Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Farley - Lodging honeypot

Author Topic: Farley - Lodging  (Read 31139 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Farley - Lodging
« on: Dec 01, 2002, 12:36 »
If anyone has lodging information for this facility, please post it here.

There was a hotel at southern end of the loop going to the plant that you could rent by the week.

There are 3 campgrounds on the access road:

One is across the street from the plant about  2 minutes to the door, but it is expensive.  
One is on the river.
And one is called "NALLS". It is at best an interesting place owned by an old guy with a heart of gold, whose name is Mr. Nall.  The old campground is run down but he is jewel and his prices are right. 334-696-4474. He is as old as dirt and hard of hearing. So speak slow and loud when you call.  
Many people stay at the Grand Villa or the La Vista trailer park (Denton road just off the circle) or Try the East gate Inn.
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2005, 02:03 by Camella Black »

Offline 3rdGenHP

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Farley - Lodging
« Reply #1 on: Apr 20, 2006, 06:38 »
Best deal I found is at the Dothan Surburban Extended Stay.   I am only paying $200 a week after taxes.  Make sure you call them and tell them you are working at Farley if you make reservations online it will cost you like $60 more a week.

They rooms have a microwave, fridge, two stove burners, and free high speed internet.  It is in range of plenty of food and shoping, and almost a straight drive to work.

Here is the info for the hotel.

2880 Ross Clark Circle , Dothan, AL, US, 36301
Phone: (334) 673-9111     Fax: (334) 673-2111
Map/Directions
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=2880+Ross+Clark+Circle+,+Dothan,+AL,+US,+36301&ll=31.226307,-85.431232&spn=0.020404,0.066605&om=0

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
Farley - Lodging
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2007, 08:29 »
fueldryer, Dothan is not a bad place to live. My son and future daughter-in-law are there. She works for the plant. I can ask about lodging if you want me to, they may know something. Theres a mall, a nice selection of places to eat and best of all you're only a hour away from the best beaches in the U.S.

If you get a chance drive down to Port St. Joe, about 2 hours away. I grew up there and although small and out of the way the beach is wonderful and the seafood is the best around. Destin is also nice, but more commercial, you'll find a Hard Rock Cafe and outlet malls there.

Update, here's one motel I remember seeing: Dothan National Golf Club & Hotel 238.91 per week plus tax. 334-677-3321
« Last Edit: Feb 07, 2007, 08:37 by Camella Black »

McBride

Re: Farley - Lodging
« Reply #3 on: Feb 27, 2008, 04:04 »
STAY AWAY from Adams Inn.  Last week I stopped in there and initially it looked old, but okay.  Well, that night my room mates crawled all over.  Roaches were all over the place.  They refused to give me a refund! >:(  I couldn't afford to go elsewhere, so I sprayed my room and lived with them for a week.  Also, I had the flu, so I just didn't have the strength to find another place.

This week I am in the InTown suites.  It is MUCH better.  I am rooming with another SOIT, so it is working out to roughly $100/wk.  You get a small kitchenette, and free high speed internet (wireless only)

GRJONES

lodging
« Reply #4 on: Nov 11, 2008, 09:02 »
New R.V Facility located 7 miles from Plant Farley also 7 miles from Ceded Springs Papere Mill. 62 lots all with fiberglass tables. laundry Facility, Pool with bath facility's. Large Pavilion. 12 Shaded Lots. 20 Gravel Lots with concrete pad for table. 30 lots gravel parking, with grass lawn. Also rent campers, Furnished Efficiency Apartments, also Camper Cabins 1 Bed Room with Loft Bed Room.
Shallow Creek 1128 North Broadway
Ashford Alabama. 36312
Toll Free 1877-586-4920
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2008, 03:55 by GRJONES »

Offline WipeMe

• Lurker
« Reply #5 on: Nov 15, 2009, 04:50 »
Greetings Folks,

Looking for RV parks in the area. Google just has a few (Ingrams, etc.). Do the ones on the plant road have names or does anyone know of some within 10 miles or so?

Thanks!

WM
No Ma'am...I will NOT decon you again for $20.

duke99301

« Reply #6 on: Oct 21, 2010, 11:23 »
I am heading there next week anyone have good place to stay? motel wise ? lot of storys wow.

Joesmith58

Re: Farley (Joseph M. Farley)
« Reply #7 on: Aug 27, 2011, 05:42 »
I am working at Farley now but the person I am staying with is selling his camper out from under me. Does anyone know of any campers to rent close to Farley.

Offline kingstontn

• Lurker
« Reply #8 on: Jan 17, 2012, 10:25 »
I stay at the Best Western on HWY 231 in Dothan, nice corporate apts..

Offline HiRadDrifter

• Very Lite User
Lodging at Farley
« Reply #9 on: Mar 28, 2013, 12:40 »
 Looking for suggestions where to stay at farley ( motel). Heading out sat.

Offline NallsRV

• Lurker
« Reply #10 on: Jun 14, 2013, 09:13 »
Nall's RV number is now 334-696-3370. Reasonable rates. 3 miles from Farley.  2miles from Columbia.  Quiet shaded lots.
« Last Edit: Jun 24, 2013, 08:39 by NallsRV »

BestWestern

Hi, my name is Kristy & I handle all of the Fully Furnished Apartments/Suites for the Best Western Dothan Inn & Suites. Every Farley Outage we book up fast & have a having list waiting for cancellations. So plan ahead - If you are interested in one call me & I can send you some info I only have about 30 & 5 are already reserved for Fall Farley Outage!

Thanks,
Kristy Trusty
Best Western Dothan Inn & Suites
3285 Montgomery Hwy
Dothan, AL 36303
(334) 793-4376 ext 171

Offline mhonea

• Lurker
« Reply #12 on: Aug 26, 2014, 09:46 »
I have been staying at the Flint River RV Park in Bainbridge, GA.  It is a 40 minute drive up Hwy 84 to Farley.  The sites are spacious and the boat basin is across the street for fishing.  There is also a nature trail for walking or running.

http://www.flintriverrvpark.com/

This would be great for anybody coming to Farley for the outage.  To make reservations or inquiries about the park you can contact the owner David Brantly.

FLINT RIVER RV PARK
801 West Shotwell Street
Bainbridge, GA 39819
Reservations & Info:
(229) 246-5802
DavidBrantly@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Missy Honea
« Last Edit: Aug 26, 2014, 09:49 by mhonea »

Offline JohnnyM515

• Lurker
« Reply #13 on: Oct 08, 2014, 07:37 »
DO NOT go to Intown Suites in Dothan. The rates are reasonable but the place is disgusting. Your feet will turn black if you walk on carpet without shoes. They manager is a nut job. They have this page of rules they hand you which include you can't stand on the balcony for ANY reason. I called them on the phone and told them I was bringing a motorcycle trailer and asked if there was a place to park it. The girl on the phone said there was no problem but when I arrived they handed me the rules and one rule was no trailers. If you break a rule they will give you one warning and then they will come with the sheriff in the middle of the night and kick you out. This is not a place to go for sure!

Offline serpent3w

• Lurker
« Reply #14 on: Dec 17, 2014, 08:59 »
I stayed there for the fall outage. It was not that bad. The management was easy to deal with. Yes, there is a page of rules, but many do not get enforced. I think it it depends on who you deal with. I enjoyed my stay and will stay there again, if needed.

Offline Sue Davies

• Very Lite User
« Last Edit: Jun 21, 2021, 02:59 by Sue Davies »

Offline mdylewski@redroof.com

• Light User
20% Off at Red Roof Hotels and HomeTowne Studios
« Reply #16 on: Mar 07, 2019, 11:37 »
Red Roof offers 20% off for all outage workers at all Red Roof and HomeTowne Studios hotels nationwide!
https://www.redroof.com/deals/partner/bhi_energy
Click the link or call the hotel and give VP+ #621355 when making your reservations.
« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2019, 12:16 by Marlin »

Offline FH001

• Lurker
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2019, 08:50 »
Looking for a 3 bedroom rental house near Farley, starting oct for about 9 months. Anyone know of anything?

Offline jwynn352

• Lurker
« Reply #18 on: Feb 25, 2021, 12:47 »
I'm scheduled to go to Farley in March 2021. Can we get an updated list of decent lodging and RV parks near the plant? I've already been calling around and a lot of places are full. Big union jobs are happening right now at Farley. I've heard horror stories of some places over there. Several posts are very old, and the information could be outdated. Could I get some more recent information on places to stay near J Farley Nuclear Plant?

Offline jwynn352

• Lurker
Farley - Lodging and RV parks
« Reply #19 on: Feb 25, 2021, 12:57 »
I'm scheduled to go to Farley in March 2021. Can we get an updated list of decent lodging and RV parks near the plant? I've already been calling around and a lot of places are full. Big union jobs are happening right now at Farley. I've heard horror stories of some places over there. Several posts on the other thread are very old, and the information could be outdated. Could I get more recent information on places to stay near J Farley Nuclear Plant?

Thanks,
JW

Offline Kcrawford

• Lurker
Re: Farley - Lodging and RV parks
« Reply #20 on: Mar 23, 2021, 02:28 »
I know most of the extended stay properties are sold out.
We still have a few rooms left at Fairfield inn by Marriott.  Offering great rates to farley workers for 2021 shut down. Call or text me at 334-796-2898 ;D

Offline naturalpointe

• Lurker
« Reply #22 on: Sep 16, 2021, 11:13 »
Quiet RV Park located in Jakin, Ga 13 miles to Farley Nuclear,  Full hook up- Laundry, WIfi water, sewer and power. Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Rates available. Fully furnished cabin 1 or 2 bedrooms avail. Short or long term" more info if you call or google Natural Pointe RV Park Jakin, GA
 334-435-3232
For Cabin Pics click herehttps://dothan.craigslist.org/vac/d/jakin-rv-lots-and-furnished-cabin/7380258559.html

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?