Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Browns Ferry NLO job

Author Topic: Browns Ferry NLO job  (Read 7284 times)

AtomicAirdale

Browns Ferry NLO job
« on: May 29, 2005, 04:35 »

Hello all! I am currently an NLO at Dresden (5 yrs), and was in the canoe club for 9 yrs, as an Aviation Electrician. I dont have a degree.
  I applied for the NLO gig at Browns Ferry (along with a few other guys at my plant), and have not heard back from them yet.
  Does anyone know if I meet thier requirements, and how long it usually takes them to start the testing/ interview process?

Thanks,

Bill

PS  Dresden is still looking for NLO candidates, next class is starting up in late June!

Fermi2

Re: Browns Ferry NLO job
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2005, 05:06 »
The bid just expired. You meet the requirements but I'd imagine you'll have to take the POSS test.

It'll probably take awhile. TVA usually takes it's time on things because we have to make sure we dot all the Is and cross all the Ts.

As an example, Right around the first of the year TVA was interviewing for NLOs at one of the other plants. The class will finally start in June.

Mike

AtomicAirdale

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2005, 05:26 »
  Thanks WT! Do you work at Browns Ferry now?

Bill

Fermi2

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2005, 06:07 »
Nope, I was at a BWR for about 15 years.

I now work for the TVA at a PWR. I've been with TVA for about 3 1/2 months and thus far it's been one of the best decisions I've ever made.

I'll tell you it takes TVa awhile to do stuff, but once they start getting the ball rolling they move relatively quickly and go out of their way to make it easy on you.

The company is solid, the people are great and the plants seem to run well.

Mike

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?