Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Los Alamos Lodging

Author Topic: Los Alamos Lodging  (Read 19896 times)

stickman

Los Alamos Lodging
« on: Jan 29, 2004, 09:48 »
Check this local web page
http://www.losalamos.com/

Bring lots of money local area is very $$ plus the town shuts down at 8pm.

Also during the summer when the students come back housing goes away.

Santa Fe is ~ 50 miles away (Best Choice over the valley)

Good Luck

The Stickman
« Last Edit: Jan 10, 2010, 02:50 by Rennhack »

Offline DecommMan

• Leave the Decommissioning to us.
  • Moderate User
Los Alamos Contracts
« Reply #1 on: Jun 09, 2004, 01:30 »
Best Western on Trinity is a good spot to stay.  Some people say to stay in White Rock.
Decomm Man

BuddyThePug

Los Alamos Contracts
« Reply #2 on: Jun 09, 2004, 04:44 »
If you are staying long-term, there is a mobile home park about a mile south of the Lab, not too bad of an area, more affordable than being up in the hills.

alphadude

Los Alamos Contracts
« Reply #3 on: Jul 08, 2005, 07:47 »
im taking a waste management job there, any towns or areas to avoid? ive never been there.

Offline DJ@Retired

• Moderate User
  • Just Win Baby! Well Maybe Next Year!
Re: Los Alamos National Lab (LANL) Lodging
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2010, 12:08 »
Going to LANL need things to do, places to stay,good places Eat. any help would be appreciated
A good friend will bail you out of jail. A great friend will be sitting next to you saying "Dam, that was Fun"

Offline RRhoads

• Heavy User
  • it was like like that when i got here!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2010, 01:15 »
I thought you were house at Clinton???

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 07, 2010, 01:43 »
I thought you were house at Clinton???

Look at his username.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #7 on: Jan 08, 2010, 07:52 »
Going to LANL need things to do, places to stay,good places Eat. any help would be appreciated

There isn't much to do there.  There are a few Nuclear museums in the area that I enjoyed.  10,000 waves spa for a massage and hot tub, its top 10 in the world.

Offline DJ@Retired

• Moderate User
« Reply #8 on: Jan 08, 2010, 10:09 »
Well Hell that's Something. Did you like working their?
A good friend will bail you out of jail. A great friend will be sitting next to you saying "Dam, that was Fun"

Offline DJ@Retired

• Moderate User
« Reply #9 on: Jan 09, 2010, 06:22 »
Leaving in a hour wish me luck and a save voyaged. For thoughts who believe a pray for a safe trip would be nice. To my Nuclear Family "What Long Crazy Trip Its Been" "The Grateful Dead"

Offline ladyinrad

• Very Lite User
« Reply #10 on: Jan 09, 2010, 11:15 »
I liked Los Alamos-people were good. Not much to do there, but they do have Papa Murphys and the 50's Diner was good. Short term you can stay at the Ashley-they have large rooms and were remodeling so the prices for the rooms were dirt cheap back in the summer.

If you prefer housing instead of hotel-let me know and I can give you a contact for a condo behing White Rock training. Nicest place I found and price was reasonable.

Offline cajunbaby84

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #11 on: Jan 09, 2010, 11:31 »
Ladyinrad can you send me a private email so I can talk to you about Los Alamos and lodging..

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #12 on: Jan 10, 2010, 02:49 »
Well Hell that's Something. Did you like working their?

I didn't dislike it, but I was only there a few months.

Offline DJ@Retired

• Moderate User
Re: Los Alamos Lodging
« Reply #13 on: Jan 10, 2010, 06:34 »
I'm here in Santa Fe and I have to say I miss Clinton Il a whole lot. NOT

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #14 on: Jan 11, 2010, 09:28 »
DJ,
If you like the outdoors, it is a great place.
LM

Offline Duke

• Very Lite User
« Reply #15 on: Jun 10, 2013, 11:48 »
Anyone got any new info on Lodging in this area? Like to cook my own meals as I am a diabetic-motels/hotels not my top choice because of this-extended stay with kitchen would be sweet!
Thanks,
Duke

Offline indoprime

• HP on a stick
  • Moderate User
  • You got two choices..deal with it, or deal with it
« Reply #16 on: Jun 10, 2013, 03:45 »
No extended stays there.  How ever, the apt rental place is very accommodating.  Shannon Corp has a lot of rentals in the area.  As far as hotels go, (and being a diabetic also), the hotel scene is not the best.
Excuses are tools of the incompetent which create monuments of nothingness, Those who specialize in their uses seldom achieve anything.

SATConsultant

« Reply #17 on: Jun 12, 2013, 09:16 »
Spent almost a year there and absolutely loved the Santa Fe seen.  Lots of great ethnic food, art seen was fantastic, but not a whole lot of night life for a younger person.  Did a lot of traveling in the area and skiing in the winter.  I found that the drive from Santa Fe was worth the distance.  In spring, summer and fall the drive was about 30 to 40 minutes but winter was a little different.  Climbing the mountain to LA was in some cases a hazardous affair but they do keep it pretty clean when the opportunity arises.  Not much as far as housing in LA proper.  A lot of over priced homes and shabby apts.  Condos in SF are spendy but if you shop you can find the better priced ones.  Homes are generally very expensive.  Try to stay on the north side of SF and the trip is a lot easier.  They were building a lot of townhouse/condo type areas as I was leaving.  White Rock is very convenient but lacks a more respectable life style.  Good Luck.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?