge the swedes PD between jobs, let the utility pick up the cost...........the true cost is maybe next time we can look in over the fence and say.....we used to work in there........and for those who can offer patronizing comments, you will be  standing next to me looking over the fence.......

klsas:
The Swede's and the Croatian were scheduled for first layoff. However, the four American techs decided to take first layoff. For various reasons, we all took the first layoff. That made the drywell extremely short of techs. They extended the Swede's and the Croatian at the last minute. What happened after we left, I have no knowledge of. I'm sure that thing could have been handled different after we left, but it wasn't the original plan to have the Swede's staying past the first layoff.

Keith

nowhereman:
Noticeably distinct is the absence of any Bartlett response, if Eric  could put a positive spin on this....  I will eat my  words....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version