Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Livermore

Author Topic: Livermore  (Read 9566 times)

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
Livermore
« on: Apr 08, 2004, 11:37 »
If anyone has a favorite hang out, place to shop, or local information for this area please post it here.

madhatter

Livermore
« Reply #1 on: Oct 09, 2007, 03:36 »
What kind of work is going on at LLNL? Who is the contractor? Any info would be helpful.

studmeistersreveng

Livermore
« Reply #2 on: Nov 13, 2007, 08:14 »
Stay away from Livermore.  They are getting ready to make some big cuts.  The management team here learned absolutely nothing from the Los Alamos transition.  They are making the same mistakes.

Vasagi

Livermore
« Reply #3 on: Nov 15, 2007, 01:08 »
I was just notifed I am being laid off from LLNL yesterday. I have been working on a BS in Nuc. Eng. and have a year left to complete it with hopes to become an HP somewhere. Now I am stuck debating whether to utilize my Q clearance at another DOE complex or enter the civilian power plant world (I was an ELT submariner for 6 years).

I just don't know what to do at this point. It seems that the power plant option requires doing temporary work to get my foot in the door of a plant. I never really considered going to a power plant until now that I am faced with this situation.

FYI they are laying off 500 people immediately and possibly quite a lot more than that in January.
« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2007, 01:11 by Vasagi »

Offline 105KW

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Livermore House Job
« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2009, 02:40 »
Looks like some of our guys are getting interviews with LLNL. Can someone tell the about LLNL ? What would be the pay expectation ? Cost of living in the area ? Where to live and not to live .  Adavantages to taking the job vs not taking the job at LLNL. Most of the guys are SRCT's from other DOE sites. Any input would be appreciated

Thanks !
105KW
Lost in the desert

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?