Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Palo Verde Lodging
honeypot

Author Topic: Palo Verde Lodging  (Read 93770 times)

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
Palo Verde Lodging
« on: Sep 26, 2006, 04:39 »
If anyone has any information on lodging please post it here.

You might try to rent a trailer from Linda at the Stage Stop at Wintersburg Rd. Call 623 386-1601
Or try Crossland in phoenix 602 272-8571.

Best Western  623-932-3210
Comfort Inn   623-932-9191
super 8 motel 623-932-9622
buckeye motor hotel  623-386-4536

apartments

desert gardens 623-935-6479
camelot apartments 623-386-5647
buckeye villa 623-246-4839
« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2007, 09:36 by Marlin »

HPKC

Re: Palo Verde
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2007, 12:52 »
"For $250K you will get a 2500 square foot 4-5 bedroom with a pool and 3 car. I live In Peoria AZ".

Where are you looking?  I live in Goodyear and my house at 1836 sq. ft., 3 bed/2 1/2 bath, 2 car garage is worth $300K by two appraisals we had done this last year (Jan & Dec).  The house across the street from me at 1200 sq. ft, 2 bed/2 bath, den, no pool, 2 car garage, sold for $250K.
« Last Edit: Jan 25, 2007, 12:54 by HPKC »

bskalak

« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2007, 01:12 »
If you need a place to stay while working at Palo Verde, please consider:

Camelot Apartments
1022 E. Narramore Ave.
Buckeye, AZ  85326
623-386-5647

We have 80 units, 40 1BR and 40 2BR, 2 Bath
All are in excellent condition. We have covered parking.

You will find that several of the other large apartment complexes in Buckeye are part low-income with rent determined by income level. High wage workers will be charged very high rent.

We charge the same regardless of income.

We also offer short term rentals, perfect for short term employment.

Check us out at www.camelotapts.com

Offline justme

• Moderate User
« Reply #3 on: Aug 14, 2007, 03:39 »
Has anyone stayed in any of these motels lately?  Am going to Palo for about 2 weeks and have read reviews online about these motels.  Most were not good.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

You might try to rent a trailer from Linda at the Stage Stop at Wintersburg Rd. Call 623 386-1601

apartments

[/quote]
It is what it is!

Offline Imaginos

• Moderate User
« Reply #4 on: Aug 14, 2007, 06:05 »
The *932-* places are probably a little nicer than what's in Buckeye, but will be a good 30 - 40 minute drive (nearly all Interstate) to the plant. I can't imagine you'd get an apartment for a 2 week gig. And, respectfully, why in the world are you going to Palo Verde for 2 weeks when a 75 day outage starts in about six weeks?
"I'm not quiet; I just don't demand to be heard." ---George Harrison

Offline roadhp

• Moderate User
  • Playing in the bathtub!!!
« Reply #5 on: Aug 14, 2007, 06:34 »
Stayed at Desert Gardens II last outage and the Unit 1 Maintenance outage last year.  Nice place, weekly rates, furnished, but expensive.  2 BR, 1 Bath was $2000/month furnished, electric water and phone included.  Swimming pool, workout room is included, and you can usually piggyback on wireless or rent one of their DSL's if you're there long enough.  It is a 40-50 minute drive to the gate, but it is mostly interstate.  Will be staying in Buckeye this outage at Main Street Lofts.  See ya there.
Brave, brave Sir Robin, set forth from Camelot!!!!

Offline techtoolong

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #6 on: Aug 15, 2007, 09:58 »
I stayed at Camelot in Buckeye this spring.  It is not furnished, rented furniture from rentway.  Total for a 2 bedroom with a washer and dryer was about $1500.00. Rent $950 and furniture $550.00.  The manager was great and let the furnture people in to deliver and pick up.  No hassles.  No internet,  free cable T.V. Not much in Buckeye but this was a good month to month no problems deal. 

Offline Raze

• Very Lite User
« Reply #7 on: Aug 17, 2007, 08:29 »
Newbie with questions:

Anybody know any Trailer Parks in the area?  I'm hitting the road for the first time with the family 26' trailer (spacious for one, perhaps.  30 AMP).  Any assistance or suggestions would be appreciated.  I'm finding nothing googling for Palo Verde trailer park locations, though this site does list a handful of relatively useless Phoenix phone number's.

I'm hoping that there's something much closer to Palo Verde than the Google Map results that place every park in the middle of Phoenix.  Further refining to the Wintersburg area get's me locations more westerly, but mostly repeats Phoenix locations.

I'll continue to look on my own, but any tips/info are appreciated.  Preference to a modern park (internet, etc.).  If it matter's, I'm heading in from southern Texas (Galveston).

Offline Imaginos

• Moderate User
« Reply #8 on: Aug 18, 2007, 03:24 »
This is the trailer park behind the Wintersburg General Store.

Offline Raze

• Very Lite User
« Reply #9 on: Aug 19, 2007, 05:04 »
Gotcha.  The subtleties of English across our country.  I was able to locate a pair of RV Parks in the Wintersburg area with refined searches and Google Earth.  I imagine "Stage Stop RV," 2 miles from Palo Verde, is the one you had been referring to.  Saddle Mountain RV is next, about 20 minutes away in the middle of Tonopah.

Gonna call them, get the info, and hopefully relay it here for the use of others.

Edit: It seems Stage Stop is mostly just the older of the two.  And closer, of course.  Saddlemountain RV is closed on Sunday's (today), but their web site did a fair job of answering the same questions I asked Stage Stop.  They (Stage Stop) claim to have more available as far as having a store, diner, etc. nearby.  I've decided to go with them, and reserved "their last slot" just now.  No idea if that was a really lame attempt to get another customer or not.  Doesn't matter - the newer RV park further away would have been consolation if that last slot was gone later anyway.  In this guys own words, both locations are "in the middle of nowhere," but I already knew that from Google Earth (~45 miles from Phoenix).

Other information I got was that it's $200/month + Electricty (dependant on what you use).  Internet and TV you also take care of.  I didn't ask about what the Direct TV setup normally costs people, but the internet was $29-$50 depending on what you wanted as far as bandwidth and limits, and is done by somebody they can refer you to.  I've seen these internet setups before...probably just a big square plate they aim at some transmitter they place in the middle of town or something - not normally the best connection, but it works.  Finally, they do have laundry/shower facilities.
« Last Edit: Aug 19, 2007, 06:07 by Raze »

jessicasemail

« Reply #10 on: Aug 29, 2007, 08:45 »
If you are tired of staying in a drab hotel, we have a Beautiful Furnished Home for rent with easy access to Palo Verde.

Available Now, this new Craftsman style home has 2 bedrooms + Large Office, 2 baths and 2 car garage. It offers Granite Counter tops with large Kitchen Island, Black Appliances, Wood Floors and Stained Glass Lighting fixtures. The large Master has a King Size bed, Walk-in Closet, Double Lav's, Tub and separate shower. The split floor plan has 2-tone paint throughout and beautiful furnishings, you will feel right at home in this clean and comfortable home.

Located walking distance to a 18-hole championship Golf Course, Club House and Downtown Shops with a Grocery Store, Drug Store, Bank, Gourmet Pizza, Smoothie Shop and Coffee Bar. The community offers Parks, Hiking, Volleyball, Basketball, Basketball and Bike/Walking Paths.

This luxury community is an easy Freeway drive to Palo Verde, just North of I-10 at the base of the White Tank Mountains.

See Photos of the home & area at: http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/2413418/1/126547261

Available September 1st, 2007

The rent is negotiable with a lease of 2+ months.
$2600 month (Includes Electric, Water, Gas, Sewer, Trash, Phone, Cable TV and High Speed Internet)
Cleaning Fee and Security Deposit required. Sorry no pets, non-smoking home and cashier checks not accepted.
Contact Jessica for more information at jessicasemail@cox.net

« Last Edit: Jan 08, 2008, 09:47 by Camella Black »

jeremyrutherford

Re: Palo Verde Lodging
« Reply #11 on: Jan 08, 2008, 03:09 »
Me and a buddy stayed at Saddle Mountain RV in Tonopah, 15 minutes from the guard shack, 5 minute walk from the bar in tonopah.  Great place, and spacious.  We had no neighbors nearby to keep us up during the day as we worked nights.

jessicasemail

« Reply #12 on: Feb 29, 2008, 02:53 »
I have a furnished home in Buckeye that will available April 1st, 2008.  We have had 2 previous P.V. Contract workers rent from us and loved it!  Please let me know if your looking for a clean house in a safe neighborhood.

jessicasemail

PALO VERDE HOUSING (Verrado)
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2008, 05:09 »

Just wanted to let you know of a fully Furnished 2 bedroom house (with garage) available for rent.

Rates start at $1500 depending on length of lease & season.

Please call 602-689-5825 for more information.

Offline azkidd

• RP Tech (Housemouse)
  • Moderate User
  • We Nationalize Banks!!
« Reply #14 on: Aug 07, 2008, 09:50 »
My sister will have a vacant house available on September 1, 2008.  She is listing it for long term renting, but in the meantime she is leaving the furnishings, for any short term tenants.  So, furnished home, dishes, pots/pans, linens, etc., located in Avondale (just off of Buckeye Rd. and Sarival Rd.), very close to many restaurants, movie theatres, malls, food shopping, and easy access to I-10.  Call for details. 

Mary 1-602-291-3914 (Cell)
Mark  1-602-291-3915 (Cell)
1-623-882-1339 after 7pm AZ time.

deadmanplayinglive

Palo Verde Lodging
« Reply #15 on: Aug 24, 2008, 06:52 »
Just trying to find out anything about short term rentals within the area. Trailer, RV Rental, Condo anything that I can possibly get high speed internet, I am in school and need this for the class.

Thanks DMPL

shovelheadred

« Reply #16 on: Aug 27, 2008, 06:42 »
...Rennaisance Villas, Litchfield Park,Az...2 bedroom, furnished condos,,$70/night...check the website

dtanner007

« Reply #17 on: Nov 19, 2008, 11:27 »
$650/month.  Spacious guest house for rent in new home.  Located 15-20 minutes from Palo Verde in Buckeye.  Month-to-month rent.  Private entrance, 1-bedroom w/separate living area, walk-in closet, private bathroom, kitchenette, partially furnished, all utilities included, dish tv included.  Contact Lisa @ 623-734-5221 (cell). 

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2009, 08:50 »
Room for rent in a 3 bed/2 bath home with pool in Goodyear(167th. Ave. & Van Buren)  Access to Living Room/Family Room, Laundry Room, Kitchen, Internet, Pool & maybe garage.  Utilities included in the rental price.  $600. per month.  Good neighborhood.(Canyon Trails.)

For outage times only.  I don't want a long term roommate, but if we hit it off and you always come back for the outages we can make arrangements.

Call: Maryjo @ (424)264-2393 cell or work #(623)393-6895.

Offline amosl

• Lurker
Palo Verde Lodging
« Reply #19 on: Jun 01, 2009, 10:58 »
  Room for rent in private home
« on: Today at 22:49 » Quote Modify Remove  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Avondale, AZ, near I-10.

Bedroom for rent, furnished, swimming pool, wifi internet, Direct-TV, kitchen/laundry, builtin outdoor BBQ, fireplace (winter renters!). Email me for pictures. Sometimes it's posted on craigslist, sometimes not, typically under "Student perfect" or "UTI Student" since close to that school

thank you for looking. 602-565-0604 call or text w/questions/interest  to llamosaz@msn.com
« Last Edit: Dec 13, 2009, 06:58 by amosl »

katiebob1995

Palo Verde Lodging
« Reply #20 on: Jul 19, 2009, 06:37 »
I am looking for a short-term apartment/house furnished for the outage, I will in the area on the 16/17 of September. Id like to stay over in Buckeye/Tonapah area. I am looking for a place that is fully furnished washer/dryer, kitchen, bath, and the internet, I take online courses for engineering degree so the internet is a must.

My number is 912 293 7861
Email katiebob1995@yahoo.com

Thanks Dennis
« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2009, 06:40 by katiebob1995 »

hilton

« Reply #21 on: Jul 29, 2009, 01:22 »
Hello!  We have a perfect new extended stay hotel for you . . . Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix/Avondale.  Located in the West Valley (Buckeye, Goodyear, Avondale & Litchfield).  Beautiful full kitchens with granite, living area, bedroom with one king or two queen beds, complimentary internet services, Suite Start breakfast each morning - guest laundry facilties . . . check us out! 

www.phoenixavondale.homewoods uites.com

Or please contact Jeannette, Senior Sales Manager @ 623-882-3315 x 505

We look forward to hearing from you!

stownsend

« Reply #22 on: Jul 29, 2009, 02:15 »
Palo Verde only offers the best for us Technicians.They offer us $90 per day to eat, sleep and travel on. Do you have anything in the $50 per night range? :P

hilton

« Reply #23 on: Jul 29, 2009, 02:22 »
Palo Verde does have a preferred rate with the Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix/Avondale; although it is not as competitive as $50 per night - we do offer a hot Suite Start breakfast each morning, complimentary - and we have a Manager's hour in the evening with beer, wine and a light dinner, also complimentary . . . which can help with that per diem. 
Jeannette would be able to assist you with more details, etc. -
623-882-3315 x 505 or jeannette.serrano@hilton.com

Thank you!

AvondaleGlo

« Reply #24 on: Jul 29, 2009, 05:42 »
Hello!  We have a perfect new hotel for you . . . Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale adjacent to the Homewood Suites Phoenix/Avondale.  Located in the West Valley (Buckeye, Goodyear, Avondale & Litchfield).  Beautiful metropolitan decor rooms with one king or two queen beds, complimentary internet services, and the Great American Grill restaurant located inside our hotel that features breakfast, lunch and dinner! . . . check us out! 

www.phxavondale.hgi.com

Offline azkidd

• RP Tech (Housemouse)
  • Moderate User
  • We Nationalize Banks!!
« Reply #25 on: Jul 30, 2009, 10:50 »
On my travels today, I came across a Quality Inn and Suites, advertising rooms starting at $49.95/night.  However, they may also have other weekly rates.  In this vicinity, plenty of nightlife, restaurants, shopping, movie theatres, etc.  Approx. 37-40 mile one way trip to Palo Verde (all interstate...75mph is the speed limit here).

Quality Inn and Suites
950 N Dysart Rd
Goodyear, AZ  623-932-9191

Also, if you go to www.choicepriveleges.com , register, you can search their many hotels and motels for deals in the area, plus your membership earns you 10pts for every dollar you spend towards free night stays (which may help you down thw rd).  For a 60+ day stay, that is quite a few points.  Hope this helps.  I stayed at a very nice Mainstays suites in Pittsburgh, while at Beaver, at $49.95/night.  It was a good stay, a good place.

stownsend

« Reply #26 on: Jul 31, 2009, 10:25 »
Thanks AZKIDD
I was kind of joking with the Hotel postings by Hilton.When you look at their web for rates it was in the $190/night range.Nice place but we're not exactly paid those kind of rates either.I find it sad that utilities still pay us sunshine and dirt for travel and wonder why were not happy campers.I think they should offer to pay the hotel with receipts and give you food/mileage (daily)/laundry separate.The outages are too short to pocket the extra for staying in the down and out motels.Palo Verde as I remember was about 40miles each way from Avondale.Same with places like INL.Start paying the expenses properly and give a competitive wage and you'll have no problems staffing.If sheriff Joe still tickets people at the plant, give the people rental cars to pool with and don't pay mileage daily.Simple.

Offline lauriedude

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #27 on: Sep 21, 2009, 06:44 »
Master bedroom for rent in 3/2 house with 3 car garage.  Fully furnished.  All utilities included.  Master bedroom has private bath, with large shower and huge walk-in closet.  Linens are also provided. You will have kitchen privileges and garage.
Also included are phone, office, DSL, Satellite Direct TV, computer and laundry. 
Also included is 60" HDTV in master bedroom with VCR.
Phone access in master bedroom, ceiling fans in all rooms, and solar screens on all windows.
This house is clean, quiet and safe. 
Contact Steve at  623-327-3965 or 623-570-4267. ;D

Offline lauriedude

• Light User
« Reply #28 on: Sep 21, 2009, 07:15 »
Forgot to put in the rent for the previous posting.  $650 mo.  Please contact Steve at either sjla@4369@msn.com or phone 623-327-3965.  This room is a diamond in the rough.  I was renting it until I found I was unable to make it to PV.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #29 on: Jan 01, 2010, 02:05 »
Room for rent in a 3 bed/2 bath home with pool in Goodyear(167th. Ave. & Van Buren)  Access to Living Room/Family Room, Laundry Room, Kitchen, Internet, Pool & maybe garage.  Utilities included in the rental price.  $150.00 per week.  Good neighborhood.(Canyon Trails.)

For outage times only.  I don't want a long term roommate, but if we hit it off and you always come back for the outages we can make arrangements.

Call: Maryjo @ (424)264-2393 cell or work #(623)393-6895.

Offline nukemom02

• Very Lite User
Housing for current spring Palo Verde outage
« Reply #30 on: Feb 16, 2010, 03:41 »
Hi we are looking for a three bedroom house fully/partially furnished with all/some of the utilities on. We are already here in Buckeye and hubby and brother are in training and we are staying in a motel but really need a house as I am pregnant and possibly due anytime and need to get our son into school asap...we are going to be here until the middle/end of May. Thanks so much
Can call us at: 361-676-6236/979-220-9307 Thanks Melanie and Jaymes Doesn't have to be in Buckeye but at least close to the plant.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
Re: Housing for current spring Palo Verde outage
« Reply #31 on: Feb 16, 2010, 04:00 »
Hi we are looking for a three bedroom house fully/partially furnished with all/some of the utilities on. We are already here in Buckeye and hubby and brother are in training and we are staying in a motel but really need a house as I am pregnant and possibly due anytime and need to get our son into school asap...we are going to be here until the middle/end of May. Thanks so much
Can call us at: 361-676-6236/979-220-9307 Thanks Melanie and Jaymes Doesn't have to be in Buckeye but at least close to the plant.

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,12416.0.html
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline azkidd

• RP Tech (Housemouse)
  • Moderate User
  • We Nationalize Banks!!
Re: Housing for current spring Palo Verde outage
« Reply #32 on: Feb 16, 2010, 08:58 »
Look up several realtors in the area.  AZ was very hard hit by the housing market.  Many foreclosures, probably some of which may be rentable.   I bet you will have some luck.

bhbb

House Available For Rent
« Reply #33 on: Mar 23, 2010, 08:16 »
3 Bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage.  Home is completely furnished, located on the west side of Goodyear.  $1500/month (plus security deposit) that includes all utilities; gas, electric, cable, internet, phone, water.  Quiet neighborhood with convenient amenities such as grocery store, shopping mall, and recreational activities nearby.

Contact: Linda Neider, Keller Williams Realty Professional Partners. 623.695.2902
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2010, 06:04 by bhbb »

Offline Imaginos

• Moderate User
Re: House Available For Rent
« Reply #34 on: Mar 24, 2010, 07:21 »
...located in Goodyear, 20 minutes from Palo Verde...

Heh heh...assuming there's little enough traffic on I-10 to allow one to do, say, 100 mph between Litchfield and Wintersburg Roads, then maybe that's a twenty minute trip. C'mon, a little truth in advertising. Even Mapquest puts it at 38 minutes. But then again I could be wrong; I've only been making that trip for 26 years (apologies to BZ...).

vikingfan

« Reply #35 on: Mar 25, 2010, 12:22 »
im staying in buckeye and thats a 30 minute drive from there to the gate not counting the long line at security !!!!!!!!!!!  :(:(:(:(heck the other day it was backed up all the way to the tin top and the outage has not even started yet !!

rloliver5

« Reply #36 on: Mar 29, 2010, 11:24 »
[/i
  I have a 4 bedrm/2 bath house on 375 th street just 3.5 miles from the gate. 1800 sq.ft,Brand new, completely furnished, 40 in lcd /tv w/direct tv, w/d, all utensils, furnished. 2 car garage with exercise equipment. Park your harley. We Ride. A woman can have the master bath/ bed.  Everyone Shares electric.
RV hookup out back. 150.00 week for rms or 600.00 mnth .  200.00 mnth for RV hookup 30 amp. share electric.
Call Buck at 763-486-9945

Offline amosl

• Lurker
Palo Verde Lodging-bedroom for rent
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2010, 11:54 »
1 bedroom for rent in single family home, ideal for short term, Avondale AZ, 1 mi from I-10: queen sofa sleeper, desk, nightstand, clothes storage, DirectTV, wifi internet, utilities included, available beginning Feb 1, 2011. Built in outdoor BBQ, pool, nice view lot (no houses behind). Could be available sooner....contact me to ask). Quiet area. Rate: $350/mo. If shorter than a month, we can discuss.   Contact llamosaz@msn.com for info and pictures.  :)
« Last Edit: Dec 21, 2010, 08:20 by amosl »

Offline WipeMe

• Lurker
« Reply #38 on: Jun 26, 2010, 02:19 »
Just a warning to all of you folks traveling to the area with large 4X4 trucks, especially FORD F250s and 350s.

Palo Verde is a great plant in a great area with great people working there, BUT there is a LARGE population of criminals in the entire Phoenix area that love heavy duty pickup trucks, mostly folks who like to smuggle dope and illegals from Mexico. Many people, us included, have had their vehicles stolen in broad daylight. If you are going to take your truck down there, be aware of this and either update your insurance, get the best anti-theft device you can find (I understand something called a Revelco (sp?) works well), get a Trunk Monkey or something. We were not aware of how bad the vehicle theft problem was down there until we got our F350 stolen out of the grocery store parking lot in Buckeye...in broad daylight with hundreds of people around.

The locals have learned to accept this as normal but for those of us not from the area, it's a bit insane. And it was a mess to clean up from.

I hope something gets done about this problem because I really would like to go back there one day. But hey, if you drive a dented up, rusted out Pinto or Chrysler K car...NO WORRIES!! Enjoy the great views, the neat plant and the great folks that work there!
No Ma'am...I will NOT decon you again for $20.

Offline 870xprs

• Lover, fighter, bull rider, and damn good windmill man
  • Light User
« Reply #39 on: Aug 23, 2010, 07:27 »
Tonopah

Saddle Mountain RV Park,  623-386-3892
http://www.saddlemountainrvpark.com/

Stage Stop RV Park, 623-386-1601
http://www.hikercentral.com/campgrounds/100927.html

Runner's RV, 623-386-5124

Buckeye

KOA Kampgrounds, 602-853-0537

Country Home Mobile Village, 623-386-4482

Leaf Verde RV Resort, 623-386-7874
http://www.leafverde.com/

Empty Acres Equine Resort, 623-691-6900

Parkside Travel, 623-386-4819

Goodyear

Phoenix West KOA, 602-853-0537

Destiny Phoenix RV Park, 888-667-2454
http://www.destinyrv.com/index.htm

Cotton Lane RV Resort, 623-853-4000
http://www.arizonarvresorts.com/cotton%20lane/index.html

Gila Bend

La Siesta RV Park, 520-387-6569
http://ajolasiesta.com/home.html

Glendale

Shamrock RV Park, 623-872-8500

Surprise

Sunflower Resort, 800-627-8637

Donorma RV Park, 623-583-8195
http://www.donormarv.com/
« Last Edit: Aug 24, 2010, 03:43 by 870xprs »

tammys

« Reply #40 on: Sep 22, 2010, 02:24 »
Hi my name is Tammy,                                    (woman preferred) 

I live about fifteen minutes from the nuclear plant in buckeye. I have a room for rent $150 a week! I have a two story home located on southern and watson straight shot to nuclear plant.
It is myself and my two daughters that live here. If your interested give me a call at (623)327-3746

austin1

« Reply #41 on: Nov 02, 2010, 10:51 »
PRIVATE FURNISHED BEDROOM $400 Monthly in Buckeye, AZ - 816 East Amabisca Circle, Home Built 2005. Distance to Palo Verde Plant 24 miles. ALL UTILITIES INCLUDED. Available November 13, 2010. Bedroom Includes Queen Bed, Sheets, Towels, Dresser-Mirror, Closet, with Detached Shared Bathroom-Shower. Bedroom Includes DSL 1.5Mbs Internet and Local-Long Distance Phone Access, Office FAX, 25" Color Television and Entertainment Center, DirectTV Programming, DVD Player, Hundreds of Top Rated Movies-Documentaries for Private Viewing. All Kitchen, Office, Common Areas of Home, Washer-Dryer, Secure 3-Vehicle Garage Parking with Remote, and Post Office Box Available for Renter Use. All Cleaning and Maintenance Provided by Home Owner. I-10 Access and Major Shopping Hubs approximately 5 Miles from Home - Police, Fire, Medical, City Hall, Library, and DMV approximately 1/2 Mile from Home. No Pets, No Noise, No Partying, No Drama - Just TOTAL Peace and Quiet for Your Off-Time. Reference(s) from past Plant Outage Worker(s) Available Upon Request. Contact Steve at Phone 623-327-3965, Cell 623-570-4267, or email sjla4369@msn.com SUBJECT: ROOMMATE for Additional Information/Questions regarding Myself, My Home, or My BEDROOM Rental.
« Last Edit: Nov 02, 2010, 03:31 by austin1 »

wintersburg

« Reply #42 on: Feb 14, 2011, 08:08 »

Stage Stop RV Park is located 5 minutes from Palo Verde and 10 minutes from RedHawk, Mesquite and Arlington Valley Energy. We presently have over 25 rentals available. Our units are fully furnished, 'turn key' ready. Please make you reservation today by calling Danny or Nash at 623-386-1601. You can also view our website at http://www.stagestoprvpark.com/

Our Rates are $40 daily or $170 weekly.

We have Wintersburg General Store and the Tin Top Bar & Grill within walking distance. We hope this outage you will come stay with us!!

tammys

« Reply #43 on: Apr 06, 2011, 08:06 »
Hello My name is Tammy,

I have a room for rent $150.00 per week. I have a 2000 square foot home with an extra room. I do have internet and you are welcome to use the washer and dryer,kitchen, whatever you may need. I did rent the room in last years outage it worked out well for us. I am about ten to fifteen minutes from the nuclear plant. If interested please give me a call at 623-327-3746

PaloVerdeTonopah

« Reply #44 on: Apr 26, 2011, 02:02 »

$550 / month Small Efficiency - Utilities Included (Tonopah, AZ for the PV area)

Available now, 10 - 15 minutes from Palo Verde Nuclear Plant. (No deposits, all utilities included $550/month
Premium High Speed internet; TV with basic cable; A/C; One bedroom with bathroom and small kitchenette.
Refrigerator, microwave, coffeepot, dishes and cookware.  Double bed with linens and towels. 
Your choice, furnished or unfurnished, community washer and dryer and you Park right by your door.

Near 355th and Indian School on a paved road
Please call 602-697-1293 or 602-697-6884 for more info.

email:  donnah53@msn.com 

PaloVerdeTonopah

« Reply #45 on: Jul 11, 2011, 08:47 »
$550 Small Efficiency - Utilities Included (((Tonopah)))

Available now, 10-15 minutes from Palo Verde Nuclear Plant. (No deposits, all utilities included)for just $550/month.

Premium High Speed (fiber optic) internet; TV with basic cable, A/C, One bedroom with bathroom and small kitchenette.

Refrigerator, microwave, coffeepot, dishes and cookware. Double bed with linens and towels.

Your choice, furnished or unfurnished, Community washer and dryer Park right by your door.
Near 355th andIndian School on paved road
Please call 602-697-1293 or 602-697-6884 for more information.
Thank you!

tammys

Two rooms available in buckeye
« Reply #46 on: Aug 03, 2011, 12:00 »
Hello everyone :)     I have two rooms available in buckeye. I have a 2200 square foot home. Live about fifteen minutes from nuckear plant. 150$ a week. Stay long as needed. If interested call Tammy at 602-330-2793  
« Last Edit: Aug 03, 2011, 12:08 by Marlin »

Goodyear Marriott Hotels

« Reply #47 on: Sep 08, 2011, 05:35 »
The Goodyear Residence Inn still has rooms available for the Fall 2011 Outage at Palo Verde.  We are located approximately 45 minutes from Palo Verde.  All of our suites offer fully equipped kitchens and we also a complimentary full hot breakfast buffet as well as a complimentary dinner on Monday - Thursday nights.
For information and rates please Call: (623) 866-1313 and ask for Brian Talbert or email:brian.talbert@copperhospitality.com
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2011, 05:37 by Goodyear Marriott Hotels »

tammys

« Reply #48 on: Dec 14, 2011, 09:16 »
 Hello everyone'

I have got a 2300 square foot home on watson and southern ten to fifteen min from the palo verde nuclear plant. I have three rooms available one of  the rooms is totally set up with a full bed',dresser, and cable tv. I am asking for 150 a week.  Anyone interested just give me a call at 602-330-2793!

Thank you,
Tammy 

Offline Imaginos

• Moderate User
« Reply #49 on: Dec 14, 2011, 10:38 »
Hello My name is Tammy,
...I have a 2000 square foot home with an extra room...I am about ten to fifteen minutes from the nuclear plant.

Hello everyone :) I have a 2200 square foot home. Live about fifteen minutes from nuckear plant.

Hello everyone'
  I have got a 2300 square foot home on watson and southern ten to fifteen min from the palo verde nuclear plant... 

Either you've moved twice this year, you've increased your floor plan by 15%, or you keep fudging on the size of your house. The real issue, however, is your claimed travel time to the plant. For perspective, I live 6 miles from the gate, as opposed to 20-25 miles from Watson/Southern (back roads versus I-10) to the gate. When I work days during non-outage (add HUNDREDS of workers per shift during outage...), due to security issues it takes a minimum of 30 minutes to get from my house up to one of the units...6 miles - 30 minutes...not competing with a bunch of extra outage traffic for 20 miles before I get there... I wish you well in renting rooms, but truth in advertising is not a bad thing.

MCGEEA8

Lodging
« Reply #50 on: Dec 26, 2011, 07:16 »
I will be arriving at the Palo Verde plant just after the first of the year and will be in the area for about a year. Anyone know of apartments or houses for rent near the plant? Looking for between 1,000 to 1,500 a month furnished.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
Re: Lodging
« Reply #51 on: Dec 26, 2011, 07:43 »
should be a crapton of people looking to rent homes in phoenix (try tonopah and buckeye especially).  got a drive though.

vikingfan

« Reply #52 on: Dec 27, 2011, 12:16 »
you ould probably stay in buckeye which is about 25 minutes from the plant. small town has a walmart etc but if you want more shopping , dinning etc i would suggest the goodyear area. about 10 minutes from buckeye so about a 35-40 minutes drive each way

Offline Suzukisuzu

• Lurker
« Reply #53 on: Mar 11, 2012, 08:37 »
ROOM FOR RENT IN PEACEFUL, COMFORTABLE HOME, about 12 miles west of the gate.  No need to take freeway. 

Enjoy:
•   Home theater with a 12-foot diagonal screen, surround sound, and over 2,000 movies available. 
•   Pool table, tournament-sized
•   Weight room
•   Piano
•   Laundry room
•   WiFi
•   Big dining area

Reasonable rate ($55/night--possibly negotiable, so please call if you're interested).  Utilities included, of course.
Also available:  Great food and even laundry service (small additional cost)
Call:
DAVID BUTLER (drb22@fastmail.fm )
714-349-5309
Home is just a couple miles west of Tonopah Joe’s restaurant, one exit west of Wintersburg Road.

Offline lauriema19

• Light User
Palo Verde lodging 2012 fall outage
« Reply #54 on: Aug 25, 2012, 08:45 »
Looking for a room to rent during the Palo Verde outage. I have a 4 bedrooms 2 baths everything is included. It is approx 30 mins to the plant. Call 509-528-2787 pls leave a message.

kattokie

« Reply #55 on: Sep 21, 2012, 03:09 »
Anyone know of places to stay for outage that is pet friendly.. I have 2 labs,house broke and very lovable. Usually bring travel trailer but transmission slipping and don't want to chance pulling it.  .

Contact me @ 480-268-0537  Thank you.

Offline kreifels24

• Lurker
Palo verde outage support needs housing
« Reply #56 on: Feb 19, 2013, 07:18 »
There is 3 of us coming from nebraska and are looking for a place to stay if you can help us out let us know.

Offline AdamMurphy211

• Lurker
« Reply #57 on: Feb 28, 2014, 01:36 »
 $425 Room Available For Outage Workers (Buckeye AZ)

My wife and I have an empty room we're willing to rent to anyone working the upcoming outage at PVNGS this spring. It's a 12x12 bedroom that has a full size bed, night stand, dresser, closet, and TV. Rent includes power, water, cable tv, and wifi internet. You'll also have a private bathroom across the hall from the bedroom.

We charge $425/month and $100/week for when the outage lasts longer than expected (i.e. if the outage lasts 45 days you're not held to paying a full months rent for a room you're not using)

About us: We are a happily married couple. My wife works full time Mon-Fri and I work the outages at PVNGS whenever I can. We are smokers but do NOT smoke in the house. We use our garage as a smoking/social room. It has carpet, couches, and an HD TV. And it's insulated so not too hot or cold. We also have a BCA sized pool table in the loft that you are more than welcome to use.

Feel free to contact me with any and all questions by text anytime, day or night - by phone from 10am-10pm any day of the week - or by email.

Thank You,
Adam Murphy
(623-336-1277)
adam.murphy211@gmail.com

Offline Imaginos

• Moderate User
« Reply #58 on: Mar 01, 2014, 06:40 »
Trailer/RV spaces for rent. Utilities included. Laundry room available. Quiet private acreage. Five minutes from plant parking lot. General store, gas station, bar & grill 1/4 mile away (Wintersburg/Salome). $150/week.

602-390-1449

Rooms for rent. Full access to house. Utilities included. Quiet private acreage. Smaller bedrooms $150/week. Master bedroom/bath $175/week. Five minutes from plant. General store, gas station, bar & grill 1/4 mile away (Wintersburg/Salome).

602-390-1449

Offline austin1

• Lurker
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2014, 07:13 »
$400 Private Furnished Bedroom with Land Line Phone, DSL Internet Access, Satellite TV Access, 24-7 NetFlix Streaming Access. 32" Magnavox TV and DVD Player Included with Hundreds of Movies and Documentaries for Personal Viewing. Garage and Remote Control  Provided for Personal Storage and/or Vehicle. Laundry, Kitchen Facilities ,Cooking Utensils, and Post Office Box with Key Included. All Cleaning of Shared Bathroom-Shower and Home Provided by Home Owner on Monthly Basis at no Cost. No Pets. Address: 816 East Amabisca Circle, Buckeye, AZ 85326-0122. Major Cross Streets - MC-85 and 9th Street. Major Shopping Hub(s) 5 Miles North of Home on Watson Road Adjacent I-10. Home is a 3 Bedroom, 2 Bath-Shower 1,600' Home Built in 2004. Home with 3-Vehicle Garage is Located on NW Corner of 9th Street and East Amibisca Circle. UV Solar Screens Installed on all Home Windows, Operating Ceiling Fans in all Rooms, Nice Neighborhood, Lighted Exterior, Side 8' RV Gate Access to Back Yard. Clean, Quite, Safe Place to Stay. Contact STEVE at 623-570-4267 or e-mail sjla4369@msn.com  Room/Home Ready for Immediate Move-In.

Offline austin1

• Lurker
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2014, 09:01 »
Just trying to find out anything about short term rentals within the area. Trailer, RV Rental, Condo anything that I can possibly get high speed internet, I am in school and need this for the class.

Thanks DMPL

I have a furnished bedroom for rent $400 monthly.  See my add or contact sjla4369@msn.com / 623-570-4267 for details. STEVE

mg3545

Housing close to Paloverde Nuk plant ?
« Reply #61 on: Aug 06, 2014, 11:23 »
Hi can someone please tell me if theirs any housing or campers for rent around Palo verde plant...any info is much appreciated...thank u  :)  u can also tx me any info as well...817-736-5287
« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2014, 11:27 by mg3545 »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator

Offline scorning

• Lurker
  • Quiet home - looking for someone to rent a room
« Reply #63 on: Oct 12, 2014, 10:06 »
Looking for a place to live close to Palo Verde? 
I have a room for rent in a 1800 sq ft home in Buckeye, AZ.  Located right off I-10 and Watson Road.  You would have your own room, private full bath, refrigerator, and more. Asking $800/month to month or negotiable with longer stays.  Interested, call Sue at (623) 399-7324.
Sue

inyourface

« Reply #64 on: Mar 21, 2015, 08:15 »
I have a friend who is going to palo verde at the last minute notice.  does anybody have any recommendations on a place available for her to stay?

Offline dosetek

• Light User
« Reply #65 on: Mar 25, 2015, 02:33 »
Dont know if it is still available but she can try
Room for rent in 2 bedrooms, 2 bath house
10 minutes from Palo Verde
1 room still available

Fully furnished – Washer/Dryer – Wi-Fi
$200 / week

Call Doug 602-373-8551

Sclifton57

« Reply #66 on: Jul 30, 2015, 07:59 »
Welcome to the Legacy Suites Extended Stay:

Thank you so much for the opportunity to provide hotel accommodations for your guests and employees.  As you requested, following is a brief proposal outlining information about the hotel and how we can address your needs to insure a very successful outcome.

If you have any questions, please let me know, otherwise I will follow up with you later this week.

The Legacy Suites Extended Stay is pleased to extend the following Special Corporate Rates:

$179.00 per week (7 days) for single/double occupancy
$793.00 per month  (31 days) for single/double occupancy
Valid from June 1, 2015 thru August 31, 2015.

$209.00 per week (7 days) for single/double occupancy
$850.00 per month  (31 days) for single/double occupancy
Valid rom September 1, 2015 thru December 31, 2015   

Rates do not include applicable state and local taxes, handling or pet fees.  This rate also does not include linen service.

A refundable deposit of $150.00 will be required when checking in.  Early departures will not be prorated, and the remaining balance will be applied as an early departure fee.  Additional nights will be subject to the Best Available Rate.

Each room comes with the following amenities.

•   Kitchenette
•   Complete Fitness Center
•   Heated pool and Spa
•   On-Site Guest Laundry
•   Pet Friendly
•   Free Local Calls
•   Complimentary High Speed Internet
•   Professional Management
•   Courteous Staff

Thank you for your consideration.  We know you have many choices, so if there is anything additional I may address, please let me know.  I am very confident that we will deliver a very successful experience for you.

Sheldon Clifton
Sales Manager| Legacy Suites Tolleson|
1204 North 91st Avenue | Tolleson, AZ 85353 |
623 302-9700    Office
202 412-6423 Cellular|
* CliftonS@gfhotels.com|

Sclifton57

« Reply #67 on: Feb 17, 2016, 03:15 »

Legacy Suites Extended Stay - 623 302-9700

apartments

Offline JM

• Very Lite User
« Reply #68 on: Mar 02, 2016, 02:02 »
Room available in quiet Tonopah home for Spring, 2016 outage, about 10-15 minutes from PVNGS.  For more info/details, e-mail: jmagee8822@gmail.com or phone 480-466-9288.  I have had several outage workers who have stayed so I understand the work schedules.  I strive to make this a home away from home. 

Offline Bill Lineker

• Lurker
Palo Verde Lodging
« Reply #69 on: Nov 17, 2016, 10:42 »
I own a 2,856 sq ft house in Surprise which is available to rent on a weekly or monthly basis.  4 bedrooms, fully furnished, heated pool, patio with BBQ, gas fire-pit.  Washer and dryer.  Wonderful quiet neighborhood just off the 303 and Bell.  Please enquire to Bill at wjlineker@hrl-accounting.com if you are interested.  References available

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
« Reply #70 on: Nov 17, 2016, 11:12 »
I just stayed at Bill's house during Palo Verde's last outage and its quite impressive to say the least. I will also mention that it has 3 full bathrooms.
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

Rjackson

« Reply #71 on: Apr 06, 2017, 09:27 »

apartments

Rjackson

« Reply #72 on: Apr 06, 2017, 09:39 »
Nice trailer for rent to outage workers only 3 miles from the plant on a acre lot fenced in everything you need refrigerator stove microwave shower linens TV evaporate cooler and AC. 40' x 8' with a pop out in the living room. 170.00 a week or 600.00 a month. Check out the add in Craigslist search tonopah rental or outage worker

Rjackson

« Reply #73 on: Apr 07, 2017, 12:56 »
Nice and clean 40X10 one bedroom Mobile home/Trailer located 3 miles from the plant on an fenced in acre lot, everything you need to live. Fridge, microwave, A/C and evap. cooler crock pot, dishes ECT. a TV in the living room and one in the bedroom. the add is in craigslist search outage worker under Tonopah rentals, 170.00 a week or 600.00 a month. call Rod Jackson  602 309-7918

Offline JM

• Very Lite User
« Reply #74 on: Aug 26, 2017, 01:56 »
Room available in quiet Tonopah home for Fall, 2017 outage, about 15-20 minutes from PVNGS.  For more info/details, e-mail: jmagee8822@gmail.com or phone 480-466-9288.  I have had several outage workers who have stayed so I understand the work schedules.  I strive to make this a home away from home.

Offline Bridget

• Lurker
Rental vacancy for outage worker (s)
« Reply #75 on: Aug 22, 2018, 05:33 »
 :) I have a brand new beautiful, private, high end 900 square foot guest house that is fully furnished located in Goodyear, AZ. This is a 1 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath, with 22 foot ceilings, 2 large flat screen TV's, laundry onsite, office set up and parking right next to the home It is clean, safe and quiet. The house has it's own private drive and security gate. Many extra amenities such as an elite 45 foot pool, barbeque and fire table! I am asking $2500.00 monthly for any rental term under 6 months. This fee includes unlimited WiFi, Dish 200 package or comparable, all utilities and monthly cleaning service. This rental will surpass all of your expectations!! We are willing to do a short term rental for Palo Verde Employees. For more information, please call 608-225-1571 for further details or pictures.  Thank You
« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2018, 01:38 by Bridget »

Offline mdylewski@redroof.com

• Light User
20% Off at Red Roof Hotels and HomeTowne Studios
« Reply #76 on: Mar 07, 2019, 11:30 »
Red Roof offers 20% off for all outage workers at all Red Roof and HomeTowne Studios hotels nationwide!
https://www.redroof.com/deals/partner/bhi_energy
Click the link or call the hotel and give VP+ #621355 when making your reservations.
« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2019, 12:22 by Marlin »

Offline tstarks

• Lurker
« Reply #77 on: Mar 26, 2019, 08:37 »
Small studio for rentLocated at 359th & Indian School (15 minutes from plant)
Fully furnishedAll amenities included (Wi-fi, Direct TV, trash, and FREE onsite laundry)$200 per weekCall Tanis @602-448-6321

Offline abarnes175

• Lurker
« Reply #78 on: Aug 30, 2019, 01:59 »
Room for Rent for Outage Fall 2019- Available Immediately. Separate bath, private parking, 48 inch flat screen TV on wall / hin wRoom w/high speed internet . Very clean and very quiet. 20 minutes from Palo Verde off I -10 and Miller Road in quiet sub division in private home.  Small Fridge in room and full use of kitchen, laundry and living areas. Email for pictures or for appointment.  $65 a night or $250 a week... abarnes175@gmail.com

Offline JM

• Very Lite User
« Reply #79 on: Sep 02, 2019, 01:32 »
Room available in quiet Tonopah home for Fall, 2019 outage, about 15 minutes from PVNGS.  For more info/details, e-mail: jmagee8822@gmail.com.  I have hosted outage workers for a number of years so I understand the work schedules and needs.  I strive to make this a home away from home.

Offline Calvin

• Lurker
« Reply #80 on: Oct 06, 2019, 01:10 »
Two rooms for rent in a 3 bed/2 bath, 1900+ sqft home in the Sundance area of Buckeye, near S.Watson Road and north of W Yuma Road. I also work at the Palo Verde plant. Living Room, Family Room, Laundry Room, and Kitchen privileges. I have cable Internet but not TV. Utilities included in the rental price.  About $600 per month, one room is furnished, one is not but I could get basic furnishings. email carguycal@aol.com

Offline thompson63

• Very Lite User
Palo Verde
« Reply #81 on: Mar 21, 2021, 06:47 »
My wife is looking for housing for the upcoming Palo Verde outage.  She arrives on 3/26/21.  She is a junior RP technician.  Any help will be appreciated.  Thanks.

Offline Suzukisuzu

• Lurker
« Reply #82 on: Sep 10, 2021, 08:01 »
Outage Workers for 2021: Room to rent in very nice house, in Tonopah, less than 30 minutes from the plant--no freeway driving (10 miles).  You get to use nice kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, laundry room, pool table, 12-foot movie screen. $350/week, or less if long term. 714-349-5309. David Butler. Deposit needed to hold the room for you, because it gets booked quickly.
« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2021, 08:03 by Suzukisuzu »

Offline spearbc

• Lurker
« Reply #83 on: Jan 22, 2024, 06:14 »
lol, wasting time on-line and saw this post. I was in 8307 and also a SPU at D1G. I seem to remember you as dark haired with a southern accent? Just curious if this message gets to anywhere current. Signed. EM1 (SW) BC Spear bc@engineer.com

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?